• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD CEO Lisa Su Says Ryzen 7000 Launch Availability to be Strong

Processor 13700KF Undervolted @ 5.6/ 5.5, 4.8Ghz Ring 200W PL1
Motherboard MSI 690-I PRO
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 w/ Arctic P12 Fans
Memory 48 GB DDR5 7600 MHZ CL36
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE
Storage 2x 2TB WDC SN850, 1TB Samsung 960 prr
Display(s) Alienware 32" 4k 240hz OLED
Case SLIGER S620
Audio Device(s) Yes
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Xlite V2
Keyboard RoyalAxe
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores They're pretty good, nothing crazy.
I would definitely wait for X3D if I was updating. Launch prices are always high. But for this gen specifically you know there is a +30% fps chip around the corner.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) SHP-9500, custom tube amp, Modi 3
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
I would definitely wait for X3D if I was updating. Launch prices are always high. But for this gen specifically you know there is a +30% fps chip around the corner.

Depends how safe you feel that WW3 won't happen before it comes out. Time to toss the dice.

System Name Trackstar
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D -30 All Core CO (on Corsair XC5 block)
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2 Rev 1.0 (F17 BIOS)
Cooling Corsair XD5 pump / Corsair XR5 1x 360mm (front) + 1x 420mm (top) rads
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GVKA)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6950XT OC Formula (on Bykski A-AR6900XTOCF-X block)
Storage WD_BLACK SN850X 2TB w/HS
Display(s) Dell S3222DGM 32" 1440p/165Hz FreeSync
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200 Integrated Audio
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1200W on Liebert GXT4-1500RT120 UPS
Mouse Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60 RGB PRO
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/sw/1131940 https://www.3dmark.com/fs/29315810
So, how do you think the 6-core / 12-thread Ryzen 5 7600X fare against the much stronger 14-core / 20-thread Core i5-13500? :confused:
I thought the i5-13500 non-K was 10-core/16-thread? Could be wrong though, purported specs are constantly changing.

But honestly I think AMD and Intel are going to be spending most of their time trading blows this generation. If I had to guess (emphasis on guess) I would say the 13500 will win in multi-thread but lose by a slight margin in single core to the 7600X.

Once AMD releases the 3DV parts however I think all bets are off. Unless Intel has an ace up their sleeve it might end up being a bloodbath in the gaming space, with Intel taking the beating. We've seen how larger cache sizes accelerate game workloads with the 5800X3D and that was basically a prototype. That being said, I've heard Intel has been spending a lot of R&D optimizing their cache size, layout, and latency for RPL so they might be able to compete against the Vcache parts in some sense, but I wouldn't count on it.

In a nutshell, I'm not going to say anything with any kind of definitive confidence. I don't work at Intel or AMD and I don't have access to any insider information besides what's already been leaked. The one thing I am sure of though is that there's going to be strong competition this generation, with good showings from both team red and blue. Who will come out on top I think is going to heavily depend on what you're doing with the CPU and the strength of your cooling/power delivery (on both sides).

Again, it would be smart to wait for third-party benchmarks of the programs you'll be using most. Both AMD and Intel cherry pick their first-party benchmarks because they're companies who need to make money to survive. Of course they're both going to tout themselves as having "da best CPU :O" because they can pull an extra 3FPS or finish .27 seconds faster in an arbitrary benchmark. I guarantee when Intel releases RPL they're going to show a bunch of numbers that have them stomping all over Zen 4 the same way AMD had a bunch of numbers showing them stomping all over ADL. Then the Z43D parts will be released which will have numbers that stomp all over RPL, and then RPL S-skus will launch with numbers that stomp all over Z43D.

In my opinion the two companies are going to be taking part in a beautiful ballet of oneupsmanship for the foreseeable future and if people make their purchasing decision with their heart instead of their brain they're going to end up getting burned.

Aaaaaand exhale.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Pretty good considering it doesn't exist yet. Also AM5 will have multiple gens of CPUs on it,
Unless of course AMD does what they did with both the 300 and 400 series and tries to leave them out in the cold with regards to CPU BIOS updates (which was only reversed after sustained complaints from the community).
this socket is dead after raptor lake.
With intel you dont need to update every other year, you're good on performance for 5+. Plenty of people out there still game with 6th gen intel without issue.

I thought the i5-13500 non-K was 10-core/16-thread? Could be wrong though, purported specs are constantly changing.

