• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Well, well.... I didn't realise but its been 5 years since reporting for the WCG and FAH Teams!!

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I thought the other night whilst I was doing some reports for the WCG, FAH and Rosetta updates, how long had I been doing this! Turns out my first post was the 15th July 2018! :eek:

So that's a little over 5 years of reporting the stats and such and I've been wondering of late about trying to pass it over to someone else as a few times I've been thinking that I've not put in as much effort or anything as I could have and the times I've been updating up to 4 or 5 days at a time, I was wondering if I needed to start looking for another to pass the torch to..

I've been finding it a little hard at times and what with the frustrations with WCG not working so well since the switch and Rosetta sometimes being a pain as well, FAH seems to be the only thing that's actually working well for most of our members that contribute on a daily basis... Whilst I understand that's out of my hands I do feel for everyone including myself who has been having those sorts of feelings that when will it ever just work! :(

So this is kind of a way for me to say that I'm going to still contribute to the team whatever happens, that's not going to change but I do think its time for me to place the Captain's hat and badge with someone else, so I'm looking out for someone who would like to take this one on....
I'm going to try and get to condense what I actually collect for data, boincstats.com has become a pain with ad's all over the place so I'm considering to not bother collecting from there at all. I think the data that I do collect from there isn't so important or needed as its mainly just for me, I can do without it :)
Also the other issue is that Sophia is coming up to going to school soon and I'd like to be able to give her some more attention as the stats etc. can take up nearly an hour of my day, every day, so I'd like to see if someone could take it on..

I have had a great time doing it that's without a doubt, I have wished though that I'd have been more able to offer up some great prizes and such but that's never seemed to happen with sadly wages and everything becoming so damn expensive... I mean £1000 to £1500 or even up to £2000 for a GPU is just utterly crazy as hell and quite honestly I just don't think I could pay that much out, if only I could win the lottery for everyone who contributes to our team regularly...

I also wished to get some feedback about it, I'd like to know what people have thought about the last 5 years and so on, just so I can say to someone, try this, do this, this works but don't do that and so on...
Still, on that bombshell, its time I do a few updates on some of our threads, since Sophia has gone to sleep, its the perfect time! :D Take care everyone! And most importantly of all, thank you all for being such a great member for contributing and helping out with our teams :)

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Wow, it really doesn't seem like it's been that long. :eek:

You're frigging awesome bro!!!!!! :respect::respect::respect::respect::respect:

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Philly you're my favorite kind of cheese steak. :love:

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
It's surprising how time flies...

I really could do with a break from it but I think I'd love someone to take it over from me. I'll mention it to the mods and such too because at the moment I'm a little all over the place and that sucks for me not being as involved as I'd like to with the team and the forum. It's a great place here and more to the point, I've really got to sort out my photos and my project thread as that's missing updates like you wouldn't believe!! :laugh:

If anyone would like to come take it over, just let me know :)

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Iunno sir, it takes someone with a good heart and dedication like you, Norton, Bogmali, etc to keep up with BOINC stats daily.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well I hope I've a good heart and more so I hope I'm doing the right things but I still feel like I'm not! :laugh:

But thank you for the compliment :)

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Has anyone been thinking about stepping up and doing the stats for the TPU team? Anyone interested in it at all? Please let me know!! I do feel I'm not around enough which was not part of the plan!!

System Name Main/DC
Processor i7-3770K/i7-2600K
Motherboard MSI Z77A-GD55/GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14CS/H80
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2 x 8GB) LP /4GB Kingston DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 660 Ti/MSI HD7770
Storage Crucial MX100 256GB/120GB Samsung 830 & Seagate 2TB(died)
Display(s) Asus 24' LED/Samsung SyncMaster B1940
Case P100/Antec P280 It's huge!
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply SeaSonic SS-660XP2/Seasonic SS-760XP2
Software Win 7 Home Premiun 64 Bit
Much too long.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
It's been an honour to be part of it here I will admit @thebluebumblebee but I would love to pass on the torch :) As I don't like leaving things and whilst this is not 'mission critical' information for some, to me it is and I can't just let it go without someone there to take over...
It can take longer times to set things up ready for reporting and such that I do, but sometimes a bit more information is never a bad thing and I hope that I've always tried to get things done, regardless of how long or how long it'll take for me to publish the data, I'll always try to do it for everyone here :)

TPU's Crunching and Folding Family :) :lovetpu: :lovetpu: :cool: :cool: :clap: :clap: :rockout: :rockout: :respect: :respect: :peace::peace:

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
You are awesome Phil, thank you for everything that you do :)

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
You are awesome Phil, thank you for everything that you do :)
Thank you sir :)

I'm not feeling 100% great but I'm going to attempt to get some hardware tested tonight so I can get that posted up and ready for the giveaway :) I still think for some reason, I have some Unreal Tournament 2003 codes to give away... I swear I bought 5 of them... Maybe we can get those in with the hardware I'm going to try and donate.... :) Hopefully more on it later!!