• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Purple Haze | Vacuum Box
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (-30 CO) | Intel® Xeon® E3-1241 v3
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
Cooling Dark Rock 4 Pro, P14, P12, T30 case fans | 212 Evo & P12 PWM PST x2, Arctic P14 & P12 case fans
Memory 32GB Ballistix (Micron E 19nm) CL16 @3733MHz | 32GB HyperX Beast 2400MHz (XMP)
Video Card(s) AMD 6900XTXH ASRock OC Formula & Phanteks T30x3 | AMD 5700XT Sapphire Nitro+ & Arctic P12x2
Storage ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB, Toshiba P300 3TB x2 | Kingston A400 120GB, Fanxiang S500 Pro 256GB
Display(s) Mi 2K Gaming Monitor 27", AOC 24G2U
Case Modded MS Industrial Titan II Pro RGB | Heavily Modded Cooler Master Q500L
Audio Device(s) Audient iD14 MKII, Adam Audio T8Vs, Bloody M550, HiFiMan HE400se, Tascam TM-80
Power Supply Rosewill Capstone 1000M | Enermax Revolution X't 730W (both with P14 fans)
Mouse Logitech G305, Bloody A91, Amazon basics, Logitech M187
Keyboard Redragon K530, Bloody B930, Epomaker TH80 SE, BTC 9110
Software W10 LTSC 21H2
Managed to find a spot in Dunley. It was a decaying castle (the bigger plot).
To my surprise the small adjacent plot wasn't occupied. Relocated the castle there. What a pain (2nd photo explains).
Now I have a decent space for a garden on two levels, industrial part lower level (bigger plot), and a luxury part with amazing view. A lot of work coming up.

V Rising_2024.05.26-02.23.pngV Rising_2024.05.26-02.30.png

@Vayra86 @SN2716057 we're neighbors, but in different dimensions.

Last edited:
Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 4400Mhz CL19 1T
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Black Pearl Window
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard EVGA Z15 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
Enjoying the goat. I mean the GoT, well, Ghost of Tsushima right now.

Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT v1053.0.0515.2048 22_05_2024 23_17_18.png
This samouraï is clearly something :D

We tried Wuthering Waves with my gf, I prefer the vibes of Honkai: Star rail but the fights are cool (the story seems dumb).
At least it gave her some cosplay ideas so I don't think I lost time playing it :roll:

System Name Windows | In Progress
Processor 13900K | 14900KS
Motherboard Pro Z790-A WiFi | Z790 Apex Encore
Cooling Arctic LF III 360 | Arctic LF III 420
Memory 32GB 6600 CL32 | 48GB 8200 CL38
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 | RTX 4070Ti Super
Display(s) MSI MAG401QR
Case Phanteks P600s | Asus PA602
Power Supply Vertex GX-1000 | Vertex GX-1000
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores They suck.
Just finished up the main quest line in Horizon: Forbidden West. I'm trying to decide if I jump right into the Burning Shores add-on or take a break to play something else. Decisions, decisions.

HFW.jpg

Processor i7 12700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Just finished up the main quest line in Horizon: Forbidden West. I'm trying to decide if I jump right into the Burning Shores add-on or take a break to play something else. Decisions, decisions.

View attachment 348832
100% go into Burning Shores, you won't regret it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh WQHD Computer Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
I am playing Fallout 3. Last time I played the game was a very long time ago and honestly don't remember much of it.

Processor i7 12700K
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
I am playing Fallout 3. Last time I played the game was a very long time ago and honestly don't remember much of it.
Next step would be New Vegas then :D

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh WQHD Computer Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
Next step would be New Vegas then :D
yeah, I plan on playing a few of them after :) Fallout 3 was so great for it's time. Really enjoying it.

Vegas is on another level quests quality wise and it was one of the games convincing me how crucial it is in RPGs, but also in most games. That you just can't make up disappointing quests with the rest like fun from exploration or fighting. That game lacking in quest quality may end up at best decent and decent games are not worth my time. Like I really wanted to like Starfield, but with all of those garbage quests I simply felt it doesn't respect my time. After Witcher series or Pillars of Eternity quests just can't be like somebody has totally uninteresting problem, so go solve it by negotiating or killing. Or good being mixed with garbage ones.

