• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need BIOS for Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT

JSnake Repair

I have 5700XT with a mining BIOS (from someone else), and I need to flash it back. I see a lot of options but I noticed that my device ID ends in E410...and all of the options on here end in E409. I see there is an unverified option, but naturally...I don't know if that's a great idea.

Interestingly, my card has a 3-position BIOS switch but they all have the same modified BIOS. I figured one of them would have been stock, but not so.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
Can you make a clear picture of the graphics card of both sides? Bottom side should include a label which list the part number.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
The following bioses seems to be the correct bioses for your card

Performance bios:

Silent bios:
1702770201578.png

JSnake Repair

The following bioses seems to be the correct bioses for your card

Performance bios:

Silent bios:
View attachment 325661
TLDR: QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM.

Now things are becoming much clearer. I have flashed the BIOS chips with a CH341A Programmer and, lo and behold, here are the results:

Performance BIOS: Nothing has changed
Silent BIOS: Nothing has changed

Additionally, the 2 BIOS's are identical except for their VBIOS version where

Performance = 017.001.000.049.000000
Silent = 017.001.000.068.000000

You will notice that these are flip-flopped based upon the links provided. That's because I couldn't tell which PUYA VBIOS Chip corresponded to which BIOS mode. This is a simple enough fix and is not the issue.

the ISSUE is the 3 main GPU values are unchanged from the mining spec:

GPU Clock: 1905MHz
Memory: 1750MHz
Boost: 2010MHz

This does NOT match the BIOS files provided on here. Moreover I am beginning to suspect 'unverified' means the values shown on these pages might be stock and meaningless.

Scrolling to the bottom of the Silent BIOS page has a footnote that reads "Sapphire, Sappphire Radeon RX Nitro Plus, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, (1815 / 1750)" That's curious because this is what I was getting before. You'll notice that these 2 pictures have the SAME VBIOS version...this is because I had the BIOS Switch Positions confused and thought Software Switch (position 3) was actually Performance (position 1). Regardless, there's THOSE numbers. As for why the BIOS's don't have them now is unknown

Scrolling to the bottom of the Performance BIOS page has a footnote that reads "Sapphire, RX 5700 XT Nitro+, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, (1905 / 1750)". Sure enough, those are the values being picked up by GPU-Z now.

Is it safe to say the BIOS files on here that match my device ID are garbage mining BIOS's as well? Is device ID that important? Can I just use a verified file (like one of these Nitro+ Non-Special Edition) on here with a slightly different device ID?

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
TLDR: QUESTIONS AT THE BOTTOM.

Now things are becoming much clearer. I have flashed the BIOS chips with a CH341A Programmer and, lo and behold, here are the results:

Performance BIOS: Nothing has changed
Silent BIOS: Nothing has changed

Additionally, the 2 BIOS's are identical except for their VBIOS version where

Performance = 017.001.000.049.000000
Silent = 017.001.000.068.000000

You will notice that these are flip-flopped based upon the links provided. That's because I couldn't tell which PUYA VBIOS Chip corresponded to which BIOS mode. This is a simple enough fix and is not the issue.

the ISSUE is the 3 main GPU values are unchanged from the mining spec:

GPU Clock: 1905MHz
Memory: 1750MHz
Boost: 2010MHz

This does NOT match the BIOS files provided on here. Moreover I am beginning to suspect 'unverified' means the values shown on these pages might be stock and meaningless.

Scrolling to the bottom of the Silent BIOS page has a footnote that reads "Sapphire, Sappphire Radeon RX Nitro Plus, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, (1815 / 1750)" That's curious because this is what I was getting before. You'll notice that these 2 pictures have the SAME VBIOS version...this is because I had the BIOS Switch Positions confused and thought Software Switch (position 3) was actually Performance (position 1). Regardless, there's THOSE numbers. As for why the BIOS's don't have them now is unknown

Scrolling to the bottom of the Performance BIOS page has a footnote that reads "Sapphire, RX 5700 XT Nitro+, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, (1905 / 1750)". Sure enough, those are the values being picked up by GPU-Z now.

Is it safe to say the BIOS files on here that match my device ID are garbage mining BIOS's as well? Is device ID that important? Can I just use a verified file (like one of these Nitro+ Non-Special Edition) on here with a slightly different device ID?
E410 is the bios which is based on your PCB. If you flash a E409 bios you will using a bios which is not dessigned for your PCB.
Version numbers doesn't say much, you need to look at the build date of the bios.

The silent bios has lower fan speed, higher temperature target and lower power limit.
The performance bios has higher fan speed, lower temperature target and higher power limit.

Are you able to install the graphics card driver without "AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher"?

JSnake Repair

E410 is the bios which is based on your PCB. If you flash a E409 bios you will using a bios which is not dessigned for your PCB.
Version numbers doesn't say much, you need to look at the build date of the bios.

The silent bios has lower fan speed, higher temperature target and lower power limit.
The performance bios has higher fan speed, lower temperature target and higher power limit.

Are you able to install the graphics card driver without "AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher"?
So I have installed the latest AMD driver (Adrenaline 23.12.1) and am running video through the card. I ran a FurMark benchmark and it passed.

So what now? This Graphics Card is going to a friend and it needs to be super stable before then...how can I verify that the BIOS(s) on the card are known good and not tampered?

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
So I have installed the latest AMD driver (Adrenaline 23.12.1) and am running video through the card. I ran a FurMark benchmark and it passed.

So what now? This Graphics Card is going to a friend and it needs to be super stable before then...how can I verify that the BIOS(s) on the card are known good and not tampered?
When a bios is tempered you must use "AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher" to bypass the bios signature check.
In short you confirmed that you are able to install without that tool so the bios signature is valid.

To be sure the card is 100% stable, you need to use it for a couple of days. You can adjust the fan speed to run at lower speed with Adrenaline to be sure the card will be stable when it is running hotter.

JSnake Repair

When a bios is tempered you must use "AMD/ATI Pixel Clock Patcher" to bypass the bios signature check.
In short you confirmed that you are able to install without that tool so the bios signature is valid.

To be sure the card is 100% stable, you need to use it for a couple of days. You can adjust the fan speed to run at lower speed with Adrenaline to be sure the card will be stable when it is running hotter.
Thanks again for all your help and insight. Card is working well...with the BIOS switch positions inverted is all.