• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

IDrive Online Backup Launches IDrive One, a Fast Wireless SSD Storage Device

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
IDrive Online Backup has launched IDrive One, a wireless storage drive that boasts advanced wireless connectivity and streaming capabilities along with the option for internal SSD drives for improved performance. IDrive One works with the IDrive One app, which is available for iOS and Android allowing users to automatically transfer their videos, photos and music while creating a custom media library, where users can stream their content to a number of multiple devices.

IDrive One is available now with the following options: 1TB or 128GB SSD for $99.99 and 2TB or 256GB SSD for $149.99, each drives comes with 1TB of IDrive cloud backup for free for one year.

IDrive One offers a host of features that makes it one of the most innovative storage devices around as it does three great things in one device:
  • Creating a wireless base station comes with ease as IDrive One comes with 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac that enables faster connectivity at a range of up to 150 feet while maintaining backwards compatibility with devices geared toward older B/G/N wireless standards. Along with beam forming technology to target connected devices, IDrive One can extend your router with fast Wi-Fi and provide fast access.
  • Extending Mobile storage enables users to say goodbye to mobile storage limits, as users can easily view/play their files within the Wi-Fi range. Photos, videos and music can be stored and streamed to all of your devices.
  • Fast local backups and restores for PC, Mac and mobile devices are possible with IDrive One, along with security as all files are protected with 256-bit encryption along with optional private key for the ultimate layer of protection.
For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

SSD: Renowned the world over for its blistering speed.
Wi-Fi: Renowned the world over for being slow/laggy, bottlenecking HDD NAS systems.

What a combination :p

System Name Games/internet/usage
Processor I7 5820k 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS X99-A2
Cooling custom water loop for cpu and gpu
Memory 16GiB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) Radeon Rx 6800 XT
Storage Samsung XP941 500 GB + 1 TB SSD
Display(s) Dell 3008WFP
Case Caselabs Magnum M8
Audio Device(s) Shiit Modi 2 Uber -> Matrix m-stage -> HD650
Power Supply beQuiet dark power pro 1200W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Win 10 Pro
SSD: Renowned the world over for its blistering speed.
Wi-Fi: Renowned the world over for being slow/laggy, bottlenecking HDD NAS systems.

What a combination :p

SSDs are also lighter, more shuck resistant and more efficient then a HDD, all things that are nice in a small, portable nas.

Brian Simmons

I've been looking at some of the features offered by iDrive as an online backup:

https://www.idrive.com/online-backup-features
http://www.cloudstorageboss.com/idrive-review/

I'm not seeing anything about this new hardware. Is it not part of the online backup service.... like something completely different?

Also - is iDrive the best online backup choice for a normal every day user? I consider myself a power user on Windows... but I don't do any coding, heavy gaming, or graphics. Will it be enough for my needs?