E.g. now I play Grounded, so being from Obsidian promises quality plot and quests what seems harder to implement in survival game. I'm on the beginning, so can't give an opinion, but there's some mistery to solve and this game feels so much better having it.

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
I could also try how much better my "new" RTX 3080 can run it vs. my old 6700 XT. Haven't played it yet, just benchmarked.

Ah, so you're a true PC gamer. :)
I know nothing about Quake, but Final Fantasy IX suffered for some similar reasons. It's a reminder that "success" (when defined by sales) is a product of circumstances. Final Fantasy IX was a couple of releases after the phenomenon (especially in the West) that was Final Fantasy VII, and was the first to go back to the traditional and medieval fantasy style that Final Fantasy VI/VII started breaking from. It then had a new console (and leaps were huge back then) and a new Final Fantasy title following it up with a lot of new stuff, like fully 3D worlds and voice acting.

So plenty of people overlooked it, if not for that, then for the whimsical and cheery style (that actually hides a deep and dark story).

I'm probably one of the few who liked Doom 3 as well, but I don't care as much for the rest of the series. Shooting games for their own sake was never my thing, but I love atmospheric or survival horror games, and Doom 3 did that well.

Maybe I tend to love Black sheep a lot or something.

Not much to add other than I thought this was a very nice post. I agree with it, and probably didn't get into FFIX for exactly the reasons you mentioned. That does not mean (I think) it's a bad game.

As for Doom 3, I also enjoyed that game (more than any other in the series), although it certainly is different. I don't typically play shooting games (for their own sake) either; I play Destiny for a reason I sometimes think is different, but other times realize truly probably isn't. Sure, the gunplay is best-in-class, but I play it for other reasons that may come across as odd to others.
Today I finished Hellblade II and it was simply next gen :>

I haven't liked precedessor - boring game won't defend with bringing up a serious topic. That's why I completely haven't cared about anything about II before it's launch. I only knew that's gonna be stunning Unreal Engine 5 showcase, so thanks to having it "for free" in Game Pass, decided to give it a shot without even checking any reviews. I was ready for visually stunning, but boring game and it delivered only one. Graphics make it imo first game since arrival of current consoles definitely feeling next gen. Geometry and detail of terrain make the biggest impression. Software ray tracing is good to the point that I don't feel missing showcase Nvidia's one, what I always feel since five years ago I played original Metro Exodus. Also water effects were quite amazing. Ofc I'll be fully impressed when I see such things in some open world game :] If we talk gameplay, it was just journey great all the time. All the time appreciating not only graphics, but being curious what next step will bring and how plot will develop. It was just walking with rare moments of fighting (simple, but damn satisfying) or some kind of object finding - both known from precedessor where both sucked, but here they dose it not too often and executed well. There're many reviews or technical analysis and I haven't seen any, so it's all purely imo ;)

I haven't played the sequel (nor gone about researching it), so I can't speak to it, but I can speak to the first...in which I think we may agree. I was curious how the sequel would end up without the creator.

Look...the ideas in that game (and likely sequel) are important. The notions brought up in the documentary are interesting (as are other videos by the former studio head). They are/were on to something...

...I just don't think they were the 'right' people to do it. It's a franchise in which I'm very torn. I appreciate that somebody attempted to articulate/'normalize' those things...but I don't appreciate how they did it.

It's one of those things before that I've called "The best game I absolutely did not like", and I don't know how to articulate at this time the sentiment any further than to say their reach exceeded their grasp, imo.

The studio (mostly former co-head that now likes to party dressed as a pirate with 30 models on a boat bc MS money after buy-out) wasn't afraid to 'go there', which is also apparent in DmC, and that deserves praise...but he appears arrogant and self-aggrandizing in a way that almost takes away from what could truly be something amazing if handled with more compassion/care and less salesmanship.

I also think they (or perhaps just he) are extremely crass and lack the sensitivity to delve into some of those topics, even if they have the desire and/or willingness/understanding of the technology.

It's a very strange thing. I can't shit-talk it, because it is a uniquely artistic thing that scratches the surface of a new layer to the medium.

However, I also think it was fairly depressing and arguably capitalized on others' ailments for profit in an insensitive way, rather than truly helping people understand others with particular ailments/disorders.

