• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Jelly Key Introduces Crystal Veil Series - Space Odyssey Artisan Keycaps Group Buy

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
For those unfamiliar with Jelly Key, I highly encourage going through our previous coverage of the Vietnamese artisan's works wherein we've seen several different examples of highly detailed themes which get put to life on your keyboard courtesy artisan keycaps that use a resin pour over a layer-by-layer assembly incorporating individually molded tiny pieces. The company is famous for its various themes and designs although this time is a big departure from the norm by having semi-submerged elements in the new group buy called Crystal Veil Series - Space Odyssey.

The theme is space exploration and how lonely/dangerous it can be. There is an astronaut with his lander in various space-related environments which jut out of the top layer of the resin itself to give a feeling of being trapped or exploring—depends on how optimistic you want to be. These are also UV-reactive and support backlighting to an extent while the Cherry profile adds support to many keyboards using south-facing LEDs too. Jelly Key says the goal here was to make something easy to type on which I don't necessarily agree with, at least compared to the previous keycaps which have a smoother top surface. Indeed, it comes off more like a display piece to me and that also explains the optional display stand and box accessories to use them outside of the keyboard too. These new keycaps come in four designs and five sizes with discounts/free gifts for purchases of multiple keycaps. The group buy officially ends soon but Jelly Key has promised support for TechPowerUp readers who wish to purchase it over the next few days as well. See past the break for photos of a prototype keycap, including under the microscope.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15s/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Looked at website, very nice caps.

Reactions: VSG
System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Awww, these are really cute! Would like to have one for my space-theme Alloy Origins 65 but, sadly, I already know they're gonna be pricey and, being a group buy, sell out quick.