• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

COLORFUL Introduces the new EVOL G Series Gaming Laptops

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Colorful Technology Company Limited, a leading brand in gaming PC components, gaming laptops, and Hi-fi audio products, proudly introduces the new EVOL G Series gaming laptops powered by the 13th Generation Intel Core processors and NVIDIA RTX 4060 graphics. The EVOL G Series comes in a new futuristic design featuring Lila—a space traveler exploring colorful galaxies and the universe. The EVOL G Series gets a new look that sets it apart from the EVOL P Series. The new EVOL G Series also introduces Lila, a space explorer that inspired the futuristic design of the new EVOL gaming laptop. The EVOL G Series is available in white and grey colors with an RGB-lit keyboard.

The COLORFUL EVOL G Series comes equipped with up to a 13th generation Intel Core i7-13620H processor with 10 cores and 16 threads, clocked up to 4.90 GHz. It is paired with an NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 GPU, which supports ray tracing and DLSS 3.5 for more immersive gaming, and the highest AI power of up to 233 TOP. EVOL G Series comes equipped with a QHD (2560 x 1440) 165 Hz IPS gaming screen, with a high screen-to-body ratio of 86%. Display also features a viewing angle and 100% sRGB color gamut coverage delivering accurate colors and vivid visuals.

Advanced Cooling
The EVOL G Series laptops feature three cooling modes allowing users to tweak cooling performance between maximum cooling and maximum silence. The EVOL G Series are packed with 10 mm-thick heat pipes with high-density turbine fans for fast heat dissipation with improved acoustics.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30-36-36-36
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) HD58X, Asgard 2, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
I will never understand high resolution laptops. this screen size should be 1080p or 1200p maximum. that 4060 can barely handle AAA 1080p games as it is, let alone at a higher resolution. so dumb, instead put a glass panel on it, that will make the colors pop, increase sharpness and contrast, - and you will still maintain high refresh rates

Those are some weird exhaust vent placements. I’m curious what the cooling system looks like.

ARF

I will never understand high resolution laptops. this screen size should be 1080p or 1200p maximum.

I will never understand low resolution laptops as per your request. 1080p and 1200p are low quality resolutions, unless used on 5 or 6-inch phones.
This screen size is ok at 1440p, but would be even more vivid, realistic, immersive, detailed and colourful if it was 2160p.
You know that lower resolutions introduce terrible screen door effect, which means you never see the right colours.

I will never understand low resolution laptops as per your request. 1080p and 1200p are low quality resolutions, unless used on 5 or 6-inch phones.
This screen size is ok at 1440p, but would be even more vivid, realistic, immersive, detailed and colourful if it was 2160p.
You know that lower resolutions introduce terrible screen door effect, which means you never see the right colours.
I think that this is a matter of GPU to resolution ratio.
I do not think a contemporary laptop containing a mobile RTX 4060 is built to quite handle the demands of 1440p 165Hz. Im sure that in other uses it will be completely fine, or otherwise in medium settings on most titles

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
featuring Lila—a space traveler exploring colorful galaxies and the universe.

SAMUS F-BIRD.gif
"Bitch, please." - Samus Aran

This will probably be LQ'd but I felt compelled to do it! :D :roll:

Because not all programs can have all text & dialogue scaled up in size to compensate for a higher resolution setting. While you might be able to scale things up globally in Windows settings, it might not have any effect on the text size in some programs. I've already encountered a few that are like that. So running 4k on a 15"-17" is not always a good idea. I'm not sure how things are currently or if all programs/apps are finally on board with Window's size scaling & such, but it has been a problem in the past.
I've had an 18" laptop with 1080p resolution and I've never had a problem with screen door effects. However, being that it was TN, the only issue I had with it was poor viewing angles.

ARF

Because not all programs can have all text & dialogue scaled up in size to compensate for a higher resolution setting. While you might be able to scale things up globally in Windows settings, it might not have any effect on the text size in some programs. I've already encountered a few that are like that. So running 4k on a 15"-17" is not always a good idea. I'm not sure how things are currently or if all programs/apps are finally on board with Window's size scaling & such, but it has been a problem in the past.
I've had an 18" laptop with 1080p resolution and I've never had a problem with screen door effects. However, being that it was TN, the only issue I had with it was poor viewing angles.

That's problem of the apps that you point out, and your solution is to stop using these apps that sabotage your experience, and limit you onto ancient screen resolutions. :D

That's problem of the apps that you point out, and your solution is to stop using these apps that sabotage your experience, and limit you onto ancient screen resolutions. :D
Why should I do that when I have no need for 4k+ resolution? Its not going to make any difference unless you're Mr. Magoo and need to have your nose pressed against the screen to see anything, and I can't say that I know of anyone that uses their monitor like that. I'm on a 27" 1440p monitor right now and don't have any issues that you've described. Imo, 4k is a complete waste on anything smaller than 27" screens, and I wouldn't even consider it until I was upgrading to a 32"+ monitor.