• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

BIOSTAR Introduces the Arc A380 ST Graphics Card

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
BIOSTAR, a leading manufacturer of motherboards, graphics cards, and storage devices today, is excited to introduce the all-new Intel Arc A380 ST graphics card. Engineered for the modern user, the Arc A380 ST is the pinnacle of performance and efficiency in the world of digital entertainment and casual gaming. Featuring the cutting-edge Intel Arc A380 ST Graphics Engine and built on the PCIe 4.0 interface, the Arc A380 ST reigns supreme in its category. With DirectX 12 Ultimate and OpenGL 4.6 support, the BIOSTAR Arc A380 ST graphics card promises unparalleled visual fidelity, allowing users to immerse themselves in the latest gaming titles and multimedia content with extraordinary clarity and detail.

With a robust 6 GB of GDDR6 memory and a 96-bit memory interface clocked at 15.5 Gbps, the Arc A380 ST provides the bandwidth and speed necessary for seamless gaming and multitasking. The card's energy-efficient design does not compromise performance, boasting a graphics clock of 2000 MHz while maintaining a low total board power of 75 W.

The Arc A380 ST excels in thermal performance thanks to its superior cooling technology and design innovations like Digital PWM and Dr. MOS, allowing for smooth overclocking and enhanced durability. It also features a range of output options, including three DisplayPort 2.0 ports and one HDMI 2.0 port, catering to various display setups and resolutions up to 7680 x 4320 @ 60 Hz.

BIOSTAR's Arc A380 ST is perfect for users looking for a graphics card that balances high performance with energy efficiency. Whether for streaming videos, casual gaming, or content creation, the Arc A380 ST delivers quality and reliability in every pixel. Available now at select retailers worldwide, it promises to elevate the computing experience for its users, reaffirming BIOSTAR's commitment to quality and innovation in the tech industry.

For more information, visit the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
woo hoo....yet ANUTHA 3050-ish card in sheep's clothing.....maybe if it's in the $100 range, but otherwise:

major y/A/w/N.....

TataMayor

I thought BIOSTAR'S had disappeared. But I see that they are still struggling in the market. Good for them

The_Deadly_Virus

I wonder if getting a GPU license and stuff to manufacture own GPU from Intel is easier than Nvidia or AMD.

Psyclown

woo hoo....yet ANUTHA 3050-ish card in sheep's clothing.....maybe if it's in the $100 range, but otherwise:

major y/A/w/N.....
I don’t think it’s even that fast. Its strange that so many DoA cards keep getting released lately.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Eisbaer 240 + 140, EK Vector TUF
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080 10GB OC
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K 4K120 + Lenovo L32p-30 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Gotta wonder that why they even made A380 cards with a power connector? Or are these clocked lower and limited by power limits?

System Name Gamey #1 / #2
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Core i7-9700F
Motherboard Asrock B450M P4 / Asrock B360M P4
Cooling IDCool SE-226-XT / CM Hyper 212
Memory 32GB 3200 CL16 / 32GB 2666 CL14
Video Card(s) PC 6800 XT / Soyo RTX 2060 Super
Storage 4TB Team MP34 / 512G Tosh RD400+2TB WD3Dblu
Display(s) LG 32GK650F 1440p 144Hz VA
Case Corsair 4000Air / CM N200
Audio Device(s) Dragonfly Black
Power Supply EVGA 650 G3 / Corsair CX550M
Mouse JSCO JNL-101k Noiseless
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 3 TKL
Software Win 10, Throttlestop
Gotta wonder that why they even made A380 cards with a power connector? Or are these clocked lower and limited by power limits?

Yes on both counts. Nvidia did the same with the 1050 Ti though seemingly not with the 1650. I have a slot-powered only ASUS Phoenix 1050 Ti but there are higher end Strix models with 6-pin connectors and the associated higher power draw and performance.

Even with an undervolt and riding the edge of what you can do at 70W, I can get my 1050 Ti to about 1800 MHz in typical titles at the 70W power limit where most of Pascal can do ~2050 MHz with just a little OC tuning. My card would likely hit that with 100W usage or similar.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)

major y/A/w/N.....
That ship has long sailed. The era of $100 consumer videocards is long over.

Hell, during the cryptomining craze, the RX 550 2GB was going for >$200, not because it was a good card for mining (it's not) but because everything with 6GB+ of VRAM was scooped up by miners. Even as cryptomining faded, prices haven't come down.

Everything is more expensive. Raw materials (substrates, wafers, packaging), electricity, etc. Remember that these companies employ humans to make things, they're getting paid more to keep up with inflation/COLA.

And for sure, no one is getting wafers at a discount in 2024. A large percentage of them will be turned into AI accelerator chips sold to enterprise/corporate customers at fat margins. There's little incentive for Nvidia, AMD, Intel to sell bottom-of-the-barrel consumer GPUs at razor thin margins.

If you are waiting for a $100 discrete GPU, you will never buy another one again in your life.

System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
That ship has long sailed. The era of $100 consumer videocards is long over.

Hell, during the cryptomining craze, the RX 550 2GB was going for >$200, not because it was a good card for mining (it's not) but because everything with 6GB+ of VRAM was scooped up by miners. Even as cryptomining faded, prices haven't come down.

Everything is more expensive. Raw materials (substrates, wafers, packaging), electricity, etc. Remember that these companies employ humans to make things, they're getting paid more to keep up with inflation/COLA.

And for sure, no one is getting wafers at a discount in 2024. A large percentage of them will be turned into AI accelerator chips sold to enterprise/corporate customers at fat margins. There's little incentive for Nvidia, AMD, Intel to sell bottom-of-the-barrel consumer GPUs at razor thin margins.

If you are waiting for a $100 discrete GPU, you will never buy another one again in your life.
Yea I know, I was being sarcastic....but OTOH, the Arc cards have so far all been focused on the lower-middle end of the spectrum, even their so-called "upper-tier" cards, so this is just marketing hubbub 101 for DOA parts IMO, simply because they will want outrageous $$ for what is essentially a bottom of the barrel card that is only good for light browsing/email/office stuff.... :)

And just to be clear, I am not now, nor will I ever be, waiting for garbaggio cards like these, since I use a mini-me box @home & a professional workstation @work with all the latest & greatest top-tier parts....