• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX 5700 XT Triple Fan Unreal Temperature

ActivePrime

The cart works perfectly fine but I do not know why it have this issue during the mining on HiveOS ">Autofan: GPU temperature 511 is unreal, driver error". This card does not have any problems, I stress tested it using FurMark. The temperature limit for the minor is 85 degrees Celsius, I changed this limit to 110 just to make it work because I know I'm in a pretty cold environment and my cards are always cold so there is no risk Involved but still the miner keeps restarting and giving me the same error along with GPU 2 is dead (5700xt) and miner keep restarting over and over again. I bought this card 1.5 years ago from a miner mining Ethereum on this and I am not sure if he changed the bios.

Either you can tell me how to fix this error so my card si it mines properly without causing trouble or how to ignore this error so the minor does not restart every time.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
The cart works perfectly fine but I do not know why it have this issue during the mining on HiveOS ">Autofan: GPU temperature 511 is unreal, driver error". This card does not have any problems, I stress tested it using FurMark. The temperature limit for the minor is 85 degrees Celsius, I changed this limit to 110 just to make it work because I know I'm in a pretty cold environment and my cards are always cold so there is no risk Involved but still the miner keeps restarting and giving me the same error along with GPU 2 is dead (5700xt) and miner keep restarting over and over again. I bought this card 1.5 years ago from a miner mining Ethereum on this and I am not sure if he changed the bios.

Either you can tell me how to fix this error so my card si it mines properly without causing trouble or how to ignore this error so the minor does not restart every time.
Did you try to flash the orginal bios and see if the problem is solved? If you need help with locating the orginal bios, please share the vendor part number and memory brand on the graphics card.

ActivePrime

I don’t have the original bios with me because that GPU does not belong to me and I bought it secondhand.

I have taken a few pictures, but that card does not have much details written on it. I only got one sticker on the back.

since I had the problem with this card, I pulled it out from the rig. Since then my is not working and my other cards are also not mining. I flashed Hive OS twice but it seems the problem is not with the OS.

I am attaching some of the screenshots here.

IMG_6566.jpeg
IMG_6567.jpeg

I am getting this error on hive. I changed many miners but it’s still not working and keep giving me this error, including in the screenshot. That error is without 5700 XT so I’m not sure if 5700 XT was the culprit

IMG_6570.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6568.jpeg
    IMG_6568.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6569.jpeg
    IMG_6569.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
I don’t have the original bios with me because that GPU does not belong to me and I bought it secondhand.

I have taken a few pictures, but that card does not have much details written on it. I only got one sticker on the back.

since I had the problem with this card, I pulled it out from the rig. Since then my is not working and my other cards are also not mining. I flashed Hive OS twice but it seems the problem is not with the OS.

I am attaching some of the screenshots here.

View attachment 336153View attachment 336154

I am getting this error on hive. I changed many miners but it’s still not working and keep giving me this error, including in the screenshot. That error is without 5700 XT so I’m not sure if 5700 XT was the culprit

View attachment 336157
The part number listed in the boot message seems to correct. You can try to flash on of the bioses below. Dont forget to make a backup first.

ActivePrime

Thank you for sharing the bios. To install the bios I downloaded atiflash version 2.9.3. from tech power up website and that version does not have the installer and it didn't worked. After installing couple of other versions when I came came back to. 2.9.3 It worked perfectly without any errors but regardless of ati versions I couldn't install the bios to the card and it's giving me the same error every time for every version included in the screenshot.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 043750.png

I was getting this error before because 2.9 .3 does not have the installer after installing some of the latest versions that are a disappears.

None of the versions worked for me. However, I haven't tried flashing through hiveos and I am using the windows for that. Please see the image below of the error I'm getting when I am flashing both bios on all ATI Windows versions.

Screenshot 2024-02-26 042950.png

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Did you raise the temperature limit on Edge Temp, or Junction Temp?

110 C is safe on the Junction (hotspot) Temp, but not on Edge Temp. When the edge is 110, the hotspot is way hotter than that, which can even kill the chip in worst case scenario.

