• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BD PROCHOT on both CPU and GPU

LowLight

Hello, i have a Lenovo L340-15IRH (i5-9300H, GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, 512SSD), undervolted CPU. Having issues while gaming, especially PUBG (seems like freezing for a second than go back to normal). So in ThrottleStop it was Thermal limit and BD PROCHOT on both CPU and GPU. You will find my settings and a log file in attached. Can anyone reccomend some actions?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    62 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.png
    3.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 4.png
    4.png
    19 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.png
    5.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 45
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    36.8 KB · Views: 48
  • 2024-04-05.txt
    368.6 KB · Views: 22

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Try clearing the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop. That type of throttling is excessive.

Clean inside your laptop if you have not done so recently.

LowLight

Try clearing the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen of ThrottleStop. That type of throttling is excessive.

Clean inside your laptop if you have not done so recently.
Cleaned it recently, gonna try unchecking the box, will write back.

UPD. Ok it helped but temperature is up to 100°C, I don't think it's really healthy for CPU

unclewebb

Did you replace the thermal paste? Poor cooling is the problem. Try using Honeywell PTM 7950.

Any temperature under 100C is a safe operating temperature. That is why Intel sets the thermal throttling temperature to 100C.

LowLight

Did you replace the thermal paste? Poor cooling is the problem. Try using Honeywell PTM 7950.

Any temperature under 100C is a safe operating temperature. That is why Intel sets the thermal throttling temperature to 100C.
Replaced it like a month ago with MX-4, could it be an issue?

unclewebb

Everyone I help with cooling problems seems to be using MX-4. It is a popular thermal paste with very poor results when applied direct die to mobile CPUs. It can start to fail within a week. Order some Honeywell PTM 7950 and you will have much better long term results.

LowLight

Everyone I help with cooling problems seems to be using MX-4. It is a popular thermal paste with very poor results when applied direct die to mobile CPUs. It can start to fail within a week. Order some Honeywell PTM 7950 and you will have much better long term results.
Will try, many thanks.

waldszy

HI, I have the same problem with bd prochot. My CPU has a 15 degree difference between cores. Is there any way to fix this? I can't find how I can set frequency/power limits for each core?

unclewebb

Is there any way to fix this?
Did you try following any of the advice that was already posted?

I can't find how I can set frequency/power limits for each core?
I am not sure what CPU you have but for most Intel CPUs, you cannot set frequency or power limits for individual cores.

A 15°C difference between two equally loaded cores is usually a sign that the thermal paste has failed. Clean out your computer and replace the thermal paste with Honeywell PTM 7950.