But honestly I think AMD and Intel are going to be spending most of their time trading blows this generation. If I had to guess (emphasis on guess) I would say the 13500 will win in multi-thread but lose by a slight margin in single core to the 7600X.
But even if that's the case there is no way 13500 will be 299. It will be less and you will still be able to run it with DDR4 on a super budget motherboard. I feel like AM5 at low-mid end is just really bad for AMD right now, both with new motherboard prices and DDR5.

So, how can you call this launch?
1. Great;
2. So-so;
3. Epic fail?
Technology wise is great (good on general performance, but it has also AVX512, Gen5 M.2, perf/W advantage) price aftertaste so-so.
If it was $699/$499/$349/$269 it would be a more balanced decision imo based on what i think the competition will offer.
The main problem is the entry price point of the platform, 13400F will launch one Q after the K models, it doesn't seem AMD will have for a year at least a 13400F+DDR4 performance/price class (and below) Zen4 competitor at all, except old EOL Zen3 platform solutions, so not very exciting regarding mainstream market.

Processor Intel Core i7 11700
Motherboard Asus b560-i ROG
Cooling Thermalright Assassin King Mini
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 3600
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 FE
Display(s) Dell S2721DGF
Case Ncase M1
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse HyperX
Keyboard HyperX
Well, hopefully. I have my eyes on the i5 13500 if it really is going to be 6P+8E.
Looking at this baby as well as it seems to be the best in i5 from core clocks/count perspective. Those b boards with xmp are just plug and play with no tweaking required and tdp easy to set for your needs.

System Name Trackstar
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D -30 All Core CO (on Corsair XC5 block)
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2 Rev 1.0 (F17 BIOS)
Cooling Corsair XD5 pump / Corsair XR5 1x 360mm (front) + 1x 420mm (top) rads
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GVKA)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6950XT OC Formula (on Bykski A-AR6900XTOCF-X block)
Storage WD_BLACK SN850X 2TB w/HS
Display(s) Dell S3222DGM 32" 1440p/165Hz FreeSync
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200 Integrated Audio
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1200W on Liebert GXT4-1500RT120 UPS
Mouse Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60 RGB PRO
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/sw/1131940 https://www.3dmark.com/fs/29315810
But even if that's the case there is no way 13500 will be 299. It will be less and you will still be able to run it with DDR4 on a super budget motherboard. I feel like AM5 at low-mid end is just really bad for AMD right now, both with new motherboard prices and DDR5.
I'm thinking it'll probably launch at 249, enough to undercut AMD but still making a decent margin. Although if they end up being super confident in the performance they might launch it higher, but I think you're right in it beating the 7600X in price by a good chunk.

As for the DDR support, I think that's going to be a MAJOR sticking point for a lot of people. AMD very well may have shot themselves in the foot with budget builders by going Apple mode with the whole "DDR5 is the future and by future we mean it's your only option". I can understand them wanting to maximize platform performance, and for the higher end parts I think that's a smart move, but we're definitely in a transition period right now and they're probably going to lose a lot of the budget market. I'm on a 5600X and decided to go with DDR4-3600 to achieve clock parity with the IF for that sweet, sweet latency reduction. I was able to scoop up 32GB of it for about $135 and that was in 2021. The cheapest DDR5-6000 (AMD's recommendation for the same IF clock parity) kit I can find right now is 32GB going for $209.99, not a massive increase but 75 bucks extra is still pretty significant and way out of the range of any budget-conscious builder. AFAIK there aren't any 16GB DDR5-6000 kits available right now, at least at my local microcenter anyways.

I think AMD is pretty heavily targeting high-end builders with this launch, which is fine, enthusiast-tier FTW, I just think this move has pretty much guaranteed Intel taking the budget leadership position. Maybe they know something we don't, maybe DDR5 is about to drop in price making it more attractive for the average custom builder and B650/X670 boards won't be as expensive as we think but that has yet to be seen. It's definitely clear that AMD has realized the FX death-march is over, they've proven themselves, and feel comfortable charging premium prices again. I just hope they don't get drunk off their success like Intel did back in the early 2010s. We'll have to wait and see.

Well strong availability of higher priced CPUs with higher priced motherboards and RAM.

And Intel releasing new chips with a complete product range from budget to high-end, DDR4 support, etc. shortly afterwards.

