• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Saber Interactive Working on World War Z Video Game

Independent developer Saber Interactive has announced World War Z, a new four-player cooperative game inspired by Paramount Pictures' blockbuster film franchise. Featuring massive swarms of zombies who rush their living prey, World War Z is in production for the PlayStation4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One and Windows PC. "World War Z is a name synonymous with heart-pounding fear and action, and we're excited to finally capture that energy in a fast-paced and gruesome experience crafted specifically for modern consoles and PC," said Saber Interactive CEO Matt Karch.

World War Z's co-op campaign focuses on unique survivor stories and missions around the globe, including New York, Moscow and Jerusalem. Use traps, barriers and the environment strategically to stay alive while unleashing a storm of firepower with a variety of weapons on the unrelenting hordes of the undead.

"Saber has tons of experience working on high-quality games and they've done a great job capturing the massive, frantic hordes of 'zekes' that sets our franchise apart," said Bil Bertini, Executive Vice President of Worldwide Licensing for Paramount Pictures. "They have created a fiercely original experience in the rich universe of World War Z that fans are sure to love."

World War Z is expected to release in 2018. For more information as the game develops, please visit www.WWZGame.com

Reveal Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

I sincerely hope that the game follows the book instead of that horrific Hollywood botch job of a movie that had almost nothing in common with the original story aside from the title and zombies.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
I sincerely hope that the game follows the book instead of that horrific Hollywood botch job of a movie that had almost nothing in common with the original story aside from the title and zombies.

That scene in Israel was cool at least. I mean, I never saw a setting like that in zombie movies...

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
I 100% agree. Having read the excellent novel first, I almost didn't recognize the story in the movie version.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
That scene in Israel was cool at least. I mean, I never saw a setting like that in zombie movies...

Scene in Israel was... what can we say. A really weak stab at iron curtains and their past and current uses in the world, is the best I can come up with. Or, if you consider the country in question, you could have a completely different and far worse association with that scene.

World War Z had pretty pictures, like all Hollywood blubber, and the ever present undertone of US supremacy all over it. It makes me puke.

System Name Grunt
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte x570 Gaming X
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory Corsair LPX 3600 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 6800 XT (reference)
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
Display(s) Samsung CFG70, Samsung NU8000 TV
Case Corsair C70
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Win 10 Pro
Scene in Israel was... what can we say. A really weak stab at iron curtains and their past and current uses in the world, is the best I can come up with. Or, if you consider the country in question, you could have a completely different and far worse association with that scene.

World War Z had pretty pictures, like all Hollywood blubber, and the ever present undertone of US supremacy all over it. It makes me puke.

I didn't even think about politics or iron curtains. Just the environment was cool for a zombie breakout. Usually it's the same American urban sprawl. I'd like to see all kinds of places in a zombie story.... so far as tolerance for Zombie stories in general go (it's getting old).

I don't remember anything about US supremacy though. Not a lot I remember in general. I remember they found a cure or something in Europe. If you just mean US military reach, that's very real. I don't see the point of avoiding it.

Last edited:
System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Saber Interactive made Timeshift 10 years ago. It's a pretty good FPS.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Saber Interactive made Timeshift 10 years ago. It's a pretty good FPS.

That game is still on my need to play list - which is very much, too long. I still have the game unopened......had it for years.....gezz, I made myself feel bad. Getting older and still have so many games to get back to playing.

As for World War Z - the movie was okay. Folks say the book was a lot better. I'm not sure what kind of niche this game will be able to fit with so many other zombie survival games out there.