System Name Ryzen5900X
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Thank you for sharing the bios. To install the bios I downloaded atiflash version 2.9.3. from tech power up website and that version does not have the installer and it didn't worked. After installing couple of other versions when I came came back to. 2.9.3 It worked perfectly without any errors but regardless of ati versions I couldn't install the bios to the card and it's giving me the same error every time for every version included in the screenshot.

View attachment 336349
I was getting this error before because 2.9 .3 does not have the installer after installing some of the latest versions that are a disappears.

None of the versions worked for me. However, I haven't tried flashing through hiveos and I am using the windows for that. Please see the image below of the error I'm getting when I am flashing both bios on all ATI Windows versions.

View attachment 336350
Why are you using amdvbflashwin? Also why didn't you extract it to c:\atiflash\? See flash instructions => https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...nd-line-cmd-syntax-mini-guide-windows.291671/
If amdvbflash doesnt work in c:\atiflash, extract it to a usb stick and then execute it from the command line.

System Name Sunk Cost Fallacy
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev. 7
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Storage WD Black SN850X 1TB + 2x 2TB, 2x 4TB Crucial MX500, 4TB Samsung 870 Evo.
Display(s) Alienware AW2723DF, LG 27GR93U, LG 27GN950-B
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Bose Companion Series 2 III, Sennheiser GSP600 and HD599 SE - Creative Soundblaster X4
Power Supply bequiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500w Titanium
Mouse Logitech GPRO X Superlight & G502 X
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mini, Razer Black Widow V3 TKL
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Repaste the card?

ActivePrime

5700 XT was only the suspect but not the real culprit Hive OS says the error 511 is due to the power failure. When I was checking the power supplies, I saw my breakout board was a bit brownish near the connectors, I thought it’s because of dust but it wasn’t.

IMG_6641.jpeg

The record board is completely burnt and three of the cables are permanently attached to the breakout board after melting their connectors

no harm to my cards and they are working perfectly fine.
The HP power supply is 1200 W and the load on the supply was around 400 W. I am unsure of the meltdown because this apply and breakout board worked fine for two years.

Please suggest me to buy another breakout board with cables or to buy 2600 W Chinese power supply somewhat 80 gold.

The breakout word with cables is around $25 and the power supply It’s around $110. Both Chinese. Although I don’t have a bad experience using Chinese products and I’m not sure everyone had the same experience.

I’m not planning to upgrade my rig and I have only 4 cards.

thank you for all the help!

Attachments

• IMG_6660.jpeg
    IMG_6660.jpeg
    659.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6663.jpeg
    IMG_6663.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
5700 XT was only the suspect but not the real culprit Hive OS says the error 511 is due to the power failure. When I was checking the power supplies, I saw my breakout board was a bit brownish near the connectors, I thought it’s because of dust but it wasn’t.

View attachment 336874

The record board is completely burnt and three of the cables are permanently attached to the breakout board after melting their connectors

no harm to my cards and they are working perfectly fine.
The HP power supply is 1200 W and the load on the supply was around 400 W. I am unsure of the meltdown because this apply and breakout board worked fine for two years.

Please suggest me to buy another breakout board with cables or to buy 2600 W Chinese power supply somewhat 80 gold.

The breakout word with cables is around $25 and the power supply It’s around $110. Both Chinese. Although I don’t have a bad experience using Chinese products and I’m not sure everyone had the same experience.

I’m not planning to upgrade my rig and I have only 4 cards.

thank you for all the help!
Chinese PSU? Oh no, don't do that! :fear:

Get something decent, like a Seasonic Prime or Focus.

ActivePrime

Chinese PSU? Oh no, don't do that! :fear:

Get something decent, like a Seasonic Prime or Focus.
I am not getting anything beyond 850 W from the local market that means I need to get it from outside using either AliExpress or eBay. I don’t know much about mining equipment and I’ll definitely try to get the branded PSU you have mentioned.

