• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIFIMAN Svanar Wireless TWS ANC Earphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
HIFIMAN aims to break the boundaries of wireless audio with the Svanar Wireless. This flagship TWS set of earphones uses a proprietary dynamic driver as well as an industry-first implementation of an R-2R DAC and amplifier inside with the goal of putting out sound comparable to wired IEMs, not just other wireless earphones.

Show full review

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Hey brother,

Nice review as always.

OT but just curious: do you have any contacts/pull over at Hifiman? I've been begging them to create a product that is a wireless Edition XS with BT/2.4ghz (so it could be doubled as a console headset to compete with Audeze's Maxwell). Maybe I'm nuts, but to me that would be a perfect product (if they used the Sundara/Ananda band). Heck, even if they did an Ananda-wireless V2 (more in-line with current pricing of the XS and apparently slowly-improving wireless dac/amps) that was strictly BT I'd be (reasonably) happy.

Am I the only person that thinks those would be endgame(r) cans, or am I crazy because I'm asking for full-size open-back with good mics and/or support for one (with obviously decent noise-cancellation/dsp for the mic)?

I just keep staring at the ever-cheaper XS (looks like it's on it's way to $300 and maybe them phasing out the Sundara/some Ananda versions?) and keep thinking "Man, I'd have buy a Ifi go blu or qudelix minimum in their current state, but I'd be just as happy for something from the factory for slightly less, as I agree their 'built-in/attachable' R2R dac/amps are pretty darn decent (on the deva/deva pro), just asking for some minor and easily-doable improvements from those and a slightly better can (shape/"U/V" signature) like the XS to pair them with. I know the mic/2.4ghz dongle thing might be more of a stretch, but with the Deva's being in the budget group/style, and the Ananda-BT no longer in production, I really wish they'd plant a (new) flag in this area and show Audeze (and everyone else) what's up...they clearly are capable of making something like that and selling it for a decent price (if they chose to do so).

They've clearly put out stranger things than what I'm asking. Theoretically they shouldn't be any more difficult to drive than their current 'lower-end' BT/R2R options, as the current model XS is the same ohm/db ratings as the Deva/Pro iirc.

Right now it's just a pipe dream, but if you know anyone at HFM that might listen, put in a good word for me. The closest I've gotten is 'We'll talk to R&D but don't think we are planning any full-size wireless products". It's a crying shame I tell you. Not just because they could set the bar, but it would just be so nice for more people to get a set like that in their hand that they could justify (perhaps through the multiple uses types like USB/wired/BT/2.4ghz) that was both utilitarian and a bad-ass set of audio gear for the price many are willing to pay.

/End rant and appreciate the consideration from you and/or anyone else that could put in a word to anyone whom could do something about it. :)

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Hey brother,

Nice review as always.

OT but just curious: do you have any contacts/pull over at Hifiman? I've been begging them to create a product that is a wireless Edition XS with BT/2.4ghz (so it could be doubled as a console headset to compete with Audeze's Maxwell). Maybe I'm nuts, but to me that would be a perfect product (if they used the Sundara/Ananda band). Heck, even if they did an Ananda-wireless V2 (more in-line with current pricing of the XS and apparently slowly-improving wireless dac/amps) that was strictly BT I'd be (reasonably) happy.

Am I the only person that thinks those would be endgame(r) cans, or am I crazy because I'm asking for full-size open-back with good mics and/or support for one (with obviously decent noise-cancellation/dsp for the mic)?

I just keep staring at the ever-cheaper XS (looks like it's on it's way to $300 and maybe them phasing out the Sundara/some Ananda versions?) and keep thinking "Man, I'd have buy a Ifi go blu or qudelix minimum in their current state, but I'd be just as happy for something from the factory for slightly less, as I agree their 'built-in/attachable' R2R dac/amps are pretty darn decent (on the deva/deva pro), just asking for some minor and easily-doable improvements from those and a slightly better can (shape/"U/V" signature) like the XS to pair them with. I know the mic/2.4ghz dongle thing might be more of a stretch, but with the Deva's being in the budget group/style, and the Ananda-BT no longer in production, I really wish they'd plant a (new) flag in this area and show Audeze (and everyone else) what's up...they clearly are capable of making something like that and selling it for a decent price (if they chose to do so).

They've clearly put out stranger things than what I'm asking. Theoretically they shouldn't be any more difficult to drive than their current 'lower-end' BT/R2R options, as the current model XS is the same ohm/db ratings as the Deva/Pro iirc.

Right now it's just a pipe dream, but if you know anyone at HFM that might listen, put in a good word for me. The closest I've gotten is 'We'll talk to R&D but don't think we are planning any full-size wireless products". It's a crying shame I tell you. Not just because they could set the bar, but it would just be so nice for more people to get a set like that in their hand that they could justify (perhaps through the multiple uses types like USB/wired/BT/2.4ghz) that was both utilitarian and a bad-ass set of audio gear for the price many are willing to pay.

/End rant and appreciate the consideration from you and/or anyone else that could put in a word to anyone whom could do something about it. :)
I can only forward your comments but realistically it depends on what the boss of the company decides. I do know they have more plans for wireless headphones though so let's see!