I don't see there being a shortage, lol.
While Intel might have an advantage at the absolute lowest end (solely because AMD isn't currently releasing chips at those price nor performance points), that pricing advantage starts to disappear once you get to the 7600x level.

Regardless of your current usage, both AMD and Intel will require chipset upgrades this generation. Only "advantage" Intel has is that people can still use their DDR4 memory. However, we've yet to see how DDR4 is going affect (if at all) the performance of Raptor Lake CPUs. A rather significant delta between near-peak performance between DDR4 and DDR5 memory might nullify some of the performance advantages of the upgrade, essentially necessitating DDR5 memory anyways in order to warrant the uprade from 12th to 13th-gen Intel.

Further, the price difference between DDR4 and DDR5 has gone down dramatically. Right now, a decent 2x8gb set of DDR4 can be had for about $45-50. DDR5? Lowest price on PCPartPicker is showing $80, but decent DDR5-5200 can be found for right at $100. A $50 difference in cost when looking at a full platform/chipset upgrade regardless of company just isn't a financially significant amount

If a roughly $50 difference is breaking your budget, and is the determining factor between choosing Intel or AMD for your upgrade, I don't think that person (or anyone in that financial position) should be looking at a full chipset upgrade anyways. Also, if you're that far behind in terms of the product cycle that this upgrade is a must, save up the additional $50 or so dollars for the DDR5 and go with the platform that you know is going to give you the greatest longevity in most respects (which, both at this time and given historical precedent, points to AMD).

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
Hi,
Still going to have to wait 6-8 months for prices to settle down to reasonable amounts.

I'm thinking it'll probably launch at 249, enough to undercut AMD but still making a decent margin. Although if they end up being super confident in the performance they might launch it higher, but I think you're right in it beating the 7600X in price by a good chunk.

As for the DDR support, I think that's going to be a MAJOR sticking point for a lot of people. AMD very well may have shot themselves in the foot with budget builders by going Apple mode with the whole "DDR5 is the future and by future we mean it's your only option". I can understand them wanting to maximize platform performance, and for the higher end parts I think that's a smart move, but we're definitely in a transition period right now and they're probably going to lose a lot of the budget market. I'm on a 5600X and decided to go with DDR4-3600 to achieve clock parity with the IF for that sweet, sweet latency reduction. I was able to scoop up 32GB of it for about $135 and that was in 2021. The cheapest DDR5-6000 (AMD's recommendation for the same IF clock parity) kit I can find right now is 32GB going for $209.99, not a massive increase but 75 bucks extra is still pretty significant and way out of the range of any budget-conscious builder. AFAIK there aren't any 16GB DDR5-6000 kits available right now, at least at my local microcenter anyways.

I think AMD is pretty heavily targeting high-end builders with this launch, which is fine, enthusiast-tier FTW, I just think this move has pretty much guaranteed Intel taking the budget leadership position. Maybe they know something we don't, maybe DDR5 is about to drop in price making it more attractive for the average custom builder and B650/X670 boards won't be as expensive as we think but that has yet to be seen. It's definitely clear that AMD has realized the FX death-march is over, they've proven themselves, and feel comfortable charging premium prices again. I just hope they don't get drunk off their success like Intel did back in the early 2010s. We'll have to wait and see.
To your point about AMD's recommendation when it comes to the DDR5: who says you have to listen it? You can

As I said above, anyone who is looking at a full platform upgrade, but is balking at a potential $50-75 dollar difference in upgrade costs, shouldn't be upgrading in the first place.

In your case, you're on the latest release from AMD. Upgrading for you, assuming you have the same use-cases for your system, doesn't make much sense either performance-wise or price-wise, unless you simply wanted the latest shit, in which case, that $75 shouldn't matter since you almost always pay more to be a first or early-adopter. For someone on an older CPU (1st or 2nd-gen Ryzen), or older platform entirely (pre-Ryzen or older Intels), the performance uplift would be so massive, that $75 dollar difference should've been considered (and budgeted for) long-before any thoughts of an upgrade crawled into their heads.

While someone upgrading might want the latest and greatest (and might not want to upgrade to a dead-end platform), there's still nothing stopping a person in the latter of the above categories (someone on pre-Ryzen or older Intels) from getting into an AM4 platform if they truly need an upgrade but don't have the immediate funds for AM5 (or Raptor Lake, for that matter). They're still plenty fast, they're still plenty efficient, and you'll still see plenty of availability of both motherboards and CPUs (as well as good DDR4 memory) as the years go on.

