• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Undervolting only

spacecat

Do the FIVR settings (undervolting) still apply if the turn on/off button at the bottom of the left main window is set to off and the tray icon is green? Also, is throttlestop more intended for increasing performance running on laptop battery? When I run throttlestop plugged into AC I keep over heating and crashing even with a high speed shift EPP.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Do the FIVR settings (undervolting) still apply if the turn on/off button at the bottom of the left main window is set to off and the tray icon is green?
Did you try testing this to find out? Look at the FIVR monitoring table. It shows what voltages your CPU is presently using. Press the Turn On button and check the voltages. Press the Turn Off button and check the voltages again. That should answer your question.

is throttlestop more intended for increasing performance running on laptop battery?
ThrottleStop is whatever you want it to be. What ThrottleStop does to your CPU depends on what settings you are using.

When I run ThrottleStop plugged into AC I keep over heating and crashing even with a high speed shift EPP
If you have a cooling problem you need to fix that. Have you ever cleaned out your laptop? Have you ever replaced the thermal paste? What are your voltage and power limit settings? If you have questions about ThrottleStop, post some pictures including the FIVR and TPL windows so I do not have to ask 101 questions.

spacecat

I should have included the following in the post to begin with. My bad.

I'm running a Lenovo ThinkPad X390 (i5-8265U) with integrated GPU (Intel UHD Graphics 620) Model: 20Q1S3PV00. Amazon renewed (refurbished).

These are my BIOS power settings. Could these settings interfere with ThrottleStop?

FIVR Settings (CPU core/cache offset -89.8 mV) and (Intel GPU and iGPU Unslice offset -40 mV).

TPL Settings

Options window:

ThrottleStop main window settings and stress test results:

Windows 10 advanced power settings (CPU):

Also quick question: Do I need to restart my PC after any specific values in ThrottleStop change?