• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's WCG/BOINC Team

System Name Windows
Processor 13900K | 7950X3D
Motherboard Pro Z790-A WiFi | X670 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15s | Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB 6600 CL32 | 64GB 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 | RX 7900 XTX
Display(s) MSI MAG401QR
Case Phanteks P600s | Antec P101s
Power Supply Vertex GX-1000 | Prime TX-850
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores They suck.
Why Ada? Just pop an old midrange Pascal in there and get crackin'! :rockout:

As for me, I'm a secret member here, as I use BOINC for Einstein@Home, which doesn't register as folding or crunching on TPU, but that's fine. :oops:

We do have a TPU team there, though.
Mainly for the efficiency. Because power, and now cooling that it's summer, is expensive here, I want to maximize the work units done per watt. Sounds silly, but it's one of the things I enjoy about crunching/folding. I've done both in the past, but I took a break for a while.

I'll have to look into Einstein@home, I've seen the name but don't know what type of research they're doing.

*edit*

lol. I guess it's not technically summer here, but it's been over 90F (33C) here this week, and it's just getting started. Almost time to need the AC to keep it at/under 78F/26C in the house.

Last edited:
System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Mainly for the efficiency. Because power, and now cooling that it's summer, is expensive here, I want to maximize the work units done per watt. Sounds silly, but it's one of the things I enjoy about crunching/folding. I've done both in the past, but I took a break for a while.

I'll have to look into Einstein@home, I've seen the name but don't know what type of research they're doing.

*edit*

lol. I guess it's not technically summer here, but it's been over 90F (33C) here this week, and it's just getting started. Almost time to need the AC to keep it at/under 78F/26C in the house.
Here. :) I've also used Milkyway@Home and Universe@Home in the past, but they only have CPU WUs, that's why I switched. Universe@Home doesn't even have a TPU team, unfortunately.

33 °C in May is hot! :eek: Here, in the middle of England, it's been about 5-10 °C cold and cloudy until about a week or so ago, so personally, I've never missed some sunny warmth so much.