FWIW, I appreciate your take on both the OG and it's successor.
Quake 1 had all that already and even THAT wasn’t the first. Technically, that would be Descent.
"OH DAMN, I'M RUNNING INTO WALLS NOW." Oh wait, that's Shadow Warrior. Point is, I sucked at Descent more than you can possibly imagine. Thanks for the memories...I guess. :p
We tried Wuthering Waves with my gf, I prefer the vibes of Honkai: Star rail but the fights are cool (the story seems dumb).
At least it gave her some cosplay ideas so I don't think I lost time playing it :roll:

Low-key this was one of the things I thought was interesting about Stellar Blade. While I played it in the Daily Sailor (most of the time), which is an unrevealing outfit, I thought to myself:
"To some people one of these 70+ outfits is going to be their dream to (see somebody) wear, and some people are eventually going to cosplay it to make themselves and/or their partner (and/or OF subs) very happy.
Some people may find it crude, but I actually think things like that are really neat. Inspiration/connection and joy can come from many places, including things like that, for copious (and sometimes uniquely) different reasons. I truly do appreciate thinking about those ideas (and appreciate it applies to your sitch).
(The sentiment more than actually personally seeing it, if that makes sense.)

Last edited:
System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro

View attachment 348832

I'm at like 70+ hours and I think I'm about to finish the main questline but I'm not rushing it so I'm still doin side stuff instead.:laugh:
Too many games to play or at least try out currently I just can't keep up and I honestly don't like this.. 'I'm the kind of a person who prefers to play 1 maybe 2 games until I'm done and the move to the next..'
Just got to lvl 100 with my Sorc in the current Diablo 4 season and started pushing Pits/basically greater rifts from D3. 'playing Frozen Orb with the new Winterglass necklace which is a lot of fun but not the best boss killer for sure..'
Still got 1 chapter left in Hellblade 2 that I will try to finish tonight. 'I prefer to only play this game at night when its dark in my room, suits the atmosphere of the game much better..'
Also its a technical weekend beta test of the First Descendant so right now after this post I'm off to check that out cause I did like the previous betas and I'm curious what changed since.

And then this thing too, I'm also trying out Wuthering Waves since I kind of like the game and the combat is fun. 'I love the fast/fluid action combat ever since my Vindictus days'
I did play Genshin for a few weeks but I gave up on it and Star Rail is not exactly my cup of tea with the turn based combat. 'I think the only turn based games I've ever liked were heroes of might and magic 3 when I was a kid and also Disciples 2'

So ye too much shet to play now so I wont even bother posting pics until I settle down.:laugh:

Last edited:

@alwayssts Honestly I don't care topic of mental health and how they approached it in game - I just wanted to play game which happened to bring it up, but I came for overall experience. Precedessor failed by making me bored with only two and poorly executed activities being fighting and object finding. Happening that often to additionally make them feel tiring and repetetive. With successor they executed both very well, being just fun to play and happening not often to the point of feeling right, fitting well rhythm of linear game and enriching base gameplay being nothing more, but walking simulator. Hellblade II is also probably the best looking game and truly next gen experience. It's what I call "Far Cry moment" - spectacular showcase of graphics definitely never seen before. My last "FC moments" were Cyberpunk with path tracing added and original Metro Exodus played with ray tracing, so such don't happen often and are one of the reasons to play games on computer.

System Name Windows | In Progress
Processor 13900K | 14900KS
Motherboard Pro Z790-A WiFi | Z790 Apex Encore
Cooling Arctic LF III 360 | Arctic LF III 420
Memory 32GB 6600 CL32 | 48GB 8200 CL38
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 | RTX 4070Ti Super
Display(s) MSI MAG401QR
Case Phanteks P600s | Asus PA602
Power Supply Vertex GX-1000 | Vertex GX-1000
Software Win 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores They suck.
I'm at like 70+ hours and I think I'm about to finish the main questline but I'm not rushing it so I'm still doin side stuff instead.:laugh:
Too many games to play or at least try out currently I just can't keep up and I honestly don't like this.. 'I'm the kind of a person who prefers to play 1 maybe 2 games until I'm done and the move to the next..'
Just got to lvl 100 with my Sorc in the current Diablo 4 season and started pushing Pits/basically greater rifts from D3. 'playing Frozen Orb with the new Winterglass necklace which is a lot of fun but not the best boss killer for sure..'
Still got 1 chapter left in Hellblade 2 that I will try to finish tonight. 'I prefer to only play this game at night when its dark in my room, suits the atmosphere of the game much better..'
Also its a technical weekend beta test of the First Descendant so right now after this post I'm off to check that out cause I did like the previous betas and I'm curious what changed since.

