• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bluetooth driver failing to install 7z?

invooooo

Hey all,

just built my new pc and installing drivers. Got the realtek LAN, realtek WIFI and realtek Bluetooth drivers from https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B650-AORUS-ELITE-AX-rev-12/support#support-dl-driver and installed in that order.

But I can't install the Bluetooth driver, it keeps throwing up the Program Compatibility Assistant saying 7z Setup SFX might not have installed correctly (see attached screenshot).

I don't understand why this is happening and not sure what to do, any ideas? I tried "Install using compatibility settings", and after it asked me wether it installed correctly now I could not find the driver under Programs and features, and the driver of "Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)" in Device Manager says its a Microsoft driver, so that didnt work.

Executing the driver .exe file again gives the same error.

Any input much appreciated :p

In case anyone cares or comes across this, my dumbass finally tried restarting and then executing the exe with admin permissions, and it worked :p

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 20