• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Iceberg Thermal Brings New Air, Liquid, and Er..Drink Coolers to CES

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Iceberg Thermal specializes in CPU cooling and fans, with elaborate tower-type, and dual-tower type air coolers, and AIO liquid CPU coolers. It brought practically the entire lineup to 2024 CES, including some interesting bits of hardware. The IceSleet G3 and G4 series are single fin-stack CPU coolers. The IceSleet G3 is at the entry-mid range, capable of thermal loads of 160 W. It uses a single aluminium fin-stack heatsink to which heat drawn from a direct-touch base is fed by three 6 mm-thick copper heat pipes. A single 120 mm fan ventilates it. The IceSleet G4 OC is a step up, and although it's recommended for the same 160 W thermal loads as the G3, it has four 6 mm-thick heatpipes, which should improve heat transfer, allowing you to lower the fan speed. It uses a single 120 mm fan that features addressable RGB lighting. The cooler comes in ice blue+white and black+ice blue 2-tone color variants.

The IceSleet G4 Silent is a further step up, with a cooling capacity of 170 W, a higher density heatsink, four 6 mm-thick copper heatpipes, and a fan tuning that's optimized for low noise. The IceSleet G4 Midnight is similar in characteristics to the G4 OC, but comes in an all-black that includes black anodized aluminium fins, heatpipes, plastic cladding, and of course the fan frame. Although tinted dark, the fan impeller is studded with addressable RGB. The company also unveiled its new IceGale Lightning ARGB series 120 mm fan, with noise levels under 28.9 dBA. These 120 mm spinners of conventional thickness turn at speeds ranging between 200 to 2,200 RPM, pushing 76.74 CFM of airflow, at 2.8 mm H₂O static pressure. The fan comes with a fluid dynamic bearing that's rated for over 70,000 hours by its designers.

IceBerg Thermal also showed off the IceFloe Oasis 360 and Oasis 240 AIO liquid CPU coolers, which it backs with an industry-leading 7-year warranty. The Oasis 360/240 gets the latest generation pump-block technology with a high-speed 3,100 RPM pump motor, a larger microfin lattice for the copper cold plate (which should prove useful with MCM processors such as the Ryzen 9 7000 series; and a rotatable pump-block top cover. The pump-block is connected to a 360 mm or 240 mm radiator, depending on the model, using a 460 mm long tube set. the radiator is ventilated by included IceGale Lightning fans.

Lastly, a neat little oddity with Iceberg Thermal was its IceFloe Aurora drink cooler. You insert a drink can (standard 12 fl oz), and it keeps it cool at 43°F or 6°C. The cooler draws as little as 27 W of power, and needs a 30 W USB-PD power adapter (included). It has an 8-hour auto sleep function, so you don't just leave it running for eternity. On our way out we once again caught the IceFloe M.2 heatsink that we spotted last year at Computex. This thing turns a regular bare M.2 drive to PS5-compatible drives.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

The cooler draws as little as 27 W of power, and needs a 30 W USB-PD power adapter

Oh good. It ought to work better than the crummy USB can chillers from yesteryear then.

I have seen that M.2 "heatsink" for sale at couple of retailers for under $10 and it looks quite overpriced as its just a solid slab of aluminium with no fins. Great example of Low effort engineering from lazy bums as there are proper heatsinks with fins for under half that asking price available on aliexpress.

Better M.2 heatsink:

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
get a bowl of water, add simple/shitty table salt(don't waste fancy salt) mix with your hand till disolved and add ice cubes mix again put your can/cans wait a few mins colder than ice cold

D

Deleted member 237269

I find the look of these IceFloe Oasis 240-360 meh :wtf:
Finition seem rushed. I’d rather put a mid range~ Deepcool in my case.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Is this a new company or an old company rebranded? I've never heard of Iceberg Thermal and it looks to me like their USP is gimmicky plastic mouldings in the shape of an iceberg for their cooler shroud and fan frames.

Thanks, happy to pass.

The modernized can cooler reminds me of Noctua's prototype micro-fridge/can cooler that was teased last year as part of their expanded efforts at cooling products (beyond computers).