I did rush through somewhat, probably a little more than I should have. Just before the beginning of the final main quest, I found out about a side quest for one of the team members that I'm hoping I can go back and complete now. I was torn between wanting to help this character and the sense of urgency to 'hurry up and save the day'. :laugh:

I feel exactly the same way about the massive number of games that I'd like to play, and how much time they can take if you want to '100%' them, not to mention the ones I want to pop into for some quick daily tasks/rewards. I guess it's a pretty good problem to have though. :)

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I did rush through somewhat, probably a little more than I should have. Just before the beginning of the final main quest, I found out about a side quest for one of the team members that I'm hoping I can go back and complete now. I was torn between wanting to help this character and the sense of urgency to 'hurry up and save the day'. :laugh:

I feel exactly the same way about the massive number of games that I'd like to play, and how much time they can take if you want to '100%' them, not to mention the ones I want to pop into for some quick daily tasks/rewards. I guess it's a pretty good problem to have though. :)
I don't do 100% since I don't care about achievements and the likes but I do prefer to finish at least all of the ! marked side stories before finishing the main story. 'hunting ground challenges I don't care about in Forbidden West either'
But yea I'm also aware that this is not a big problem to complain about considering how our world is in general so I will just manage it the best I can. :laugh:

Not much to add other than I thought this was a very nice post. I agree with it, and probably didn't get into FFIX for exactly the reasons you mentioned. That does not mean (I think) it's a bad game.

As for Doom 3, I also enjoyed that game (more than any other in the series), although it certainly is different. I don't typically play shooting games (for their own sake) either; I play Destiny for a reason I sometimes think is different, but other times realize truly probably isn't. Sure, the gunplay is best-in-class, but I play it for other reasons that may come across as odd to others.
Thanks!

Final Fantasy IX is, in my opinion, something you'll likely either love or just not care for at all. I usually don't understand the outright hate for it though, but that doesn't seem too common (at least these days). I absolutely understand a lack of interest in something though, and won't try and convert anyone on something they aren't interested in. I wouldn't like that done to me, after all.

Out of curious, what are those reasons for liking the other game? I'm not familiar with that game, and I may or not even understand your answer, but I'm curious all the same.

Probably because, like you, I'm not a fan of shooting games. I don't dislike them or anything... but I'm simply not innately interested in them either. It's basically a genre that can go either way with me but because I'm not interested in shooting or guns, it needs something else to pull me in. Usually, that something else is either a lean into survival horror, or atmosphere and setting. For example, the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes? I'll play those without hesitation, even though they have large shooting elements. Generic military shooter 27? Yeah, that usually won't do it for me.

Some of the pictures in this thread remind I have a few other games I want to start, but I'm tied up with some other games right now, the aforementioned Final Fantasy IX being one. Hm, I'm making a retrospective on it elsewhere using a play-through to serve as the story coverage and maybe I could do that in its own thread here, but I'm not sure how much interest there would be for it. And it'd be long. (If this title finally gets announced for a remake and it looks promising, especially if it looks anything like what the Memoria Project teased, expect me to never shut up about it though!)

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
After a few other action adventure games set in other periods. I have to say it is a relief taking a screenshot from odd lower angles doesn't get awkward.

Ghost of Tsushima

2215430_20240526222614_1.jpg

Decided to open up Forza Horizon 4 today.
Decided to see what vehicles I could still buy.

After laughing at this visual pun for a solid 10 minutes it became the only cultured act I've ever participated in.

1293830_20240527173029_1.jpg

System Name HTPC whhaaaat?
Processor 2600k @ 4500mhz
Motherboard Asus Maximus IV gene-z gen3
Cooling Noctua NH-C14
Memory Gskill Ripjaw 2x4gb
Video Card(s) EVGA 1080 FTW @ 2037/11016
Storage 2x512GB MX100/1x Agility 3 128gb ssds, Seagate 3TB HDD
Display(s) Vizio P 65'' 4k tv
Case Lian Li pc-c50b
Audio Device(s) Denon 3311
Power Supply Corsair 620HX
Thanks!

