• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is this Sapphire PULSE RX 5600 XT legit or fake?

coolmag

Hi,
I just bought a Sapphire PULSE RX 5600 XT and it's working fine. But when I check it with gpuz Subvendor is powercolor. I am trying to understand is this a legit card from sapphire or this is a powercolor card.

And another strange thing is I can't find any information about this PN number. Can you help me with this? Card is working fine; temps are just fine. not issues. Should I flash bios or use this like this condition? I attached images for your reference (part number, gpuz and amd software).

rx5600xt.jpeg5600xt gpuz.pngamd 5600xt.png

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte Auros Elite AX V2
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin SE White
Memory TeamGroup T-Force Delta RGB 32GB 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor Red Dragon Rx 6800
Storage Fanxiang S660 1TB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 1TB, BraveEagle 240GB SSD, 2TB Seagate HDD
Case Corsair 4000D White
Power Supply Corsair RM750x SHIFT
Likely just had a bios flash to unlock it at some point, I did it with my 5600xt a few years ago, was a few hoops to jump through to unlock the bios iirc that involved flashing a different vendor bios to the card, I would leave it as is if it is working as the steps to change it back were the same and not a straight forward flash, though you should use the upload bios function in GPU-Z and see if it has been uploaded to the GPU BIOs DB before, this should give you more details to make sure it isn't a mining bios which at first glance it doesn't appear to be

Last edited:

coolmag

Likely just had a bios flash to unlock it at some point, I did it with my 5600xt a few years ago, was a few hoops to jump through to unlock the bios iirc that involved flashing a different vendor bios to the card, I would leave it as is if it is working as the steps to change it back were the same and not a straight forward flash, though you should use the upload bios function in GPU-Z and see if it has been uploaded to the GPU BIOs DB before, this should give you more details to make sure it isn't a mining bios which at first glance it doesn't appear to be
I just tried upload bios there is not duplicate bios and it says subvendor not matched.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Storage Fanxiang S660 1TB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 1TB, BraveEagle 240GB SSD, 2TB Seagate HDD
Case Corsair 4000D White
It is 99.999% definitely a Sapphire Pulse judging by the SN and what I can see of the card, it has just been flashed with a powercolor BIOS for who knows what reason apart from the person who did it, like I said could have been to unlock the card for better overclocking, a lot of them were the same layout, pcb and vram mfr so cross flashing is possible, like I said previously you can leave it as is if it's performing as it should or you can flash it back to the sapphire model when you confirm the memory chips mfr and find the correct bios file

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
Based on the memory manufacturer in GPU-Z, these are the orginal bioses

Silent (bios switch left)

Default (bios switch right)

coolmag

It is 99.999% definitely a Sapphire Pulse judging by the SN and what I can see of the card, it has just been flashed with a powercolor BIOS for who knows what reason apart from the person who did it, like I said could have been to unlock the card for better overclocking, a lot of them were the same layout, pcb and vram mfr so cross flashing is possible, like I said previously you can leave it as is if it's performing as it should or you can flash it back to the sapphire model when you confirm the memory chips mfr and find the correct bios file
OK. I will contact sapphire and make sure this is a legit card first and try to get original bios from them. But as you said I should use this in this condition and if it is good then I will keep using like this.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Case Corsair 4000D White

Not necessarily, they still could be Micron chips and just being wrongly reported as Samsung, which was a thing with the 5600xt in some cases, also most of the 5600xt's used Micron

coolmag

thank you.
based on Marcus L's comment I should research if flash original bios or not right?

Not necessarily, they still could be Micron chips and just being wrongly reported as Samsung, which was a thing with the 5600xt in some cases, also most of the 5600xt's used Micron
Only way to know is by looking at the pcb right?

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Case Corsair 4000D White
thank you.
based on Marcus L's comment I should research if flash original bios or not right?
You just need to confirm the memory mfr the only real way to do that is to remove the cooler, then it is as simple as matching that and your sn info with the correct bios

Or reach out to Sapphire and se if they will help you, that could be the long route waiting for a reply, going back and forth with support etc

coolmag

You just need to confirm the memory mfr the only real way to do that is to remove the cooler, then it is as simple as matching that and your sn info with the correct bios

Or reach out to Sapphire and se if they will help you, that could be the long route waiting for a reply, going back and forth with support etc
I just tried to open a ticket and when I put serial number it automatically filled PN and sky etc. So that means this is a legit sapphire card I think?

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Case Corsair 4000D White
I just tried to open a ticket and when I put serial number it automatically filled PN and sky etc. So that means this is a legit sapphire card I think?
Yea I said it most definitely was, it is just the bios has been cross flashed, I would hazard a guess and say the memory chips are Micron also and not Samsung as being reported. Have you tried the dual bios switch to see what the other one shows?

coolmag

Yea I said it most definitely was, it is just the bios has been cross flashed, I would hazard a guess and say the memory chips are Micron also and not Samsung as being reported. Have you tried the dual bios switch to see what the other one shows?
No actually, I will do that and update this. Thank you very much for your help.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
@coolmag Bioses which I have provided are build for the E426 board. They are perfect match.

1714414319558.png

Quiet bios:
1714414657754.png

Default OC bios:
1714414515917.png

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Case Corsair 4000D White
@coolmag Bioses which I have provided are build for the E426 board. They are perfect match.

