• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RTX 2080 Ti Heater

ActivePrime

Hello, I have a small rig that contains 1x 5700xt, 2x 5600xt and rx 580 and they are mining fine without emitting too much heat running 24/7. When I installed RTX 2080TI to my rig far away from my other cards it was emitting too much heat, when I take my hand closer it's feels like a heater. Also if i am sitting near to it I feel headache due to the heat. I tried different overclock settings to make it cooler but no changes.
I haven't used Nvidia cards before and I don't know how they behave. The GPU does not have any problems and I stress tested on FurMark for 30 minutes. The GPU is In very good condition and it's EVGA Triple Fan. Turning on AC is not a problem but the weather is pleasant here and because of this single GPU I don't want to be cold all the time. My other GPUs are not producing any heat.

If there is a way to fix the heat problem then I can buy this GPU. I bought all other GPU in used condition as well but I haven't changed any thermal pasting or pads In past three years. All of my other gpu's are working in 30% fan speed for this I cranked up to 70% but I felt more noise only.

Thank you!

System Name MPG
Processor i3-10105F
Motherboard Z490 Gaming Plus (MS-7C75)
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced
Memory GSkill RipJawsV 32Gb 3200
Video Card(s) GTX1060 6Gb AERO ITX OC
Storage NVMW WD Black SN750 Samsung EVO 840 SSD and Mechanical TBs...
Display(s) Asus VS278Q
Case CM HAF-X
Audio Device(s) ALC1200 Yamaha AV Creative DTT2200
Power Supply Corsair RM-1000
Mouse SteelSeries Rival
Keyboard MS Sidewinder X6
Software Windows 10/11

ActivePrime

ActivePrime

We haven’t reached to any conclusions where I can decide either I want to buy or not. I know it consumes more power so technically it would be pro producing more heat. My 5700xt also a bigger card but it does not produce any heat at all.