Final Fantasy IX is, in my opinion, something you'll likely either love or just not care for at all. I usually don't understand the outright hate for it though, but that doesn't seem too common (at least these days). I absolutely understand a lack of interest in something though, and won't try and convert anyone on something they aren't interested in. I wouldn't like that done to me, after all.

Out of curious, what are those reasons for liking the other game? I'm not familiar with that game, and I may or not even understand your answer, but I'm curious all the same.

Probably because, like you, I'm not a fan of shooting games. I don't dislike them or anything... but I'm simply not innately interested in them either. It's basically a genre that can go either way with me but because I'm not interested in shooting or guns, it needs something else to pull me in. Usually, that something else is either a lean into survival horror, or atmosphere and setting. For example, the Resident Evil 2 and 3 remakes? I'll play those without hesitation, even though they have large shooting elements. Generic military shooter 27? Yeah, that usually won't do it for me.

Some of the pictures in this thread remind I have a few other games I want to start, but I'm tied up with some other games right now, the aforementioned Final Fantasy IX being one. Hm, I'm making a retrospective on it elsewhere using a play-through to serve as the story coverage and maybe I could do that in its own thread here, but I'm not sure how much interest there would be for it. And it'd be long. (If this title finally gets announced for a remake and it looks promising, especially if it looks anything like what the Memoria Project teased, expect me to never shut up about it though!)

You should make that thread; if not for others, then for yourself as reminder of something you appreciate. Sometimes writing it out (just like having a conversation) helps instill those morals/ideals and appreciation into ourselves. If someone else can take something from that, or has a different perspective to share (which we may not consider before sharing something), I see that as a bonus wrt personal growth.

As for Destiny, there are many aspects to it.

First, I always wanted a game with continuous progression over the long-term, which it gives (arguably it used to do it better, and that was sacrificed for populism/higher (new) player-count, but I digress.)

I wanted something I could continuously appreciate, sometimes zone out to recollect my thoughts/listen to music/podcasts, but also anticipate new content without having to wait years for a sequel.

The most important part though, and anyone that plays the game knows this, is the ("seventh column" of) community/dev relations:

There are people in the community that are not only entertaining and serve as a touchstone, but are also extremely informative (think someone like Vaatividya for Fromsoft titles; Souls/Elden Ring). Perhaps not everyone reads every lore card/item description (to put together the minute intricacies wrt the plot and it's characters), but I'm thankful those layers exist and there are people out there that will both expound at great length (and perhaps speculate), as well as those that will summarize it for those that prefer that and/or have less time (or extra thought cycles). I'm happy that not only can those people can make a living off those things (and develop their talents), but it also gives me a tremendous amount of value outside the actual game itself. 1-6 hours of original content in the game may turn into literal days of original (and interesting) discussion both about or anticipating it. I love hearing all those different perspectives, especially over something that evolves and that discussion could actually change the game.

Bungie puts out a weekly dev blog (forever the 'TWAB', if renamed 'TWID') detailing not just awareness of issues and changes/things to anticipate, but has a sense of humility (and humor) wrt how some people play the game and/or "bugs". They also promote, and contribute, to a bunch of great causes. For instance, they recently had a charity drive in which after giving a certain donation a programmer would draw a picture of you or your pet. I thought that was hilarious, because that's Bungie in a nutshell. Do people appreciate Destiny's art (and programming)? They sure do. Do programmers draw? Not for a living. Do sometimes people go after certain people at a studio/publisher (on twitter, in articles, etc) in-which they target and/or blame [often the wrong person] for issues that have little, if nothing to do with them? Yep. Is this a clever way of Bungie explaining different people have different roles, and not everyone associated with something you like/dislike perhaps has input into that thing? Maybe. Perhaps I'm just reading too much into it, but again, people at Bungie are very clever in many ways I dare almost not speak. If nothing else, that programmer is putting themselves out there (perhaps drawing very badly and amusing someone; perhaps show-casing a hidden talent) in a way that is funny, thoughtful, for a good cause, and promoting people to go outside of their comfort zone.

When it comes down to gameplay, I must say I am a very specifically weird type of person. I know there are others like me, but we're not the loudest voices.

