• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ubisoft Revisits The Crew Franchise's History, Ahead of Motorfest's Launch on September 14

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
The Crew Motorfest launches on September 14, letting you race across the entire island of O'ahu in more than 600 vehicles and compete in themed Playlist campaigns the highlight Porsche 911, electric supercars, the islands of Hawaii, and more. But before you visit the Motorfest, take a drive back in time with Creative Director Stéphane Beley and Managing Director Ahmed Boukhelifa, both co-founders of Ivory Tower, and Live Producer Sofiane Brahimi to learn the origins of The Crew franchise, what the developers at Ivory Tower learned from fans, and how Motorfest is the culmination of 17 years of hard work.

The Crew Motorfest is out September 14 on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows PC, Ubisoft+, and Amazon Luna and allows you to import your vehicle collection from The Crew 2. You can pre-order it now, and players who pre-order the Gold or Ultimate Editions, or who play through Ubisoft+.

The Crew Motorfest launches on September 14 letting you race across the entire island of O'ahu. But before you visit the Motorfest, learn how The Crew franchise began, what the developers at Ivory Tower learned from fans, and how Motorfest is the culmination of 17 years of hard work. The Crew Motorfest Creative Director and Studio Co-founder Stéphane Beley, Managing Director and Studio Co-founder Ahmed Boukhelifa, and Live Producer Sofiane Brahimi share the story of The Crew franchise.

About The Crew Motorfest:
Welcome to Motorfest! Discover the evergreen festival featuring the best experiences car culture has to offer. Complete your ultimate action driving bucket list through a series of tailor-made races, themed events, and other unique challenges. Explore the vibrant island of O'ahu in Hawaii alone or with your crew. Whatever the way you enjoy cars and driving, there is something in there for you!

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name LenovoⓇ ThinkPad™ T430
Processor IntelⓇ Core™ i5-3210M processor (2 cores, 2.50GHz, 3MB cache), Intel Turbo Boost™ 2.0 (3.10GHz), HT™
Motherboard Lenovo 2344 (Mobile Intel QM77 Express Chipset)
Cooling Single-pipe heatsink + Delta fan
Memory 2x 8GB KingstonⓇ HyperX™ Impact 2133MHz DDR3L SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics™ 4000 (GPU clk: 1100MHz, vRAM clk: 1066MHz)
Storage SamsungⓇ 860 EVO mSATA (250GB) + 850 EVO (500GB) SATA
Display(s) 14.0" (355mm) HD (1366x768) color, anti-glare, LED backlight, 200 nits, 16:9 aspect ratio, 300:1 co
Case ThinkPad Roll Cage (one-piece magnesium frame)
Audio Device(s) HD Audio, RealtekⓇ ALC3202 codec, DolbyⓇ Advanced Audio™ v2 / stereo speakers, 1W x 2
Power Supply ThinkPad 65W AC Adapter + ThinkPad Battery 70++ (9-cell)
Mouse TrackPointⓇ pointing device + UltraNav™, wide touchpad below keyboard + ThinkLight™
Keyboard 6-row, 84-key, ThinkVantage button, spill-resistant, multimedia Fn keys, LED backlight (PT Layout)
Software MicrosoftⓇ WindowsⓇ 10 x86-64 (22H2)
A history of "if you cannot beat them, join them"?

System Name Stugots V
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Thermalright PA-120 Black
Memory 2 x 16GB G.Skill 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual RTX 4070
Storage 500GB WD SN750 | 2TB WD SN750 | 6TB WD Red +
Display(s) Dell S2716DG (1440p / 144Hz)
Case Fractal Meshify 2 Compact
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element | Audioengine HD3 + A8 | Beyerdynamic DT-990 Pro (250)
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus 850W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Leopold FC750R
Software Win 10 Pro x64
Maybe people on PS will play this but why would anyone on XB or PC want to play a crappier version of Forza Horizon? :kookoo:

System Name Cyberline
Processor Intel Core i7 2600k -> 12600k
Motherboard Asus P8P67 LE Rev 3.0 -> Gigabyte Z690 Auros Elite DDR4
Cooling Tuniq Tower 120 -> Custom Watercoolingloop
Memory Corsair (4x2) 8gb 1600mhz -> Crucial (8x2) 16gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) AMD RX480 -> RX7800XT
Storage Samsung 750 Evo 250gb SSD + WD 1tb x 2 + WD 2tb -> 2tb MVMe SSD
Display(s) Philips 32inch LPF5605H (television) -> Dell S3220DGF
Case antec 600 -> Thermaltake Tenor HTCP case
Audio Device(s) Focusrite 2i4 (USB)
Power Supply Seasonic 620watt 80+ Platinum
Mouse Elecom EX-G
Keyboard Rapoo V700
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Maybe people on PS will play this but why would anyone on XB or PC want to play a crappier version of Forza Horizon? :kookoo:

in what way is it crappier?

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
Yes, Splinterdog and Bomby569 from the forum made good returns about the beta ...
It's really looks like FH, but who knows ? A bit of fresh air cannot kill :)

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
@T0@st "... You can pre-order it now, and players who pre-order the Gold or Ultimate Editions, or who play through Ubisoft+."

I guess you forgot some context here. :) Folks who pre-order will get the "Liberty Walk Pack". On the Ubisoft Store page they also mention "30 days exclusive access", so it kinda sounds like the content will later become purchaseable for after release shoppers? Pretty confusing.

There will also be a "Deluxe Edition (Post-launch)" including the base game & Ultimate Pack: Contents of The Crew Motorfest editions

On top of that there will apparently also be a "Limited Edition": The Crew Motorfest Limited Edition

Man I totally hate when companies break up their game content into tons of "Editions". :shadedshu: Esp. Ubisoft, they really make it the most confusing.

Magician

I'm giving The Crew MotorFest a shot in Sep. After the enjoyable but ultimately lacklustre NFS Unbound, I need another arcade racer. The long-term support and huge vehicle list is massively appealing too.

I've got nothing against Forza Horizon, but I prefer Forza Motorsport as a rule, so I stay away from FH.

It's definitely proof that Street Racing games are the past and Automotive Festival games are the present.

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500

soulhax

I'm giving The Crew MotorFest a shot in Sep. After the enjoyable but ultimately lacklustre NFS Unbound, I need another arcade racer. The long-term support and huge vehicle list is massively appealing too.

I've got nothing against Forza Horizon, but I prefer Forza Motorsport as a rule, so I stay away from FH.

It's definitely proof that Street Racing games are the past and Automotive Festival games are the present.

The Crew MotorFest and arcade racer. Its purpose is to try and simulate exactly as Forza Horzion is. Wouldn't consider these games as arcade genre. Yes they are more arcadey than some other games but these games can't be in the same "arcade" list as NFS.
Also very disappointed in The Crew because of the "let me copy your homework" from FH.

Last edited: