• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BossXPRO

A few days ago my friend bought a at 9800se and installed it on his computer then started overclocking for his first time. He was doing some crazy over clocking with his 300 watt power supply to the point he started upin the Voltages on his cpu from 1.4 to 1.6 and then after 5 hours of gaming he turned off his computer and was unable to turn it on the next day. When I switched on his power supply his motherboard light cuts on but when I smack the power buttion the computer doesn't cut on. I think he blow the powersupply more then I think he blow the motherboard. What do You GUYS THINK ????? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

His Specs:
P4 2.66 @ 3.32
Ati powercolor radeon 128 bit
1 hard drive 1 cd rom rw and a crap load of fans ( about 7 i think )
Soyo motherboard

I need to check for the rest of his specs

C&C Freak 2K

Please make your topic title clearer.

As for your problem, it's happened to be, but in a different situation. The lights all came on but none of the fans were on. I think it's probably a PSU problem. Just in case, however, I'd recommend you swap out the motherboard and PSU and test each individually.

Slayerstaps

What the....?!?!?! another one.........
Plz make your topic title more clear..put some of your problem in it so that people kno what's wrong before even opening the thread....This was the last time i told this another thread like this will be locked immediatly...

sucks to type the same thing twice......

B

BossXPRO

Sorry about not be clear on the topic, but it the moment I kinda panic big time. But after I cooled off for a sec I took another motherboard and relized that I didn't even look at the JP5( jumper switch that clears the bios) for the motherboard. So I tried jumping the motherboard a few times by moving the clip for the pins back and forward a few times and BOOM ! The bios was cleared and everything was as fine as a summer day surrounded by fine chicks on the beach. :) P.S. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry about not being clear on the topic. Any other time I made a post I was clear idk I just panic at the moment, sorry won't happen again.

Slayerstaps

Then consider this locked now....(still same topic title...)

Status
Not open for further replies.