Lastly, I think it's still a bit odd that people are so certain that the lower-end Raptor Lake CPUs are going to be these price-performance world-beaters. It's quite possible that the platform benefits provided by Raptor Lake scale heavily the higher you go up the product stack.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
shit manufacturers say

Hi,
Still going to have to wait 6-8 months for prices to settle down to reasonable amounts.

i think it depends more on Intel. The pricing is unresonable considering the cpu hike in price, plus new more expensive mobos and ddr5 6000

I wish them a strong demand and even stronger availability.

Also, I wish for all of us that lower tire zen4 will be available in even larger availability BEFORE intel swing hard on the mid-low market, as happened with gen12.

If they can't than zen4, no matter how good it will be, will not cash in it's potential.
For all the fantastical hype from Intel fanboys about how Alder Lake was going to eat AMD's lunch due to the mid-low market, the top five best-selling CPUs on Amazon right this second are all Zen 3 parts (the 5800X, 5600X, 5800X3D, 5900X and 5600G in that order). Intel only have three chips in the top ten and the supposed value king 12400F isn't one of them. Mindfactory's data dumps continue to show AMD dominating sales on their site too. Mercury Research's quarterly reports have shown that AMD gained CPU market share from Intel in both quarters so far this year.

When did this supposed "swing hard" towards Intel 12th gen happen? Because none of the actual sales data seems to reflect that.

System Name Vedica
Processor Intel Core i7-9700K
Motherboard Gigabyte AORUS Ultra Z390
Cooling Alphacool Eisblock XPX
Memory 32GB DDR4, 4x Crucial Ballistix Sport LT BLS8G4D30AESBK
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3080
Storage 2x Sabrent 1 TB Rocket - 1x Seagate Barracuda ST4000DM004
Display(s) Dell AW3423DWF
Case Fractal Design Define R6
Audio Device(s) Motu M2
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Mouse Cooler Master MM720
Keyboard Wooting One
AFAIK there aren't any 16GB DDR5-6000 kits available right now
KF560C40BBK2-16 or KF560C40BBAK2-16 for the much needed RGB

Processor i5-6600K
Motherboard Asus Z170A
Cooling some cheap Cooler Master Hyper 103 or similar
Memory 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) IGP
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Display(s) 2x Oldell 24" 1920x1200
Case Bitfenix Nova white windowless non-mesh
Audio Device(s) E-mu 1212m PCI
Power Supply Seasonic G-360
Mouse Logitech Marble trackball, never had a mouse
Keyboard Key Tronic KT2000, no Win key because 1994
Software Oldwin

You can't enter the budget market with only a costly, two-chiplet solution at your disposal. But you can do it with a monolithic chip. If history is any indication, APUs will come to notebooks in 2 months, to OEM desktops in 5 months, and to retail in 9 months from now, meaning June 2023, with a 4-core model conspicuously missing.

However, I think we'll see desktop APUs earlier this time around because AMD has more money than ever to buy TSMC's fab capacity in advance. That's unless Epyc and Instinct sales explode at a faster rate than anybody could expect, forcing (ahem) AMD to give priority to that part of the market over everything else.

For all the fantastical hype from Intel fanboys about how Alder Lake was going to eat AMD's lunch due to the mid-low market, the top five best-selling CPUs on Amazon right this second are all Zen 3 parts (the 5800X, 5600X, 5800X3D, 5900X and 5600G in that order). Intel only have three chips in the top ten and the supposed value king 12400F isn't one of them. Mindfactory's data dumps continue to show AMD dominating sales on their site too. Mercury Research's quarterly reports have shown that AMD gained CPU market share from Intel in both quarters so far this year.
Sales of CPUs as separate components are a drop in the bucket. OEM machines is where the majority of the sales is. It's a battle between the 5650GE, 5600G, 5300G, 4650G against 10400, 10400T, 10500T, 11400T and the like. Mercury's data is relevant here, and AMD seems to compete quite well.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Motherboard Asus Z690-Plus TUF Gaming WiFi D5
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer 2 240mm AIO
Memory PNY MAKO DDR5-6000 C36-36-36-76
Video Card(s) PowerColor Hellhound 6700 XT 12GB
Storage WD SN770 512GB m.2, Samsung 980 Pro m.2 2TB
Display(s) Acer K272HUL 1440p / 34" MSI MAG341CQ 3440x1440
Case Montech Air X
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 25
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys
Software Lots
OR : "Lisa Su says Ryzen 7000 launch availability will be non existent"

Serious question, does that ever happen?

