• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Antec Presents AX90 Mid-Tower with Diamond-shaped Mesh Panel for Excellent Airflow

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Antec Inc., a Californian supplier of high-performance computer components and accessories for the gaming, PC upgrade and Do-It-Yourself market, presents the AX90, a model oft he new budget-friendly AX series of Gaming cases. The mid-tower is equipped with three 120 mm ARGB fans in the front as well as one in the rear and is now available at a very affordable price of € 99.99 (recommended retail price including VAT).

The new AX series from Antec offers a large selection of gaming cases with LED lighting and eye-catching front panel designs - all at an affordable price. The new AX90 case has a side panel made of tempered glass and puts the built-in components in the limelight. Diamond-shaped frames in a mesh front panel create not only a visual highlight but also allow for excellent airflow.

The case measures 473 mm x 210 mm x 486 mm (D x W x H) and is compatible with ATX, micro-ATX and ITX motherboards. The AX90 supports graphics cards with a length of up to 385 mm and CPU radiators with a maximum height of 160 mm. It offers space for up to 11 fans and is factory-fitted with three ARGB fans in the front and one in the rear. The built-in control hub can sync with the motherboard or switch the ARGB lighting modes with the ARGB control button for the setup. In addition, the tower offers space for a 360 mm radiator at the front, 360 mm on the top, 240 mm on the side and a 120 mm radiator at the rear of the chassis.

Seven expansion slots, two 3.5-inch bays (convertible to one 2.5 SSD) and two dedicated 2.5-inch bays offer sufficient space for drives and cards. The I / O panel has Power and Reset button, LED control button, one USB 3.0, two USB 2.0 ports and Mic / HD audio jacks. Dust filters at the top, front, bottom an on the right hand side allow for easy maintenance. 23 mm space for cable management ensures the PC build looks neat.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Cheap is as cheap does :)

No C = Auto NO BUY 4 me !

hELLo Antwec.....This is 1993 calling, well, you know the rest :D

System Name Uzuki Toune
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 7700X (ASUS PBO 90C Mode)
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X670E-E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Thermalright Frostspirit 140 White V3 ARGB
Memory 32GB DDR6000 CL36 Kingston (EXPO)(16GBx2)
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1050TI
Storage 2TB Kingston KC3000 + 1TB Crucial P2 + 480GB Samsung Evo 850 + 480GB Kingston A400
Display(s) Dell U2723QE + Philips 221V8 (Portrait)
Case NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Auzen X-FI Forte + Onboard Realtek 4080 -> Creative Gigaworks T40II
Power Supply EVGA G+ 650W
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 (Work) & G103 (Play)
Keyboard iRocks K71M
Software Windows 11 Professional
Far better cases available at that price many with dual 3.0 A connectors and type C connector for front IOm

4 ARGB fans + ARGB hub, arguably unnecessary but there are people who want this, are not cheap. Also there is a market for gamers with wireless peripherals. Having two USB 2.0 ports, one for mouse and keyboard, and another for a wireless headset is a big plus. USB 3.0 is well known for causing inteference with wireless usb dongles. As there are many motherboards moving to all USB 3 rear io, it makes a lot of sense to have 2 usb 2.0 in front. It could be cheaper, but you are paying your Californian tax here. Maybe its time to move to Vietnam or smth.

Helped some family members build a budget gaming system in the Antec NX700. Both the NX700 and this case, the AX90, feature a small LED control button on the top of the case. It enables a switching between motherboard control of the aRGB and a series of a aRGB presets embedded in the case controller. Very convenient if aRGB is your thing. Both cases have a top magnetic dust filter, there is a PSU shroud and a removable hard drive mounting bay arrangement. Provided the focus is on aRGB I think either one is pretty good value.

It could be cheaper, but you are paying your Californian tax here. Maybe its time to move to Vietnam or smth.
While antec maybe based in California, that case is botttom of barrel case you can find from n number of case makers on market originating from same factory.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
While antec maybe based in California
Antec was based in Fremont until 2011 when they got sold to Ming Jong in Taiwan (their current base is also there). They still have sales offices in CA but the Antec of your younger days is no more.

Antec was based in Fremont until 2011 when they got sold to Ming Jong in Taiwan (their current base is also there). They still have sales offices in CA but the Antec of your younger days is no more.
Yep, miss that old Antec sorely. I had P160 back in the day and later on had bought built PC in their excellent 900(V1) but since then they have been consistenly kept rolling down the hill.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
so that's what happened to Antec. I was wondering cause they used to have solid cases in the past and were considered the higher end too.

Case fancier than yours
Yep, miss that old Antec sorely. I had P160 back in the day and later on had bought built PC in their excellent 900(V1) but since then they have been consistenly kept rolling down the hill.
antec three, six, nine hundred cases were top dog gaming cases back in the day with rave reviews
antec truepower new PSU were custom modified seasonic M12 DC-DC units (when many competitor units were still group regulated)

System Name Windows
Processor 13900K
Motherboard Pro Z790-A WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s
Memory 32GB 6600 CL32
Video Card(s) RTX 4090
Display(s) MSI MAG401QR
Case Phanteks P600s
Power Supply Vertex GX-1000
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores They suck.
antec three, six, nine hundred cases were top dog gaming cases back in the day with rave reviews
antec truepower new PSU were custom modified seasonic M12 DC-DC units (when many competitor units were still group regulated)

Yep. Rocked a Three Hundred (version 1) with an Antec HCG 900w (also Seasonic) from '11 - '20. Both still going too.

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Far better cases available at that price many with dual 3.0 A connectors and type C connector for front IOm
I agree, but still nice to see an old dog back in the game with something not 2002.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65

My dad built his PC in one of these. I still have the whole PC even though he's sadly no longer with us. He built it in the six hundred V2, with the ginormous 200mm fan in the top. It's still a great looking case, I think. Back when Antec was top of the game.

Case fancier than yours
My dad built his PC in one of these. I still have the whole PC even though he's sadly no longer with us. He built it in the six hundred V2, with the ginormous 200mm fan in the top. It's still a great looking case, I think. Back when Antec was top of the game.
I owned both the three hundred and nine hundred cases, they were built like tanks and had great airflow. Even had the Truepower New 550w & 650w in each one.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
What do you use that needs a front c port?
My external drives, my phone, rodent, camera.... shall I continue ?

And yea, I could connect all those things to A-ports, but why should I, when I would have to give up the extra speeeedz plus the convenience of a no-hassle connector

And yea, I have a 4 port C-hub too, but that connects to my rear C-port :)

System Name Teh Beast
Processor Intel i9 14900K | 7800X3d
Motherboard Asus STRIX Z790E-E | Strix B650E-F
Cooling NZXT Kraken Elite 280 | Kraken Elite 280
Memory 64GB G.Skill T5 6400Mhz | 32GB G.skill 6000mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 7900XTX Pulse | 4070 Super
Storage 1X 1TB SN850X - 1 X 4TB SN850X - 2 X 2TB 980 Pro
Display(s) LG 38" 38GL950G + LG 27" 27GP83B-B
Case Lian Li o11 Air Mini
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x
Software WIndows 11 Pro
Not bad looking, reminds me of the corsair 4000D/5000D Airflow cases.