We're the type with few IRL friends that play, and find it difficult to create new connections (in the way you would respect a friend) to people we don't know personally.

I got into the game because a few guys I worked with were anticipating the sequel given their experiences in the original (which had always sounded like something I wanted to be a part of but didn't have people I knew to play with), and I was excited to have them as an entry-point for multi-user experiences.

Of course, that's just not always practical, and while there are wonderful single-player experiences (that reasoning shouldn't deter people from playing it like it did for myself initially), that's not why it's special.

I love Destiny because I absolutely despise using a microphone (when only talking to 'strangers'). I'm fairly shy wrt people I don't know (or don't know we have a similar topic of interest to discuss); fear getting berated for not perfectly executing the meta or a mechanic...perhaps myself not being assertive-enough about a tactic I feel will work/help someone (and hence become frustrated) and/or perhaps coming across too forceful and causing someone else distress. Destiny has many ways to mitigate that (although tbh, people are usually very chill/understanding and most people shouldn't fear mics over LFG; perhaps bc generally older/more mature audience).

Destiny not only has strikes (fairly-easy for most short 3-player match-made PVE activities with escalating difficulty), but missions/dungeons (essentially shorter and easier/less-mechanic heavy raids) that don't require a mic (especially if you learn the encounters/mechanics before-hand from a guide or video). The sense of social interaction and camaraderie still exists though; you can help a new player along their path to something you may have mastered long-ago (while perhaps seeking a new objective from that encounter) and perhaps awe them, complete a new experience yourself (you perhaps couldn't have by yourself), and at other times get help you may require from complete strangers (and like-wise be in awe). To me personally, all of that is extremely fulfilling, yet the stress level is very low.

That said, the times I have chosen to do a raid (6-player PVE activity that essentially requires mics for coordination), they've been (partly thanks to my IRL friends as a buffer) some of the happiest moments of my (gaming) life. I met new people (which are generally interesting), they may have taught me something and/or have been patient (which I appreciate), and I was able to contribute to something greater than we could accomplish alone.

Similarly, in pvp, one can play anything from a low-stress and almost-meaningless game, to competative, to Trials of Osiris. All of these modes are important; for different people and different reasons.

Some people just want to run around (for fun or to slay) like any arena shooter (and/or test a gun/do bounties), and that's fine. Not typically something I find exciting, but it's important for that to exist.

Some people want to be matchmade with/against people of their skill level, and aspire to get better. Destiny does this for 3-on-3; matchmade for players that single-queue, as well as duo/trios, vs like-wise.
I personally find this very fulfilling for a perhaps strange reason. While I'm certainly not the best player (I border on gold/plat FWIW), there are moments my (match-made) teammates are absolutely horrible..

...and it's great.

Again, I don't use a mic (although people can do that and be match-made against others that do similar). That doesn't mean that I don't let off some steam to those people that can't hear me.

Some people punch pillows, some people use that stress to tackle a project, some people listen to music to come back down to earth.

Me, I (sometimes) yell at random people (like I never would if they could hear it) that can't hear me and I'll likely never interact with again, and it's more cathardic than you can possibly imagine.

Is that weird? Probably.

Am I still happy when we clutch a victory and I move up the ranks? Absolutely. But I go into it knowing that potential may happen, hurts nobody, and may help me vent (if not even related to the game).

Finally, there is Trials of Osiris, which is a hardcore-pvp mode that requires 7 wins against other teams to win a prized drop (often useful in PVE), usually only frequented by the best players. I have successfully done it 3 times...with a lot of help from absurdly good players in LFG (using the app). You can still earn decent rewards for simply participating in match-made teams, and maybe some will succeed there, but I'll never forget those that were kind-enough to carry me do a lot of work for us to get to The Lighthouse (a special area where you claim your reward after your 7 consecutive wins). It's a pretty special feeling.

Hence I think of people like Jake, an absurdly good PVP player, that has devoted pretty much every weekend since it's existance to help players get to The Lighthouse...all while keeping a positive attitude. He livestreams it; he makes a living, but he's also helping (often truly unskilled at PVP) people; putting his very particular set of skills to good use. It's like...The most perfect thing. Everyone wins in that scenario.

It truly is about the community just as much as game content; their mindfullness, creativity, and attitude. It could just as well be applied to a game without guns, but it just so happens this game has them.