View attachment 345606

Quiet bios:
View attachment 345609

Default OC bios:
View attachment 345608
He still needs to confirm what memory as there are matches ALSO with Micron memory as I have stated a few times and it is not uncommon for these cards to incorrectly report Samsung when in fact they are Micron, best to be certain just in case

coolmag

can you guys redirect me to a solid vbios flash tutorial not to get lost just in case.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Case Corsair 4000D White

You can try your luck and use the windows tool, failing that, the above guide should work, that said others like @VuurVOS may chime in with some help, I haven't flashed a card for a few years now so my knowledge is not what it was, at least when using what version and the cmd's to be used etc
image_2024-04-29_194845579.png

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
He still needs to confirm what memory as there are matches ALSO with Micron memory as I have stated a few times and it is not uncommon for these cards to incorrectly report Samsung when in fact they are Micron, best to be certain just in case

Please verify before sharing blindly a broken bios ;) See description of 248130. The submitter stated it as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" with low clock speeds.
This one is the correct one if he has Micron. https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/223037/223037

I am quite sure it is Samsung.

@coolmag Can you confirm which bioses are currently on the card? There is a bios switch which should contain two different bioses.
  1. Turn off system and change bios switch to left
  2. Boot system. Share output of amdvbflash -i
  3. Turn off system and change bios switch to right
  4. Boot system. Share output of amdvbflash -i
If you are luckly one of those is still orginal. It will tell us which bios should be restored without removing the cooler.

coolmag

Guys I turned the bios switch to left and check it on GPUZ and it shows sapphire. And when I try to submit it to online database it shows it already submitted. So this means this bios is the original one. I attched left and right result from gpuz.
@VuurVOS @Marcus L
vga_port_side_position(switch left).pngvga_power_connector_side_position(switch right).png
The one with the sapphire (Subvendor) is the left one (bios switch left/ port side)

Last edited:
System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Guys I turned the bios switch to left and check it on GPUZ and it shows sapphire. And when I try to submit it to online database it shows it already submitted. So this means this bios is the original one. I attched left and right result from gpuz.
@VuurVOS @Marcus L
View attachment 345773View attachment 345774
The one with the sapphire (Subvendor) is the left one (bios switch left/ port side)
The earlier provided performance/default bios with Samsung suppport seems to be matching your card:

Did you have time read the flashing instructions? https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...nd-line-cmd-syntax-mini-guide-windows.291671/

When the bios switch is set to right, you can follow this part of the guide. If something is unclear, please let us know:
For RX 5000-7000 Navi Series and I believe Vega Cards, maybe Fury...
AMDVBFLASH
Versions 3.31-5.0.567

Follow these steps carefully:

1. Open your "C:" drive in Windows, create a new folder, call it atiflash.

2. Extract the contents of amdvbflash_win_5.0.567.zip to the "C:\atiflash" folder (make sure everything is in C:\atiflash and not another folder)

3. Find the bios file you downloaded and rename the bios file to a 5 digit with .rom on the end, example RX 6900XT, name file r6900.rom (r****.rom)

4. Move your bios r****.rom to the "C:\atiflash" folder

5.Open the directory/folder, double click AMDVBFlashDriverInstaller.exe and allow it to install
YOU MUST INSTALL THIS FOR AMDVBFLASH TO WORK, YOU CAN UNINSTALL IT USING THE EXACT SAME .EXE

6. Open the start menu, type cmd, when cmd.exe appears right click it and hit "Run as administrator"

7. At the command prompt type in cd\ and press enter until only C:\> is on the screen.

8. Type in cd/atiflash and press enter, you should see C:\atiflash>

9. At C:\atiflash> type in amdvbflash.exe -i to identify your card with a 0, 1, or 2

10. At the C:\atiflash> prompt type in
amdvbflash.exe -p 0 r****.rom -fa -fp (or 1, 2)

(there is a space between amdvbflash.exe and -p, a space between -p and 0, a space between 0 and r****.rom, a space between r****.rom and -fa, and a space between -fa and -fp)

Press Enter.

Follow directions on screen and if flash is successful exit the command prompt and restart, windows should show up on monitor.

coolmag

The earlier provided performance/default bios with Samsung suppport seems to be matching your card:

Did you have time read the flashing instructions? https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...nd-line-cmd-syntax-mini-guide-windows.291671/

When the bios switch is set to right, you can follow this part of the guide. If something is unclear, please let us know:
yes I read it and Before do anything I will backup current bios and try for the bios switch right. Thanks a lot for helping me. I will update you when I am done.
and one thing this bios is 14GBPs one right?

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
yes I read it and Before do anything I will backup current bios and try for the bios switch right. Thanks a lot for helping me. I will update you when I am done.
and one thing this bios is 14GBPs one right?
Memory of this bios should be running at 1750MHz (14GBPs)

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
another thing I noticed is when I try to upload bios to the online data base using powercolor it says it already exists.
VGA Bios Collection: Powercolor RX 5600 XT 6 GB | TechPowerUp
its this one. Is this helpful to this problem? I didn't flash the bios yet.

tried to flash but got errorView attachment 345845
Latest version of amdvblfash doesn't support cross flashing. Did you try older version 2.93?

I am not sure if version 2.93 supports flashing on a rx 5600 xt card. Syntax of the older versions are also a little different.
amdvbflash -unlockrom 0
amdvbflash -f -p 0 ****.rom

coolmag

Latest version of amdvblfash doesn't support cross flashing. Did you try older version 2.93?

I am not sure if version 2.93 supports flashing on a rx 5600 xt card. Syntax of the older versions are also a little different.
amdvbflash -unlockrom 0
amdvbflash -f -p 0 ****.rom
I'll try that.

coolmag

hey @VuurVOS
I got the original bios from sapphire via ticket I made a couple of days ago. Should I flash these one? I noticed file extensions are different.

Attachments

• UPLOAD_00242104538.zip
    397.4 KB · Views: 18