• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HEDDphone TWO Air Motion Transformer Headphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
HEDD Audio puts its decades of physics and music experience into novel air motion transformer drivers for headphones. The new HEDDphone TWO is a highly capable over-ear, open-back set using AMT drivers for a unique, full-bodied sound presentation and an innovative headband assembly offering excellent fit and comfort.

Show full review

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
Very cool set of cans but at the price tag I would have to love everything about them to want to keep them.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Very cool set of cans but at the price tag I would have to love everything about them to want to keep them.
Yup, and this is where auditioning something this expensive is so helpful. The response at CanJam London where these debuted was pretty much universally positive, but it's still best to do so in a private, quieter environment.

Lots of reviews have been positive but Joshua Valour had a pretty poor experience with them. I'll wait for these to be out for quite a while to see how views really settle on them.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Lots of reviews have been positive but Joshua Valour had a pretty poor experience with them. I'll wait for these to be out for quite a while to see how views really settle on them.
I believe HEDD was following up with him to see if his unit was a lemon or such to understand what happened there, not sure if there have been any updates.

System Name Battle Station
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix x570-I
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 240
Memory Crucial DDR4-3200 32 GB
Video Card(s) 1 x Gigabyte RTX 4090
Storage Adata 1Tb NVME
Display(s) Samsung G9 Odyssey
Case Hyte Y60
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar DX + Ultrasone Pro 900 + JBL SLR 308 speakers and SLR 310 subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair SFX 750W
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard The rabbit hole of custom mechanical keyboards
Software Window 10 Ultimate x64
Wow just as I am diving into the rabbit hole of audiophile headphones/amp/dac and TPU start publishing reviews on high end headphones lol.

• Haha

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Wow just as I am diving into the rabbit hole of audiophile headphones/amp/dac and TPU start publishing reviews on high end headphones lol.
We cover headphones and sources at various price ranges, you don't have to worry about that. This particular product is on the more expensive side of course, but there are so many more expensive headphones out there to make it feel almost a good value for money depending on what you are looking at. I always suggest trying out at the less expensive side to find out what you like and dislike before going up the ladder.

I believe HEDD was following up with him to see if his unit was a lemon or such to understand what happened there, not sure if there have been any updates.

It sounds like a lemon as HEDD has been around for a good bit and is known for being pricey but they don't make crap products. They are at heart a music studio type company.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
1698271465231.jpeg

those are some big cans!!

We cover headphones and sources at various price ranges, you don't have to worry about that. This particular product is on the more expensive side of course, but there are so many more expensive headphones out there to make it feel almost a good value for money depending on what you are looking at. I always suggest trying out at the less expensive side to find out what you like and dislike before going up the ladder.
I'm not sure if it would be too much work or how you get paid here but you do know your shit.

I think that the trap this site falls into with audio is, if we are going to be honest, most "PC Gamers" are utter idiots when it comes to electronics and hardware. You're going to hit the bottom of the barrel of hardware and electronic know how along with some of the dumbest idiots on the planet when you deal with anything remotely technical. Especially those that build their own PCs. It's rampant idiocy all about. Combine that with venturing out into audio and actual electronics, which unlike PC gaming, requires you know a bit about hardware and circuits. With the PC you don't need to know a damn thing. It's like special education and the short bus. But with RGB!

Have you though of creating a stick in the audio forum where you just explain basics? Like dynamic, vs BA, vs planar, vs electro static, vs air movement drivers? Basics on crossovers. Basics on types of wires, types of connectors. Basics on types of DAC, straight chips, FPGA, R2R ladder. Basics on balanced vs single ended. Even borning stuff like what is a DAC, AMP, preAMP, clock generator, channel. All the stuff that many of us reading your articles already know but is going to fly straight over the head of most gamers. Sort of a quick reference guide?

Along that logic have you though of doing a TPU ranking in various categories of devices you've reviewd? Or just a year in total here are my picks for best in category?

I say this because I think it could help TPU. When it comes to gaming graphics are sort of reaching their eventual end point. There's a bit to go but we know where it's going and we are very close now. Even though the hardware cost became astronomical to get us there. The next big things in immersion in PC gaming aren't VR or AR. It's game AI and full audio immersion as well. So getting ahead of the pack might be good.