Last edited:
You should make that thread; if not for others, then for yourself as reminder of something you appreciate. Sometimes writing it out (just like having a conversation) helps instill those morals/ideals and appreciation into ourselves. If someone else can take something from that, or has a different perspective to share (which we may not consider before sharing something), I see that as a bonus wrt personal growth.
Hm, maybe I will. It'd be super long through (but you just gave me a pretty detailed answer in an on the spot question so what excuse do I have). I'm already writing it anyway since it's being posted on another community so about half of it is already done, but that community isn't too active anymore (especially in the gaming section). So perhaps it wouldn't be the best place to have solely posted something like that but I only did it because that's one of the few communities I'm still active on, and I was playing the game anyway. In all my years, I never did a complete reflection on it so I figured "better late than never". It's my favorite game by far so I felt like I should do it eventually.

And yes, it's incidental you say that because I've definitely noticed some things writing it out that I wouldn't have otherwise. Not with the game itself; I've played that dozens of times for the last couple dozen years, but instead in how the game impacts me a lot. It's always had a strong impact on me, and I found through writing it out that it amplifies it a lot, haha.

But yeah, it's a bit long since the part that was meant to cover the story, which I was thinking of breaking down into like half a dozen-ish parts (?) ended up becoming even much more in depth because I just started showing my whole play through so my story coverage describes that. Originally I was only going to cover the opening parts to help show how the game introduces itself, and... I just kept going. I guess I felt like doing a deeper coverage of the first part and then a lighter coverage of the rest would be unequal/lazy/whatever.
Bungie puts out a weekly dev blog (forever the 'TWAB', if renamed 'TWID') detailing not just awareness of issues and changes/things to anticipate, but has a sense of humility (and humor) wrt how some people play the game and/or "bugs". They also promote, and contribute, to a bunch of great causes. For instance, they recently had a charity drive in which after giving a certain donation a programmer would draw a picture of you or your pet. I thought that was hilarious, because that's Bungie in a nutshell. Do people appreciate Destiny's art (and programming)? They sure do. Do programmers draw? Not for a living. Do sometimes people go after certain people at a studio/publisher (on twitter, in articles, etc) in-which they target and/or blame [often the wrong person] for issues that have little, if nothing to do with them? Yep. Is this a clever way of Bungie explaining different people have different roles, and not everyone associated with something you like/dislike perhaps has input into that thing? Maybe. Perhaps I'm just reading too much into it, but again, people at Bungie are very clever in many ways I dare almost not speak. If nothing else, that programmer is putting themselves out there (perhaps drawing very badly and amusing someone; perhaps show-casing a hidden talent) in a way that is funny, thoughtful, for a good cause, and promoting people to go outside of their comfort zone.
This reminds me of the people in the League of Legends community who apparently sent death threats to employees (?) over stuff that wasn't even their fault either. That's incredibly disappointing if it's true. A lot of gaming communities have that pretty toxic side to them, unfortunately.

Finding a company that engages that with community is always a rare treat, but I get why it's rare. Gaming development is so complex, large, expensive, and time demanding these days. And I feel like we're in the stages where most triple A games are way too impacted by the need to bring in profits (specifically because of increased development costs). Maybe some of the recent industry changes (like the whole thing with Square Enix cutting many of the "double A" games and focusing more on fewer, higher focus/quality projects) will be a bit of a soft reset we need. Endless growth was never going to be sustainable with the way game development costs have gone up over the last twenty or twenty five years. I'm really shocked game pricing hasn't gone up (it's actually gone down factoring inflation). This might be why we see things like "less developed" games where games are put out in somewhat unfinished/optimized states and they "maybe get fixed later", or games come spread across DLCs or season passes to get the full thing. Those people who wait for sales won't be giving them any up front profits and those are the things the big publishers/shareholders look at the most for deciding what to invest in next, so future game projects suffer. But as a player, buying a rocky product at full price to "maybe send a subtle message as to what they want" doesn't work either because they get... more unfinished games that may or not be what they actually want. Hopefully Square Enix going multi-platform up front and dropping the PlayStation/Epic Games Store up front exclusivity will help. It's not the 2000s anymore; the PC is a big user base (as is the Xbox) and they were losing out on a lot but skipping both of those markets. Was Sony making up for it with whatever they offered them? I don't know.

