• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

LG C2 screen take time to turn on

rav32nz

My TV is one year and half old and now whenever i turn the tv, the screen takes like a minutes to turn on. After it does, the tv works normally. Is this a power board issue or software issue? please advise.

wolf

Performance Enthusiast
System Name MightyX
Processor Ryzen 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Aorus Pro WiFi
Cooling Scythe Fuma 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3600 CL16
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX3080 Deshrouded
Storage WD Black SN850X 2TB
Display(s) LG 42C2 4K OLED
Case Coolermaster NR200P
Audio Device(s) LG SN5Y / Focal Clear
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RBG Pro SE
Keyboard Glorious GMMK Compact w/pudding
VR HMD Meta Quest 3
Software case populated with Artic P12's
Benchmark Scores 4k120 OLED Gsync bliss
Is it still be under warranty?, I'd be contact LG or point of sale to see, but they may be dismissive if it still works after the wait.

Is it possible you changed a setting of some kind so that it does some checks, updates, OLED care stuff at start up?

I bought the 42" C2 at launch and it works like it did day 1, so still turns on and displays input very quickly, like a few seconds.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
My TV is one year and half old and now whenever i turn the tv, the screen takes like a minutes to turn on. After it does, the tv works normally. Is this a power board issue or software issue? please advise.
How do you power it off? If you're using the power button to switch off it should actually be in standby. If you're hard cutting the power to the TV then:
- startup will be extended,
- you're killing your OLED screen by not letting it run compensation cycles in after power off.

rav32nz

Is it still be under warranty?, I'd be contact LG or point of sale to see, but they may be dismissive if it still works after the wait.

Is it possible you changed a setting of some kind so that it does some checks, updates, OLED care stuff at start up?

I bought the 42" C2 at launch and it works like it did day 1, so still turns on and displays input very quickly, like a few seconds.
no warranty anymore as i have been using it for a year and half now and no setting has been changed. I suspect it is the power board or software glitch. i don't know honestly

How do you power it off? If you're using the power button to switch off it should actually be in standby. If you're hard cutting the power to the TV then:
- startup will be extended,
- you're killing your OLED screen by not letting it run compensation cycles in after power off.
i trun it off by remote normally and it is plugged into socket all the time. this issue suddenly start to happen and it is now eveytime i turn it on with the remote.