• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Announces Enhanced 3-Year Warranty for QD OLED Gaming Monitors

Baba

In the US it also depends on where you purchase from. The store can give you an extended warranty beyond the manufacturer one.

TVs
Best Buy: 1 year
Costco: 3 to 5 years depending on TV. OLEDs are all 5 years (2y manufacturer plus 3y All State insurance)

Monitors
Costco: Do not fall under the 90-day return window for electronics and you can return a monitor years later but it's not unlimited and up to the store manager.

Credit Cards
Chase: Extended warranty protection. Extends the time period of U.S. manufacturer's warranty by an additional year on eligible warranties of three years or less. If you get a TV or monitor with 3y warranty, you now have a 4y warranty. Perfect for these OLED monitors.

If you buy it from the right place and use the right credit card, you should be good for 4y. As always buy within your budget. If whatever you buy now will cause you financial burden 4y down the road if you have to replace it, don't buy it or get something within your budget. If the monitor lasts 4y, I'm okay getting another one in 4y. There will be 4 more generations of OLED panels with who knows what visual improvements and features to prevent burn in will be even better than what the current 3rd gen OLED panels already have.

LED monitors don't last forever either.

Power electronics can fail too. Will a $100 monitor use the same quality components as a $1,300 monitor?

System Name 06/2023
Processor R7 7800X3D
Motherboard ROG STRIX B650E-I GAMING WIFI
Cooling Custom 240mm cooling (for CPU) with noctua nfa12x25 and Phantek T30
Memory 32gb Gskill 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 dual asus deshrouded with 120mm NF-A12x25
Storage 2tb samsung 990 pro + 4tb samsung 870 evo
Display(s) Asus 27" Oled PG27AQDM + Asus 27" IPS PG279QM
Case Ncase M1 v6.1
Audio Device(s) Steelseries arctis pro wireless + Shure SM7b with Steinberg UR
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair scimitar pro (this mouse need an overall guys pls) + Logitech G Pro wireless with powerplay
Keyboard Sharkoon purewriter
Software windows 11
Benchmark Scores Over 9000 !
At these prices and the risks involved, 5 years minimum, manufacturers need to stand by their products, this whole thing where we are BETA testers and getting screwed the whole time is just not on.

The manufacturers are not responsible for user stupidity and negligence.

RUSerious

I wish I had talked to Dell CS (text chat) about their extended warranty. Couldn't figure out if their 5 year plan included burn in - which is becoming more of a concern to me considering some ppls comments. Actually, maybe I can still add it - it's less than 30 days since purchase.

The manufacturers are not responsible for user stupidity and negligence.

It's a monitor, what are you supposed to do besides connecting the cables to the correct inputs?

If the tech is not mature enough don't sell it, or sell it with the necessary disclaimers that you won't be able to use it like a regular monitor. This is not a user problem, this a marketing problem and they can't have it both ways.