• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI Announces New MAG 341CQP QD-OLED Gaming Monitor

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
MSI, the world's leading manufacturer of true gaming hardware, is proudly expanding the hardware possibilities for all gamers, as OLED panels have become the mainstream choice for high-end gaming. Since the MEG 342C QD-OLED's first leak in 2022, MSI has continuously fine-tuned every aspect of it for a better gaming experience. To ensure gamers remain at the forefront of gaming, we're proud to introduce the new QD-OLED lineup. Now, we're excited to announce that our MAG 341CQP QD-OLED is finally ready.

MAG 341CQP QD-OLED is equipped with Quantum Dot technology and an OLED panel, ensuring exceptional picture quality through precise pixel lighting control and true black scenes. It supports an HDR peak brightness of 1000 nits and native 10-bit color, showcasing an impressive range of 10.7 billion display colors. It has also received the VESA DisplayHDR True Black 400 certification, which delivers the ultimate immersive gaming experience with a super-fast 0.03 ms response time and 175 Hz refresh rate.

MSI acknowledges your concerns, which is why we offer MSI OLED Care. This solution provides a range of screen protection optimization mechanisms consisting of three parts: Pixel Shift, Panel Protect, and Static Screen Detection. Now, MSI has developed a more advanced version - MSI OLED CARE 2.0. This upgraded version introduces: Multi-Logo Detection, Taskbar Detection, and Boundary Detection, enhancing care services and significantly reducing the chances of OLED burn-in.

MAG 341CQP QD-OLED is equipped with a graphene film, known for its exceptional thermal conductivity for heat dissipation. Additionally, it features customized heatsink designs. The synergy between these two elements allows the entire monitor to operate without an active cooling fan, thereby achieving a fan-less design. This ensures efficient and silent heat dispersion, further extending the panel's lifespan.

Moreover, powered by AI technology, MSI Gaming Intelligence enhances gaming experience with features like Smart Crosshair, Night Vision AI, Optix Scope, and more.

For console gamers, we offer support for 120 Hz, VRR, and ALLM. MSI Console Mode further incorporates CEC (Consumer Electronics Control), allowing users to control their devices with a single controller. Plus, the Type-C functionality is provided to enhance connectivity with mobile devices.

The available date will vary by region, so please kindly contact your local channel for further information. The expected date for the first shipment is the beginning of January 2024.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
“To ensure gamers remain at the forefront of gaming”

As opposed to… what? Gamings backside? What the hell does “gamers remain at the forefront of gaming” even mean? Where else would they be? And what IS gamings forefront? And how does not having an UW OLED remove you from said forefront?
I have no actual observations about the product itself, it’s probably solid, MSI have become quite good at monitors. I just can’t help but be bewildered by the inanity of marketing press releases, as always.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
It's MSI, for all we know this might actually ship in Q4, their first-gen OLEDs were delayed by almost 2 years.

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Do MSI have burn-in warrenty like Dell / Alienware tho?

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE

Hxx

My next display provided that text clarity is significantly improved from previous gen. Have been waiting patiently for a high refresh UW oled that can double up as work and gaming .

D

Deleted member 237269

Do MSI have burn-in warrenty like Dell / Alienware tho?
I have the Corsair XENEON OLED 27QHD240 27" 2560x1440 and not the ROG version because they had a better warranty :D

Reactions: las
This is a minor revision of the MEG 341C QD-OLED monitor. The specs are identical, and most likely the only change is that it will have the latest gen of QD-OLED panels because Samsung stopped producing the 1st-gen ones. That means slightly better text clarity and maybe the new compensation algorithms that Samsung claims will extend panel lifespan by 2x, but everything else seems the same.

First reviews say the fan is clearly audible and a total deal breaker. The idea of a cooling fan in a monitor is ludicrous. But this is the only way they will give 3 year warranty on burn-in. 3 years is pathetic for an already expensive monitor that should last a decade, but has no chance of doing so.

las

System Name Obsolete / Waiting for Zen 5 or Arrow Lake
Processor i9-9900K @ 5.2 GHz @ 1.35v / No AVX Offset
Motherboard AsRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32GB G.Skill @ 4000/CL15
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom / Undervolt + OC
Storage Samsung 990 Pro 2TB + WD SN850X 1TB + 64TB NAS/Server
Display(s) 27" 1440p IPS @ 280 Hz + 77" QD-OLED @ 144 Hz VRR
Case Fractal Design Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Asus Essence STX / Upgraded Op-Amps
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x / Native 12VHPWR
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless Superlight
Keyboard Corsair K60 Pro / MX Low Profile Speed
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
This is a minor revision of the MEG 341C QD-OLED monitor. The specs are identical, and most likely the only change is that it will have the latest gen of QD-OLED panels because Samsung stopped producing the 1st-gen ones. That means slightly better text clarity and maybe the new compensation algorithms that Samsung claims will extend panel lifespan by 2x, but everything else seems the same.
That text clarity issue (subpixel config) is what made many people not buying the first gen. Outside of gaming it was a problem for some, but not that bad IMO. However I want good/decent text clarity, at least 240 Hz and DP2.1 when I go OLED.

With a big improvement in this area and much higher refresh rate, I think OLED will be a must for me in 2024/2025. Can't wait to leave LCD completely. My monitor is the last LCD panel I own. TVs and phones have been OLED for years.

I think this will be a big year for OLED and going forward will start to dominate in the higher end gaming monitor segment. Motion clarity is much better with OLED. I could see serious and competitive gamers wanting this over higher refresh rate LCD that still has smearing in comparison.

Last edited:
Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
“To ensure gamers remain at the forefront of gaming”

As opposed to… what? Gamings backside? What the hell does “gamers remain at the forefront of gaming” even mean? Where else would they be? And what IS gamings forefront? And how does not having an UW OLED remove you from said forefront?
I have no actual observations about the product itself, it’s probably solid, MSI have become quite good at monitors. I just can’t help but be bewildered by the inanity of marketing press releases, as always.
So many questions.. honestly I wonder how marketeers sleep at night. Or even still know how to take a proper dump without losing themselves in overcompensated babbling of how great their turd is. I guess you have to be on drugs 8/24.