• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Warhawk Clubhouse

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
I own warhawk, and 2 PS3s, and 2 copies of motorstorm. I'm not yet going to join the PS3 club because I also own a 360, and so far from my experience, there's absolutely no point in buying multi-platform games for the PS3 if you own a 360 as well. There's no exclusive game worth buying a PS3 for right now. I'm waiting for Final Fantasy XIII, then maybe I will join the clubhouse. unfortunately FF13 is the only know upcoming PS3 game that I am looking forward to. I just hope sony will make another awesome game like Shadow of the Colossus.
There's a very big reason to buy cross-platform games on ps3 - free online play.

Fuck paying to play online when I can do it for free on my ps3. I have both consoles as well, but I'll never in my life buy XBL Gold.

That's my only gripe with 360 tho.

And you can join both clubhouses. I did.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
I own warhawk, and 2 PS3s, and 2 copies of motorstorm. I'm not yet going to join the PS3 club because I also own a 360, and so far from my experience, there's absolutely no point in buying multi-platform games for the PS3 if you own a 360 as well. There's no exclusive game worth buying a PS3 for right now. I'm waiting for Final Fantasy XIII, then maybe I will join the clubhouse. unfortunately FF13 is the only know upcoming PS3 game that I am looking forward to. I just hope sony will make another awesome game like Shadow of the Colossus.

Lol, plenty of good Sony exclusives. You have 2 Blu-ray players and a HD-DVD player. Either you love wasting your money, or you just are such a HD-DVD fanboy that you have to buy one. Or you're completely lieing. No offense. :laugh:

Last edited:

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB Corsair 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Storage 300GB 7.2kRPM Seagate for OS; 74GB 10kRPM WD for Games
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
There's a very big reason to buy cross-platform games on ps3 - free online play.

Fuck paying to play online when I can do it for free on my ps3. I have both consoles as well, but I'll never in my life buy XBL Gold.
LoL. But, what about the people who have already payed for XBL and own both platforms? XBL is so much more organized than PSN. Also, almost every XBL player uses their mic. Teamwork, and team play is much better on XBL than PS3 because the communication is superb. If you don't have a mic on the ps3, you can't even really chat like you can on PC games.

Lol, plenty of good Sony exclusives. You have 2 Blu-ray players and a HD-DVD player. Either you love wasting your money, or you just are such a HD-DVD fanboy that you have to buy one. Or you're completely lieing. No offense. :laugh:
First of all, I am an HD DVD fanboy. If there's a dual platform BD or HD DVD, I would buy the HD DVD. I think it's because I had my HD DVD player before the PS3 was released - I can't remember, sentimental value - plus, I usually root for the underdog. Unfortunately for Toshiba, my BD stack is about as high as my HD DVD stack. Too many good movies on BD that I can't get for HD DVD.

As far as games, I have owned several PS3 exclusives - and sold all of them on ebay, besides motorstorm.

System Name AM5
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard Asrock X670E Taichi
Cooling EK AIO Basic 360
Memory Corsair Vengeance DDR5 5600 64 Gb - XMP1 Profile
Video Card(s) AMD Reference 7900 XTX 24 Gb
Storage Samsung Gen 4 980 1 TB / Samsung 8TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung 34" 240hz 4K
Case Fractal Define R7
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME PX-1300, 1300W 80+ Platinum, Full Modular
LoL. But, what about the people who have already payed for XBL and own both platforms? XBL is so much more organized than PSN. Also, almost every XBL player uses their mic. Teamwork, and team play is much better on XBL than PS3 because the communication is superb. If you don't have a mic on the ps3, you can't even really chat like you can on PC games.

First of all, I am an HD DVD fanboy. If there's a dual platform BD or HD DVD, I would buy the HD DVD. I think it's because I had my HD DVD player before the PS3 was released - I can't remember, sentimental value - plus, I usually root for the underdog. Unfortunately for Toshiba, my BD stack is about as high as my HD DVD stack. Too many good movies on BD that I can't get for HD DVD.

As far as games, I have owned several PS3 exclusives - and sold all of them on ebay, besides motorstorm.

Toshiba isn't the underdog lol...Toshiba has had DVD market and VHS market control for a LONG, long time.

Dangle

System Name Vista
Processor Q6600
Memory 2GB Corsair 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2900XT
Storage 300GB 7.2kRPM Seagate for OS; 74GB 10kRPM WD for Games
Audio Device(s) XFi
Power Supply 750W
They are the underdog as far as HD optical media is concerned. However, I recognize that Blu Ray is a better format. Sony just pissed me off by turning the new James Bond movie into a 2 hour Sony ad.