• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[SOLVED] ThrottleStop 9.6 stopped working on i7 13650hx

KORD_12.7

Hi, i have ROG Strix G16 (2023), ThrottleStop worked fine until now, today i noticed that "adjustable voltage" does not work. Also "BD_PROCHOT" is grey out. No Windows updates and no bios updates was installed, bios settings also fine, ThrottleStop just don't want to work, all settings from FIVR not applying to my i7 13650hx (also some strange turbo ratios when i select button "defaults"). I tried to reinstall ThrottleStop, but nothing. Pls help.

UPDATE
VBS was enabled (but how?), following the advice in the link in unclewebb's signature fixed my problem.

123.jpg
456.png

Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
VBS was enabled (but how?)
I believe some Windows Updates will automatically turn on core isolation memory integrity without asking for user permission to do so. Microsoft knows what is best for your computer. Either that or you tried to use some feature that requires VBS to be enabled. Enabling WSL2 will prevent most items in the FIVR window from working correctly.

I just started using Windows 11 for the first time a week or two ago. If I ever get around to installing Windows 11 on a computer I own, maybe I will add some warning messages to ThrottleStop so it is obvious when Microsoft has taken over control. I avoid making changes to ThrottleStop when I do not have a computer readily available for testing purposes.

CptOzdal

Hello @KORD_12.7 ,

I couldn't find anything related to this cpu in TS. Can you share you TS settings with me please?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I couldn't find anything related to this cpu in TS.
What were you hoping to find?

Post some screenshots if you need help. A 13650HX processor is like every other processor. Adjust the P core and the P cache voltage. If you are stable great, you can try going further. If you are not stable, your CPU needs more voltage. Start testing at -75 mV or -100 mV. What voltage is right for someone else's CPU does not matter. You still need to test your own CPU for stability when undervolting.