• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

XFX, GTS Black RX 580 8GB - "CSM disabled: No"

bibikalka

I got a used card, here is its actual sticker:
label_zoom_obscure.png

It came with the same weird mining BIOS (will call - oBIOS) in both dual BIOS partitions, from the now defunct "https://anorak.tech" (the BIOS is attached). That BIOS is very similar to this one here in the link, other than for changed Hynix timings, which don't matter for this card, given that it has Samsung memory chips:

I dug up another BIOS from TPU which actually looks a lot closer to what this card might have originally come with given the same name, and the early date of the BIOS:

I have tried this 191642 BIOS to boot a clean UEFI mode, but it has that unpleasant pink color issue during POST:

I tried to update GOP on 191642 to both 1.70stock and 1.69magic, but the pink issue still persists.

For the anorak's oBIOS as is, in UEFI mode it'll boot black (no POST messages) till Windows screen. It will also boot black with GOP updated to 1.70stock. With GOP updated to 1.69magic, it'll boot OK in the UEFI mode, with all POST messages.

So I am actually keeping this oBIOS updated with 1.69magic GOP as the daily driver given it's proper behavior.

Back in time, with this oBIOS in UEFI boot black regime I got this strange report that "Resizable BAR : Enabled". Unfortunately I did not grab the other screenshot, with the misc ReBARflags.

rx580.gif

For my daily driver, oBIOS updated with 1.69magic GOP, I get the weird result that the computer is booting in UEFI, but it claims that "CSM Disabled: No". What's confusing is who is saying that CSM is not disabled? Is it the computer, or the actual RX580?
gz04.gif
gz01.gif

Anyway, I am thinking of trying to do the ReBAR BIOS mod, and want to sort out whatever is happening with the actual video card first. A few more current screenshots for details.
gz02.gif
gz05.gif
gz03.gif
gz06.gif
gz07.gif

Should I go back to that "boot black" oBIOS, and see what the other GPU-Z screens say regarding "CSM disabled"?

Any suggestions on how this could be sorted out fully as to get closer to a working ReBAR? The BIOS mod for ReBAR is for a different topic elsewhere.

Attachments

• obios_anorak.zip
    106.9 KB · Views: 18
System Name Ryzen5900X
Processor AMD Ryzen 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO AC
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory 4x G.Skill F4-3600C17D-8GTZ
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6800XT Midnight Black
I got a used card, here is its actual sticker:
View attachment 347910

It came with the same weird mining BIOS (will call - oBIOS) in both dual BIOS partitions, from the now defunct "https://anorak.tech" (the BIOS is attached). That BIOS is very similar to this one here in the link, other than for changed Hynix timings, which don't matter for this card, given that it has Samsung memory chips:

I dug up another BIOS from TPU which actually looks a lot closer to what this card might have originally come with given the same name, and the early date of the BIOS:

I have tried this 191642 BIOS to boot a clean UEFI mode, but it has that unpleasant pink color issue during POST:

I tried to update GOP on 191642 to both 1.70stock and 1.69magic, but the pink issue still persists.

For the anorak's oBIOS as is, in UEFI mode it'll boot black (no POST messages) till Windows screen. It will also boot black with GOP updated to 1.70stock. With GOP updated to 1.69magic, it'll boot OK in the UEFI mode, with all POST messages.

So I am actually keeping this oBIOS updated with 1.69magic GOP as the daily driver given it's proper behavior.

Back in time, with this oBIOS in UEFI boot black regime I got this strange report that "Resizable BAR : Enabled". Unfortunately I did not grab the other screenshot, with the misc ReBARflags.

View attachment 347912

For my daily driver, oBIOS updated with 1.69magic GOP, I get the weird result that the computer is booting in UEFI, but it claims that "CSM Disabled: No". What's confusing is who is saying that CSM is not disabled? Is it the computer, or the actual RX580?
View attachment 347914View attachment 347915

Anyway, I am thinking of trying to do the ReBAR BIOS mod, and want to sort out whatever is happening with the actual video card first. A few more current screenshots for details.
View attachment 347916View attachment 347918View attachment 347917View attachment 347919View attachment 347920

Should I go back to that "boot black" oBIOS, and see what the other GPU-Z screens say regarding "CSM disabled"?

Any suggestions on how this could be sorted out fully as to get closer to a working ReBAR? The BIOS mod for ReBAR is for a different topic elsewhere.
Its a XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS Black Edition 1425MHz OC+. Part number of that card is 580P8DBD6.

The orginal bios for the card is 113-58085SSB1-W90, which you already found: