• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK-Classic - Less Talk, More Cooling!

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Your writing is butchered

Based on his location, perhaps english is not his/her 1st language, so instead of acting like a grammar nazi-forum polizi, you could give him/her a little slack and be happy that we have members here from all over the world...

Seems like this is happening more & more lately, I just hope it doesn't push people away & reduce the amount of input or viewpoints posted here....

That's interesting, I didn't saw people to install plumber tape on fittings example.
Maybe is better to install extender once and not remove him.

Thats the great thing about plumbers tape...easy to apply, works in virtually any situation where a good, leak proof seal is needed, and also easy to remove, with no gunky, gooey mess to clean up before reapplying.

Although I don't use WC in my 'puters, I use plumbers tape everywhere & anywhere there is water/liquid connections in the house... faucets, sinks, shower heads, supply lines, shut-off valves, etc etc.... neveranottaproblemo :)

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
System Name Intel® X99 Wellsburg
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-5820K - 4.5GHz
Motherboard ASUS Rampage V E10 (1801)
Cooling EK RGB Monoblock + EK XRES D5 Revo Glass PWM
Memory CMD16GX4M4A2666C15
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon
Storage Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB /850 EVO 1TB / WD Black 2TB
Display(s) Samsung P2450H
Case Lian Li PC-O11 WXC
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply EVGA 1200 P2 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G900 / SS QCK
Keyboard Deck 87 Francium Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Based on his location, perhaps english is not his/her 1st language, so instead of acting like a grammar nazi-forum polizi, you could give him/her a little slack and be happy that we have members here from all over the world...

Seems like this is happening more & more lately, I just hope it doesn't push people away & reduce the amount of input or viewpoints posted here....

Thats the great thing about plumbers tape...easy to apply, works in virtually any situation where a good, leak proof seal is needed, and also easy to remove, with no gunky, gooey mess to clean up before reapplying.

Although I don't use WC in my 'puters, I use plumbers tape everywhere & anywhere there is water/liquid connections in the house... faucets, sinks, shower heads, supply lines, shut-off valves, etc etc.... neveranottaproblemo :)

Probably smart decision. I only didn't saw on IT Forums RIG builders to use something like that, or on Youtube.
Now I even think to do same as you. I will think about that. Only it's different if water leak in WC and peace because improper seal.
How you success to tight thread with tape? :confused:

Maybe someone offer non conductive coolant, not danger for electronic???
Biggest chance for leak is to tight little and when you install soft tubes to turn them wrong.
I think if thread is in acrylic or pom, acetal and similar softer materials maybe is better to put G 1/4 extender small and never remove him from part.
Than fitting will go inside metal thread. Even if you wash CPU block you don't need to remove G 1/4 extender... only compression fitting.

sidewindercomputers_2272_8682621.jpg

System Name Ryzen Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7 5800x @ 4.9ghz Watercooled
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X570 Ultra
Cooling 2x Thermaltake PR-22 D5, 2x Bykski 360mm 60mm Rad, Bykski CPU and GPU waterblocks
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws F4-3600C16D-32GVKC
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6900XT Reference Watercooled
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, SK hynix Gold S31 1TB
Display(s) 55 inch LG OLED CX
Case ThermalTake
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850X
Software Windows 10 Pro
CPU Block = Barrow $26 PerformancePC
2x GPU Block = Bykski $73 FormulaMod
360mm 45mm = Barrow $59 PerformancePC
240mm 30mm = Barrow $39 PerformancePC

Not sure if this is the right place... This is the look as of today of my EK cpu block... There are some weird lines and particules... What would you do?View attachment 122567