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
550g, holy crap! That's more than double the weight of my AKG K702. :eek: Guess it's slipping easily off the head. So what's so heavy, the magnets?

Have seen the Air-Motion-Transformer (AMT) technology used in loudspeakers, mostly by high end & snake oil companies. Apparently the technology was invented by the German Oskar Heil and first used in 1972 by ESS (ElectroStatic Sound Systems) for their "AMT1" speaker. Wondering why the technology didn't take off commercially. ^^

Ever since I read about the AMT technology that went into the HEDDphones I've been dying to try a set, but it's not going to happen. Reading your review is the next best thing.

Your comment about the Moondrop Joker has me intrigued. I have a pair and love them. It'll be interesting to read your take on their identity crisis.

System Name :)
Processor Intel 13700k
Motherboard Gigabyte z790 UD AC
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 64GB GSKILL DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC
Storage 960GB Optane 905P U.2 SSD + 4TB PCIe4 U.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW 175Hz QD-OLED + Nixeus 27" IPS 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) MOTU M4 - JBL 305P MKII w/2x JL Audio 10 Sealed --- X-Fi Titanium HD - Presonus Eris E5 - JBL 4412
Power Supply Silverstone 1000W
Mouse Roccat Kain 122 AIMO
Keyboard KBD67 Lite / Mammoth75
VR HMD Reverb G2 V2
Software Win 11 Pro

I think that the trap this site falls into with audio is, if we are going to be honest, most "PC Gamers" are utter idiots when it comes to electronics and hardware. You're going to hit the bottom of the barrel of hardware and electronic know how along with some of the dumbest idiots on the planet when you deal with anything remotely technical. Especially those that build their own PCs. It's rampant idiocy all about. Combine that with venturing out into audio and actual electronics, which unlike PC gaming, requires you know a bit about hardware and circuits. With the PC you don't need to know a damn thing. It's like special education and the short bus. But with RGB!

Speak for yourself! lol

There are plenty of knowledgeable individuals on this site. I, like @VSG also have an undergrad in Electrical Engineering, and I know plenty of others on this site who work in tech/electronics.
I might not be the vocal ignorant masses, but I enjoy reading through more in-depth technical reviews.

I will agree with you on the "rampant idiocy all about." It's not just in PC Gaming. Social media has given these people a soapbox and connected them with people that think the same way.
I'll keep it at that ;)

Cheers! :toast:

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
I'm not sure if it would be too much work or how you get paid here but you do know your shit.

Have you though of creating a stick in the audio forum where you just explain basics? Like dynamic, vs BA, vs planar, vs electro static, vs air movement drivers? Basics on crossovers. Basics on types of wires, types of connectors. Basics on types of DAC, straight chips, FPGA, R2R ladder. Basics on balanced vs single ended. Even borning stuff like what is a DAC, AMP, preAMP, clock generator, channel. All the stuff that many of us reading your articles already know but is going to fly straight over the head of most gamers. Sort of a quick reference guide?

Along that logic have you though of doing a TPU ranking in various categories of devices you've reviewd? Or just a year in total here are my picks for best in category?

I say this because I think it could help TPU. When it comes to gaming graphics are sort of reaching their eventual end point. There's a bit to go but we know where it's going and we are very close now. Even though the hardware cost became astronomical to get us there. The next big things in immersion in PC gaming aren't VR or AR. It's game AI and full audio immersion as well. So getting ahead of the pack might be good.
Let me put this here. Insulting people is a sign of insecurity, and is really unacceptable on TPU. Consider this your only warning.

Low quality post by SOAREVERSOR
Speak for yourself! lol

There are plenty of knowledgeable individuals on this site. I, like @VSG also have an undergrad in Electrical Engineering, and I know plenty of others on this site who work in tech/electronics.
I might not be the vocal ignorant masses, but I enjoy reading through more in-depth technical reviews.

I will agree with you on the "rampant idiocy all about." It's not just in PC Gaming. Social media has given these people a soapbox and connected them with people that think the same way.
I'll keep it at that ;)

Cheers! :toast:

Unlike a lot of other areas PC Gaming has turned into all automatic stuff. We are long past where I started where setting jumpers, soldering caps, and even more was the norm. It has been massively dumbed down. Other things haven't though. The plague is directly related to PC gaming, as are a lot of dumber trends in gaming. Far from the master race, it's the clown car.