• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Cross flashing a770?

hellokaka

Hello, my English is not good, this is using translation software!

My graphics card is Gunnir Photon A770 16G, with a graphics memory frequency of only 2000Hz. However, there is a Gunnir Flux A770 with a graphics memory frequency of 2186Hz. Is there a way to have the photo flash into Flux's VBiOS to increase the graphics memory frequency? Because it is from the same manufacturer, it should be possible, right?

Attachments

• ARC Flash log 04-05-2024.txt
    880 bytes · Views: 14

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Philips Evnia 49M2C8900
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Hm I dont have two different versions of the same card to test.

The tool uses the force -f feature to get around flashing firmware and oprom files of the same version or to downgrade.

There is no feature to bypass the OEM check. The intel FW API is pretty robust so it shouldn't damage anything if you decide to attempt it. It most cases it will just fail. I have not personally tried though.

In this case it is the oprom not the firmware that will make the difference in your clock rates.

I have attempted to flash a310 oproms from different manufacturers to one of my sparkle a310s and it did fail.

However; you may be able to get a physical dump from a card and cross flash that way using a programmer. Unfortuentely none of my current cards are cross manufactuer. My duplicate cards like my A380s are sisters in that they are the exact same card.

Last edited:

hellokaka

As you said, there's really no way to bypass it. Thank you again
Hm I dont have two different versions of the same card to test.

The tool uses the force -f feature to get around flashing firmware and oprom files of the same version.

There is no feature to bypass the OEM check. The intel FW API is pretty robust so it shouldn't damage anything if you decide to attempt it. It most cases it will just fail. I have not personally tried though.

In this case it is the oprom not the firmware that will make the difference in your clock rates.

I have attempted to flash a310 oproms from different manufacturers to one of my sparkle a310s and it did fail.

However; you may be able to get a physical dump from a card and cross flash that way using a programmer. Unfortuentely none of my current cards are cross manufactuer. My duplicate cards like my A380s are sisters in that they are the exact same card.
As you said, there's really no way to bypass it. Thank you again