• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

headphones/speakers surround sound processing

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
iv been obsessed with surround sound sense i first read the words as a kid on my wii fast forward and now i have a full 5.1 audio system with a pretty decent gameing laptop i got bitstreaming over usb working for full 5.1 but i have to ask i use both 5.1 and dolby atmos for headphones but what do you guys feel is the best of the best dts? dolby? dtsx or dtsultra if u have any soultion useing headphones post it down below i want to translate mixes from my 5.1 to my headphones and while dolby atmos for headphones works well in windows i want to see what elts is out thare and if dolby atmos for headphones really is the best fit for me

I have used and enjoyed Dolby 4 headphones but often I ended up using Realtek's spatialization or some HRIR from Hesuvi. Try all of them and pick the one sounds better for you as sound perception is very personal thing

I used to use Hesuvi but I found it too annoying to work in with my EQ profile so I gave up and just used the free DTS headphone:X so I can keep my EQ.

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
both awesome reccomendations however i am looking for somethang easy to use i do have apo drivers with dolby home theater v4 it comes with headphone virualzation and i think is the same thang @Lucky8 speaks of however i use dolby digital plus home theater for my 5.1 system so i might try that surround virutal stuff i use atmos for headphones due to how easy it is to hook to the device again both solid for anyone elts reading this one day just not for me thank you guys so much tho :)

both awesome reccomendations however i am looking for somethang easy to use i do have apo drivers with dolby home theater v4 it comes with headphone virualzation and i think is the same thang @Lucky8 speaks of however i use dolby digital plus home theater for my 5.1 system so i might try that surround virutal stuff i use atmos for headphones due to how easy it is to hook to the device again both solid for anyone elts reading this one day just not for me thank you guys so much tho :)
try to include links if someone googles some keywords this thred well show up and maybe help theme :)