Let's be real. They will sell out initial stock in the first week. It'll be 6 weeks before you get 2nd dibs.

This is the happy path scenario. It's like that with Intel too. Don't get mad unless it takes more than 6 weeks.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
OR : "Lisa Su says Ryzen 7000 launch availability will be non existent"

Serious question, does that ever happen?

Let's be real. They will sell out initial stock in the first week. It'll be 6 weeks before you get 2nd dibs.

This is the happy path scenario. It's like that with Intel too. Don't get mad unless it takes more than 6 weeks.

Given that the 5800X was available throughout the initial launch and for the months after, I doubt that there is going to be a 6 week period where you will not be able to obtain a Zen 4 CPU at all.

Considering economic factors like the global recession and electronic demand slump post pandemic everything points to there being less demand than usual.

Last, factor in the requirement for an entire platform upgrade which will further stymie demand.

For me this reveal was only so-so. Clearly AMD is proceeding with a strategy designed to extract maximum profits from customers. Even if performance is as good as claimed, you are paying a high price. The 3D chips being released a few months after launch is clearly a page taken out of Nvidia's book on milking high end products. Releasing only certain SKUs and chipsets, the pricing of the 7700X, and lack of non-x SKUs or a 7800X all too are marketing tactics to increase revenue. AMD is trying harder to upsell people this gen to the 7900X by launching with the 7700X instead of the 7800X.

I'm going to be honest, I hope AMD has poor sales because I hate this approach to product launches. Ditto goes for Nvidia as well, who will almost certainly apply the same concepts.

FaintCarpet

Well strong availability of higher priced CPUs with higher priced motherboards and RAM.

And Intel releasing new chips with a complete product range from budget to high-end, DDR4 support, etc. shortly afterwards.

I don't see there being a shortage, lol.
I totally agree here. The expensive total platform cost might not be worth it for some. As long as Intel is faster/competitive, AMD might have a harder time selling some of these chips.

We all will need to wait for third party benchmarks and actual prices upon release to be sure.

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
Well I disagree with you guys on it being available, even if they have a lot of supply on AMDs side the retailers simply don't have enough space nor are willing to put up front the capital to feed the initial demand on these launches. It's not a dig on AMD or Intel, anything like this that is a hot ticket item just works like that even outside of PC space even if the supplier has the goods Retail won't hold that much of it when you have like 20M people trying to get the item.

Now I can be wrong, but if I am, be real worried about the economy. I don't think I have ever seen any new gen CPU launch with 'sufficient supply' for the first month in Retail, and my first DIY rig was a 80286.

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Well I disagree with you guys on it being available, even if they have a lot of supply on AMDs side the retailers simply don't have enough space nor are willing to put up front the capital to feed the initial demand on these launches. It's not a dig on AMD or Intel, anything like this that is a hot ticket item just works like that even outside of PC space even if the supplier has the goods Retail won't hold that much of it when you have like 20M people trying to get the item.

Now I can be wrong, but if I am, be real worried about the economy. I don't think I have ever seen any new gen CPU launch with 'sufficient supply' for the first month in Retail, and my first DIY rig was a 80286.

That's why drop-shipping and distributors exist. Often times when i order a brand new product off Amazon the product will come direct from the manufacturer or distributor. In that case the retailer isn't tying up any capital or inventory space.

Processor Intel Core i3 8350K @4.6Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z370-P
Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev.C
Memory 12GB DDR4 2400Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB DDR5 128bits
Storage 2TB + 2TB
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 794MB
Software Tubuntu 22.04 LTS x64 + Windows 8.1 x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R15 Single Thread: 215 points
Further, the price difference between DDR4 and DDR5 has gone down dramatically. Right now, a decent 2x8gb set of DDR4 can be had for about $45-50. DDR5? Lowest price on PCPartPicker is showing $80, but decent DDR5-5200 can be found for right at $100. A $50 difference in cost when looking at a full platform/chipset upgrade regardless of company just isn't a financially significant amount

If a roughly $50 difference is breaking your budget, and is the determining factor between choosing Intel or AMD for your upgrade, I don't think that person (or anyone in that financial position) should be looking at a full chipset upgrade anyways. Also, if you're that far behind in terms of the product cycle that this upgrade is a must, save up the additional $50 or so dollars for the DDR5 and go with the platform that you know is going to give you the greatest longevity in most respects (which, both at this time and given historical precedent, points to AMD).
DDR5 performance and price compared DDR4, back to think DDR5 are shit in actual state (performance gains are lower and only appear in specific cases)