System Name Gaming1 / Office 2
Processor Intel i7 7700k@4.8ghz / Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard MSI 270 SLI PLUS / MSI MAG X570S - TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
Cooling ID-Cooling Frostflow X 120 - Liquid / ID-Cooling SE-903 V2
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Black / 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL - 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5700XT THICC III Ultra 8GB / XFX RX 6600XT 8GB
Storage 1st : 1x SSD Samsung 870 Evo 1Tb + 4x SAS HDD in RAID / 2nd : 1 Tb SSD Nvme Samsung 970 EVO PLUS
Display(s) 2x Dell 3008 WFP
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 / GENESIS IRID 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster XFI / Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W / Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech G5
Keyboard Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205 / Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205
Software 1st - Win 10 Pro X64 / Win 7 X86 / Ubuntu / 2nd - Windows 11 Pro x64
Well in my rigs i used ONLY HP or DELL servers PSU with that breakout board.
But i also have an incident like you had, when the breakout board failed and almost started a fire.
That is because breakout board is the only item in the rig configuration that is a low quality piece. of course everything Made in China. :)

I posted a picture for info purposes - how it looked my PSU config.
The picture is not from the real rig, but in my case i used something more or less similar to that.
I am living in Romania and i bought them from local dealers (local shops) who sell items needed in mining.
1709183859871.png

Last edited:

ActivePrime

Well in my rigs i used ONLY HP or DELL servers PSU with that breakout board.
But i also have an incident like you had, when the breakout board failed and almost started a fire.
That is because breakout board is the only item in the rig configuration that is a low quality piece. of course everything Made in China. :)

I posted a picture for info purposes - how it looked my PSU config.
The picture is not from the real rig, but in my case i used something more or less similar to that.
I am living in Romania and i bought them from local dealers (local shops) who sell items needed in mining.
View attachment 336938

The other power supplies were too expensive. I have three HP 1200 W power supplies with me so I just needed the breakout board and the cables. AliExpress was expensive, so I bought it from Alibaba 5 sets $17 dollars each. The supplier seems to be good. The minimum quantity you can order is 5 sets. I don’t know what I’m going to do with so many boards and cables by but I bought it anyway.

The specification are:
17 slot, breakout board with 17 cables for $17 (each sets) without supply.
The total package was around 4 KG
The shipping charges through FedEx is $60 to my location!

That is the best places I have got so far from the multiple suppliers.

The reason for melting my breakout board are:
1. I bought faulty RTX 2080 TI it was less graphic and more the heater (that was under guarantee so I returned). That card caused the initial meltdown.
2. The second important factor was. My AC stopped working and I was out of the house. I’m very happy that it haven’t started any fire.

I sum up all of the situation Together in this post, hopefully it will be helpful

Attachments

• IMG_6695.jpeg
    IMG_6695.jpeg
    520.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

ActivePrime

After a while my rig is working back again!

I want to thank you, everyone personally.

@Imperator you are an old friend you might not remember this but you help me fix my RX 580 few months ago.

I wanted to update for my breakout and cables shipment received today

IMG_6948.jpeg

The order was five sets three sets 50 cm long and two sets 70 cm long with the break out board of 17 slots each set from Alibaba and the quality is amazing and the shipping price were low and through FedEx. I am very amazed after receiving the package. That is my 17th purchase from Alibaba, and none of them went bad every time and more satisfied than the previous. Just to clear you up things are not bad but it’s a Myth to keep it that way otherwise everybody would be purchasing from China other than the local market.

Thank you so much everyone again for all of your efforts and time into this!

Attachments

• IMG_6952.jpeg
    IMG_6952.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
System Name Gaming1 / Office 2
Processor Intel i7 7700k@4.8ghz / Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard MSI 270 SLI PLUS / MSI MAG X570S - TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI
Cooling ID-Cooling Frostflow X 120 - Liquid / ID-Cooling SE-903 V2
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 Black / 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL - 3600Mhz
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5700XT THICC III Ultra 8GB / XFX RX 6600XT 8GB
Storage 1st : 1x SSD Samsung 870 Evo 1Tb + 4x SAS HDD in RAID / 2nd : 1 Tb SSD Nvme Samsung 970 EVO PLUS
Display(s) 2x Dell 3008 WFP
Case CoolerMaster HAF 932 / GENESIS IRID 300
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster XFI / Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W / Thermaltake Smart RGB 700W
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech G5
Keyboard Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205 / Dell SmartCard Reader SK 3205
Software 1st - Win 10 Pro X64 / Win 7 X86 / Ubuntu / 2nd - Windows 11 Pro x64
Ohh yeah baby. The rig is back online.
Happy that you've made it mate!
Cheers