• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Blizzard Announces Expanded Currency Support on Battle.net

T0@st

News Editor
Staff member
As part of our effort to make Battle.net more welcoming to more players, we routinely review which currencies we support and what new ones we should add. This can make submitting payments less difficult and may help reduce or eliminate fees you pay to your card issuer for foreign currency transactions. Subscriptions for Argentinian players will be canceled and not automatically renewed to avoid enrolling players into subscriptions that may see a price increase in Argentina after this currency update.

The new currencies we're rolling out include: United Arab Emirates dirham (AED), Colombian peso (COP), Costa Rican colon (CRC), Indonesian rupiah (IDR), Israeli new shekel (ILS), Malaysian ringgit (MYR), Peruvian sol (PEN), Qatari riyal (QAR), Serbian dinar (RSD), Saudi riyal (SAR), Singapore dollar (SGD), Thai baht (THB), and Uruguayan peso (UYU). We've put together a brief FAQ to provide you with more information on the coming changes.

FAQ:

What happens to my stored Battle.net Balance?
On the date that we make the switch in your regions, stored Battle.net Balance will convert over to the new local currency.

Is my World of Warcraft subscription going to be affected?
Active or paused World of Warcraft subscriptions will not be affected and will continue to be billed in their current currency until canceled. Any subscriptions set up after the currency change will use the new transaction currency.

What rate is being used to convert USD/EUR to my local currency?
For all currencies other than Indonesia, we'll be using WMR FX Benchmarks (WMR Spot Rates) | LSEG provided via https://www.lseg.com/en/ftse-russell/benchmarks/wmr-fx-benchmarks. For Indonesia, we'll use rates provided by https://fiskal.kemenkeu.go.id/informasi-publik/kurs-pajak.

Battle.net is still using USD/EUR in my region. Are you going to switch to my local currency?
We'll continually evaluate which new currencies to bring to Battle.net, and we'll update our players accordingly.

What if my Battle.net account is registered in the wrong country and I want to switch to my local region and currency?
For help switching the region on your Battle.net account, please go to: https://battle.net/support/article/7656.

I received an email about my currency being updated, but it's not listed above. Why is that?
We plan to release more currencies in the future, but do not have any details to share yet.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Ok, and next bring B.net games to Steam...

Just kill the launcher already.
Why? For what purpose other than currencies? Their games are heavily tied into the battle.net ecosystem. All blizzard games support chatting with people in other blizz ip games in game. Bringing it to steam would certainly complicate that.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
Ok, and next bring B.net games to Steam...

But they literally already did that, Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 is on Steam now.
Rest are unlikely to be left behind.

Why? For what purpose other than currencies? Their games are heavily tied into the battle.net ecosystem. All blizzard games support chatting with people in other blizz ip games in game. Bringing it to steam would certainly complicate that.

- I don't see any issues turning B.net into a thin client like so many other studios have done. I'd like to try some of the remasters of Blizz classics and complete the SC2 campaign, but I ain't installing another launcher on my system...

But they literally already did that, Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 is on Steam now.
Rest are unlikely to be left behind.

- So they have literally done it and literally not done it at the same time... games I'm most interested in would be the classics and remasters, which are definitely not on Steam and would basically be free money for Blizz.

System Name Katzi
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X570S Pro AX 1.1
Cooling Phanteks Glacier 360
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16-16GTZNC (Dual Rank 32Gb)
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080
Storage Samsung SSD 980 1TB, 970 512GB Evo Plus, 1TB 870 QVO, 960 Pro
Display(s) AOC CQ27G2
Case NZXT H6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X3
Power Supply Corsair RMx850
Mouse Logitech G502X Plus & Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Keychron V2 translucent, Gateron Ink Black Silent, lubed & filmed.