• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

be quiet! Unveils Silent Wings Pro 4 White and Silent Wings 4 White Fans

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
be quiet!, the German manufacturer for premium PC components, proudly introduces the Silent Wings Pro 4 White and Silent Wings 4 White fan series. These radiant white high-end fans are built for maximum performance in cases, on heat sinks, and on radiators, delivering not just great airflow but also impressive static pressure. The fans feature unique exchangeable mounting corners to easily adapt the fans to different situations. With the Silent Wings Pro 4 White, be quiet! has turbocharged its fans to reach extremely high rotational speeds yet offering consumers a choice to configure these fans for low noise, a noise/performance balanced mode, or maximum performance.

With the Silent Wings 4 White series, be quiet! has focused on improving static pressure, which is of vital importance when mounting fans to heat sinks or liquid cooled radiators. The fans feature a low tip clearance of 1.0 mm and a funnel-shaped air outlet, dispersing the air over a greater area and resulting in a drastic improvement in static pressure. This makes the Silent Wings 4 White series a top choice for heat sinks or radiators, while keeping its noise levels impressively low. Silent Wings 4 White comes with two different mounting corners that are tool-free and easy to exchange: vibration-free rubber push-pin corners and traditional hard-plastic screw-type corners.

The fans come in two sizes (120 mm/140 mm) and two different models: PWM, and PWM high-speed. The PWM models are best suited as case fans with their maximum speeds of 1600 rpm (120 mm) and 1100 rpm (140 mm), while the PWM high-speed versions are specifically tailored to heat sinks and radiators thanks to their higher speeds of 2500 rpm and 1900 rpm respectively. All Silent Wings 4 White fans rely on a proven combination of a 6-pole fan motor with three phases and fluid-dynamic bearings for a long lifespan of 300,000 hours.

Going Pro for maximum performance
For consumers who really want no holds barred, be quiet! is introducing Silent Wings Pro 4 White. While these fans offer the same features as the Silent Wings 4 White, the rotational speed has been turbocharged to 3000 rpm for the 120 mm version, and 2400 rpm for the 140 mm version. A speed switch on the back makes it easy for customers who don't want to deal with PWM fan curves to set the maximum speed based on their preferred usage: Medium for silence-optimized operation, High Speed for a noise/performance-balanced mode, and Ultra High Speed for maximum performance. Silent Wings Pro 4 White includes one additional corner type, specifically created for radiators. These radiator corners form a tight fit on the fan to prevent air leakage and to ensure maximum static pressure. The fans also feature a high-grade white mesh sleeve cable and easy-to-use motherboard connector.

All Silent Wings Pro 4 White and Silent Wings 4 White models will be available in retail from April 9.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name DadsBadAss
Processor I7 13700k w/ HEATKILLER IV PRO Copper Nickel
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4
Cooling BarrowCH Boxfish 200mm-HWLabs SR2 420/GTX&GTS 360-BP Dual D5 MOD TOP- 2x Koolance PMP 450S
Memory 4x8gb HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 4000
Video Card(s) Asrock 6800xt PG D w/ Byski A-AR6900XT-X
Storage WD SN850x 1TB NVME M.2/Adata XPG SX8200 PRO 1TB NVMe M.2
Display(s) Acer XG270HU
Case ThermalTake X71 w/5 Noctua NF-A14 2000 IP67 PWM/3 Noctua NF-F12 2000 IP67 PWM/3 CorsairML120 Pro RGB
Audio Device(s) Klipsch Promedia 2.1
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX-850 w/CableMod PRO ModMesh RT-Series Black/Blue
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Aluminun Mechanical Clicky Thing With Blue LEDs, hows that for a name?!
Software Win11pro
I've got to get off my behind and remember to give the SW4s a try at some point.

At least these provide that all important "All White" fix for those among us that require it ;)

The review from techpowerup claims it's quieter than the Darkside Gentle Typhoon, at the same RPMs. For me the GT's are quieter. Maybe it's the frequency of the sound that seems louder to me. Than again, both sound like a jet taking off when I start my PC.