• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Apple Introduces new Mac mini with M2 Processors

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
I made a short check. 599$ are 577€ at the present exchange rate. VAT/TVA rates are between 19 and 25%. At a medium level of 22% the VAT/TVA is 122€. The total is 50€ lower ( 679€) than the 729€ of Apple's quotation. Considering that the prices of electronic equipment are mostly a question of price policy and not costs (it depends mostly on the price policy of the company, not on the production costs of the object) this 50 € is what EU-consumer pay more. It is not an irrelevant percentage.
Even US-user need to pay State taxes on their buys. If I remember well, these taxes are between 7 and 15% (depending on the State) but I suspect that these taxes are in some way absorbed by the US-sellers.
In the same way, if she wants, Apple could apply the right price in Europe. But she doesn't.

You're right. EU and not UE, but don't ask a French, Spanish or Italian about this.

Best ALMorgan
Keep in mind that the EU had different import duties than the US as, which may affect the retail price. Yes, it doesn't even up being 1=1 pricing, but in general it's +/-10% for most consumer electronics, once you deduct the VAT.

Not all states have sales tax, which is why US pricing is always excluding any tax.