Maybe when high speed kits stay in lower prices for example 32gb 6400mhz (7200mhz personally consider as minimum) dual channel kit between 90 to 100us maybe can think again but maybe 100us in ram is so much (i dont need 32gb and many users dont needed too)

32gb only kits in high speed use same pity excuse of memory manufacturers (failing in show 32gb are necessary for more people :roll: ), give me more money and give you more ram but if dont need more, why must be give you more money :roll:

Personally think DDR5 need much time for offer better products with better price, maybe in somewhere 2024

:)

System Name Legion
Processor i7-12700KF
Case Montech Air X
Software Lots
That's why drop-shipping and distributors exist. Often times when i order a brand new product off Amazon the product will come direct from the manufacturer or distributor. In that case the retailer isn't tying up any capital or inventory space.

We'll see. Again I haven't seen it work like that. Intel made plenty of Gen 10 CPUs, but they sold out in 2020.

you'll still be waiting months for the cheap motherboards to surface (and since Raptor Lake can use the whole lineup, its going to be harder to justify that wait for cheap AM5)
It's literally under two weeks. 27th September > 10th October for B650 boards.
RL will only launch with 3 K-SKU's on 20th October and the rest will follow in March 2023 - nearly half a year later.

System Name Poor Man's PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 7500F
Motherboard MSI B650M Mortar WiFi
Cooling ID Cooling SE 206 XT with Arctic P12 fan
Memory 32GB GSkill Flare X5 DDR5 6000Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX Merc 310 Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage XPG Gammix S70 Blade 2TB + 8 TB WD Ultrastar DC HC320
Display(s) Mi Gaming Curved 3440x1440 144Hz
Case Asus A21 Case
Audio Device(s) MPow Air Wireless + Mi Soundbar
Power Supply Enermax Revolution DF 650W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 3
Keyboard Logitech Pro X + Kailh box heavy pale blue switch + Durock stabilizers
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Benchmark Scores Who need bench when everything already fast?

Might be in minority, but I never considered RPL-S or AM5 in particular was meant for "budget". Anything above Ryzen 5 3600X and i5-10400F already delivers comfortable 144fps at 1080p, wayyy above budget conscious 1080p60. You can't be wrong choosing either chips because there's are still an upgrade path.

System Name Dirt Sheep | Silent Sheep
Processor i5-2400 | 13900K (-0.025mV offset)
Motherboard Asus P8H67-M LE | Gigabyte AERO Z690-G, bios F26 with "Instant 6 GHz" on
Cooling Scythe Katana Type 1 | Noctua NH-U12A chromax.black
Memory G-skill 2*8GB DDR3 | Corsair Vengeance 4*32GB DDR5 5200Mhz C40 @4000MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 970GTX Mini | NV 1080TI FE (cap at 85%, 800mV)
Storage 2*SN850 1TB, 230S 4TB, 840EVO 128GB, WD green 2TB HDD, IronWolf 6TB, 2*HC550 18TB in RAID1
Display(s) LG 21` FHD W2261VP | Lenovo 27` 4K Qreator 27
Case Thermaltake V3 Black|Define 7 Solid, stock 3*14 fans+ 2*12 front&buttom+ out 1*8 (on expansion slot)
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 990 (or the screen speakers when I'm too lazy)
Power Supply Enermax Pro82+ 525W | Corsair RM650x (2021)
Mouse Logitech Master 3
Keyboard Roccat Isku FX
VR HMD Nop.
Software WIN 10 | WIN 11
Benchmark Scores CB23 SC: i5-2400=641 | i9-13900k=2325-2281 MC: i5-2400=i9 13900k SC | i9-13900k=37240-35500

When did this supposed "swing hard" towards Intel 12th gen happen? Because none of the actual sales data seems to reflect that.
AMD took about a year to relese more affordeble zen3 cpu.
Intel took a few month.
AMD is on a new AM5, you cant use othe zen on it beside zen4.

From that stand point, if AMD will not introduce mid and low tire cpus to AM5 then, if history repet itself, intel will be the only choice for new build if one is looking to get the newest tech.

Most of the sels are from min and low tires, despite Amazon to sells chart.