• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

im new to throttelstop and i think i messed it up by copying others any hints would be very much aprreciated

pilot

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_8.png

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Disable VBS. Follow the link in my signature, reboot and delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file. Post an updated FIVR screenshot after that.

pilot

Screenshot_1.png
z

I want to include that I only have 2x4gb of ram and a 1660ti mobile thought undervolting would help ingame

unclewebb

Now that VBS is disabled have you tried undervolting? A negative offset for the cache of about -100 mV to -125 mV should be stable. About -175 mV or so for the core should be OK.

Set IccMax for both the core and the cache to the max, 255.75.

Set Power Limit 4 in the TPL window to a value of 0.

Run and attach a log file while playing a game for about 15 minutes.

pilot

Now that VBS is disabled have you tried undervolting? A negative offset for the cache of about -100 mV to -125 mV should be stable. About -175 mV or so for the core should be OK.

run and attach a log file ?

Run and attach a log file while playing a game for about 15 min
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_6.png

I mannaged to not crash with these settings does everything look right to you ?

Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_8.png

this is ingame

unclewebb

On the main screen of ThrottleStop check the Log File box. Play a game for 15 minutes, exit the game and then exit ThrottleStop. Look in the ThrottleStop / Logs folder for your log file. Attach that to your next post.

What undervolt settings are you using?

Your screenshot shows THERMAL throttling lighting up red under the CORE column. Your computer is running at less than 40% of its rated speed because it is too hot. You need to open up your laptop and clean out the heatsinks. Blow out any dust. If that does not significantly reduce your CPU temperatures, replace the thermal paste with Honeywell PTM 7950.

A CPU that is running at 92°C at only 10.5 Watts of power consumption definitely has a cooling problem.

1714149812306.png

pilot

On the main screen of ThrottleStop check the Log File box. Play a game for 15 minutes, exit the game and then exit ThrottleStop. Look in the ThrottleStop / Logs folder for your log file. Attach that to your next post.

What undervolt settings are you using?

Your screenshot shows THERMAL throttling lighting up red under the CORE column. Your computer is running at less than 40% of its rated speed because it is too hot. You need to open up your laptop and clean out the heatsinks. Blow out any dust. If that does not significantly reduce your CPU temperatures, replace the thermal paste with Honeywell PTM 7950.

A CPU that is running at 92°C at only 10.5 Watts of power consumption definitely has a cooling problem.

View attachment 345233
the undervolting I did I sent in the first pics