• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

9600 xt 256 mg o/c

J

Jul

Hello !

I have a 9600 xt 256 mb that I am overclocking with atitool. Stock values are 500/250 oc'ed at 570/340. Temp is 40c and around 50 under load ie. Doom 3. I have no auxilliary cooling besides a normal household blowing cool air in my case :p

I also have a P4 1.6 oc'ed at 1.8. My mobo won't let me o/c it more though and that sucks. Everything is extremely stable. However, I know that I could o/c it more. Since I am a noob when it comes to o/cing.

My question is are these values acceptable or should I try to increase them. Especially I'd like to know about other people who have the same vid card and o/c more than me. Thanks for your time and patience !

sersalpha

That's a pretty good overclock given stock cooling. I'd try one of the better vga coolers out there to see how far you can take your card.

Ramine

well to start with, just wondering, your card stock vaules should be 500/297, unless its a cut down XT, also u could try getting 580/345, which i do, and it is extremly stable, however as sersalpha says, a proper cooling system would be essential for the higher speeds

I just modded me case, so i have a 120mm fan blowing onto the card, should do the trick with modded ram sinks!

Ramine

N

nick_t

those are great results but you can please translate them into the fps you get in certain games, the ati tool cube test, or benchmarks? Thx. I also have a radeon 9600 xt 256 mb. I get a measly 100 fps on the cube test (default view, latest drivers, smartgart write fast is off, p4 2.4 GHz, 512 RAM).

P.S. Can I o/c my video card to the standard of the lowest 9800?

Ramine

MooCow said:
my 9600xt goes to 585/405 no v mods or ramsinks

your ram is pretty high, ive never seen it that uch overclocked, most ive seen is 365,a nd that was with like massive ramsinks!

Ramine