• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel Posts Disassembly and PCB Shots of Arc A770 Limited Edition

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Intel Graphics, in its latest teaser video to the Arc A770 Limited Edition "Alchemist" graphics card, posted detailed renders of the card disassembled. The card features a strictly dual-slot cooling solution that uses an aluminium base-plate and a copper vapor-chamber to pull heat from the various hot components of the PCB. This is conveyed by four flat copper heat pipes through an aluminium fin-stack heatsink, which is ventilated by a pair of 80 mm fans. The cooler and its backplate feature four independent RGB lighting zones—the bores of each of the two fans, a light strip running along the top of the card; and toward the tail-end of the backplate, with a total of 90 LEDs. Intel claims that the maximum noise output of the cooler is 39 dBA.

The PCB is shorter in length than the cooler itself, and is full-height (and no taller). It draws power from a combination of 8-pin and 6-pin PCIe power connectors, which combined with slot-power add up to 300 W. A 6-phase VRM powers the "ACM-G10" GPU, while there are three other VRM phases, which could power the eight GDDR6 memory chips, and other power domains of the card. Display outputs include three standard-size DisplayPort 2.0, and one HDMI 2.1. The card's host interface is PCI-Express 4.0 x16, and although not a system requirement, Intel insists that the card be used on a machine with PCI resizable-BAR enabled.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Sierra
Processor Core i5-11600K
Motherboard Asus Prime B560M-A AC
Cooling CM 212 Black RGB Edition
Memory 64GB (2x 32GB) DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 4TB Samsung 990 Pro with Heatsink NVMe SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell S2721QS 4K 60Hz
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply Thermaltake GF1 850W
Software Windows 11 Pro
System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
So when can I buy it?

My understanding is that Intel has not unveiled a date for this product's launch. Thus any dates you might read on the Internet are all speculative at this time.

My guess is that there are retail A770 boxes sitting in finished goods in warehouses.

It's quite possible that they want to finalize a better driver software build for launch. Driver quality appears to be the critical bottleneck for the Arc cards so far, not any sort of manufacturing issue or inherent flaw with the graphics architecture (which can't be fixed in this generation anyhow).

Last edited:
System Name Sierra
Processor Core i5-11600K
Motherboard Asus Prime B560M-A AC
Cooling CM 212 Black RGB Edition
Memory 64GB (2x 32GB) DDR4-3600
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 4TB Samsung 990 Pro with Heatsink NVMe SSD
Display(s) 2x Dell S2721QS 4K 60Hz
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply Thermaltake GF1 850W
Software Windows 11 Pro
My understanding is that Intel has not unveiled a date for this product's launch. Thus any dates you might read on the Internet are all speculative at this time.

It's quite possible that they want to finalize a better driver software build for launch. Driver quality appears to be the critical bottleneck for the ARC cards so far, not any sort of manufacturing issue or inherent flaw with the graphics architecture (which can't be fixed in this generation anyhow).
But I want it now. I can update drivers later.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
But I want it now. I can update drivers later.

Patience is a virtue.

Remember that PC hardware reviewers write their reviews based on the driver software available at the moment they put the cards on the test bench. They rarely go back to retest hardware and rewrite their reviews. Intel knows this.

As we have seen from their first card, geographically restricting the launch to one market like the PRC does not dissuade Western tech writers from obtaining the hardware anyhow.

Graphics cards aren't like PSUs or cases where software is not involved. GPU performance is intrinsically tied to software.

Intel may also be waiting to see what Nvidia does at their impending next gen announcement, presumably Tuesday the 20th. No one expects Arc A770 to compete with mid-range/high-end GeForce 40 series cards but if Nvidia reduces MSRP of GeForce 30 series cards, Intel will likely need to take that into consideration on where to slot the A770 in terms of MSRP vis-a-vis comparable GeForce and Radeon cards. So there's a value proposition component to their launch schedule deliberations.

There are probably a couple of other factors that influence the timing of the Arc A770's launch. It's not just about slapping a cooler onto a PCB, putting into a retail box and say, "Ship it."

Last edited:
Processor i7-7700k @5ghz
Motherboard Asus strix Z270-F
Cooling EK AIO 240mm
Memory Hyper-X ( 16 GB - XMP )
Video Card(s) RTX 2080 super OC
Storage 512GB - WD(Nvme) + 1TB WD SDD
Display(s) Acer Nitro 165Hz OC
Case Deepcool Mesh 55
Audio Device(s) Razer Karken X
Power Supply Asus TUF gaming 650W brozen
Mouse Razer Mamba Wireless & Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Cooler Master K70
Software Win 10
ummm...looking great. No doubt on paper these leaks are looking great :)

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
hummmm.....

shroud design & cooler set-up, if real, looks nice...

But interestingly, there is no mention of what appears to be a 3pin fan connector in the 2nd pic from the left