Anyway, I digressed. Hopefully these recent rough patches with layoffs and game development have a Silver lining, but I imagine it will always be a rarity to find a company involved with its community like you did.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Well me 100% teamNinja games continue, I've got a platinum for Nioh on the PS4 a few years ago, 100% achievement for Nioh 2 and Wu long as well on steam.
Just got my platinum for Rise of the Ronin on the ps5.
Wish I had the willpower to try and 100% ninja garden trilogy but they are on a different level of difficulty and grind fest in comparison.
I'll be taking a break from playing new games until Shin megami tensei V Vengeance is out later in June.
Screenshot_20240529-151414.png

System Name Xpectra
Processor i3 10105F
Motherboard Asrock H470M-HDV
Cooling Cooler Master H410R RGB
Memory Hynix 16GB (2x8) 2666Mhz DDR4 RAM
Video Card(s) Zotac GTX 1050 Ti Mini
Storage Crucial BX500 120GB+480GB, 1TB+2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
Display(s) HP 22es
Case Chiptronex C100
Audio Device(s) F&D F190X
Power Supply Ant Esports VS500L
Mouse Redragon M609
Keyboard TVS EGold Bharat Mech Keyboard (Blue Switches)
Software Windows 11
started playing days gone yesterday, very fun game and looks promising, the graphics are amazing for a game released for ps4 in 2018 with barely much noticeable difference on pc version.
1717070758103.png

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
Finished yesterday The Legend of Dark Witch (on Vita, but on 3DS, Switch and PC too !)
I picked this one just because of the cool name, didn't know what to expect :)
It's described as a Megaman X Gradius (!) game ... and, well it's pretty correct.
Looks like a 16 bit game where you cross shorts levels firing at will with some light platforms elements.
Once you've made it to the boss and defeated her (all the protagonists are girls) you'll gain it's power.
It's the Megaman side of the game.
Now the Gradius side is because you have a "weapon / option" bar that fill up for every enemy killed.
You will start weak, but every enemy kills gives you "butterflies", like money, to buy some definitive upgrade between levels.
It was a little game with no pretention, feeling the good old time of the 16 bit era.
Not that hard once upgraded, and a bit on the shorter side (+/- 2,5 h) but some gameplay options can make it longer if you want.
ssjp00.jpg

Screens shown the Switch version taken from the official site of the game. Seems it gains some aggressive antialiasing !

ssjp02.jpg

If you can grab it in sale it's a good thing, full price (+/- 7 eurodollards) is a bit much

ssjp04.jpg

If you ever play Megaman, it will reminds you some good (or not) memories ...

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop, Corsair ML/LL fans
Memory 48GB Kingston Fury DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF 10GB @ +150/700
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XV273K 4K120 + Lenovo L32p-30 4K60
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Screw you Sony/Square-Enix as you took some FF titles away from PS+.

Well, I may try Omega Weapon on FFVIII Remastered on PC. The only achievement I don't have is beating that superboss. I'm prepared as much as I can.

Got that bastard on second try.

1717211646357.png

Last edited:
System Name D30 w.2x E5-2680; T5500 w.2x X5675;2x P35 w.X3360; 2x Q33 w.Q9550S/Q9400S & laptops.
Doing a HALO: Master Chief collection a playthrough. Though do not have so much time, as a dad.

Missing the dialog portion from Mass Effect series...but still, it is nice to kill so many aliens! :cool:

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1)
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB 980 PRO 2TB Gen4x4 NVMe, 2 x Samsung 2TB 970 EVO Plus Gen3x4 NVMe, AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
Screw you Sony/Square-Enix as you took some FF titles away from PS+.

Well, I may try Omega Weapon on FFVIII Remastered on PC. The only achievement I don't have is beating that superboss. I'm prepared as much as I can.

Got that bastard on second try.

View attachment 349516
So many final fantasy's it's become the least truthful franchise of all time. :laugh:

System Name Merc v8
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 with Arctic fans
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Flare X F5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 VENTUS 3X PLUS
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB, &2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 34GP950G-B
Case Caselabs Mercury S8
Audio Device(s) Some Schiit with Edifier S351DB
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-850
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker TH80 SE (Silent Red switches)
Software W11Pro
Waiting to go play outside in V Rising
20240601172817_1.jpg