• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Having issues with 2 EDP Other limits and PL1

gerikdude

Been trying to fix this issue for a while now and i'm completely lost on it. Getting consistent red edp other on both core and ring, and a pl1 limit on core just came up as i was making this post.

Attachments

• Limits.png
    Limits.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 34
  • fivr.png
    fivr.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 30
  • tpl.png
    tpl.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 28

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I am not sure what is causing the EDP OTHER throttling problem. Is IccMax set to 255.75 for both the core and the cache?

How is your battery? Can it still hold a charge for a reasonable amount of time? Any issues with your power adapter?

Some computers can set current limits that ThrottleStop does not have access to. It looks like your laptop has set a very low current limit somewhere. It is usually an embedded controller (EC) that does this. Some sensor might have failed so it is telling the EC that the current limit needs to be decreased to next to nothing. The result, constant EDP throttling. How to fix? That I do not know.

gerikdude

Thanks for the reply! Yeah both cache and core are set to 255.75 for the IccMax. The battery life is perfect, I keep it plugged in 24/7 and it never drops below 95%.

Okay so I have an update. I tried restoring my bios to default, which fixed nothing. I restored all my settings in the bios and then was changing settings in ThrottleStop and realized if i turn ON bd prochot it actually completely removes the edp other limits but then bd prochot becomes red. I was hoping this might be a clue to fixing the issue, any thoughts?

Attachments

• bdprochotoff.png
    bdprochotoff.png
    59.6 KB · Views: 19
  • bdprochoton.png
    bdprochoton.png
    60.2 KB · Views: 18

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
There seems to be something physically wrong with your computer. It is not normal to see EDP OTHER or BD PROCHOT throttling, especially when your laptop has almost no load on it.

I do not know what the problem is or how to fix it. There might be a sensor or some other component on the motherboard that has failed.

gerikdude

Gotcha thank you for your help!
I think it's finally time for a computer upgrade lol