• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How To: Enable SLI on pre-i7/i5 hardware

Max One

Works nice, thx leetlunixh4x0r.

Only thing is, i turned the test mode off ( Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF ), that means i have to disable driver signing verification every time when im starting my pc. If u forgot to disable it, the booting into windows will fail and starts to repair windows.

So its very important to disable it otherwise you have to make the whole process over again.

Max 1

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Only thing is, i turned the test mode off ( Bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING OFF ), that means i have to disable driver signing verification every time when im starting my pc. If u forgot to disable it, the booting into windows will fail and starts to repair windows.

So its very important to disable it otherwise you have to make the whole process over again.

Max 1

Don't know if that is a question or not but Yes that is correct.

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Also I am working on a hack like the original patch winload.exe but I'm not finding much information on hex editing it and it isn't as easy to modify as linux is... Also learning how to patch files in windows might be helpful too.

P.S. I don't want to steal credit for anyone's work however I would like the source code for the official patch so that I could modify it and possibly fix the BSOD issues and roll it into an official patch... the more devs the better imho 2 heads are better than one :)

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Max 1

I was doing some reading and you could actually use bcdedit to make an additional entry and have it point to alternate files like the original patch... however without the loader you still need test mode.

Max One

P.S. I don't want to steal credit for anyone's work however I would like the source code for the official patch so that I could modify it and possibly fix the BSOD issues and roll it into an official patch... the more devs the better imho 2 heads are better than one :)

Totally right.

Is there an automatic way to start my pc without hitting everytime f8 to disable driver signing verification?

I mean if my pc crashes for example and im afk, it will restart by itself and starts to repair windows, I would like to prevent this.

Max 1

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Totally right.

Is there an automatic way to start my pc without hitting everytime f8 to disable driver signing verification?

I mean if my pc crashes for example and im afk, it will restart by itself and starts to repair windows, I would like to prevent this.

Max 1

The only way to do it without a loader is to enable Test Mode

try bcdedit /set recoveryenabled 0
that might make it so that it doesn't try to repair windows when you dont press F8 but i'm not 100% on this one.

I think that I might have just found a fix for the original patch...will test and report back...

Last edited:

Max One

try bcdedit /set recoveryenabled 0
that might make it so that it doesn't try to repair windows when you dont press F8 but i'm not 100% on this one.

Thx, that works well.

I think that I might have just found a fix for the original patch...will test and report back...

Cool. Let me know when ur done, send me a pm to be the first beta tester hehe :D

Go Go u can do it :respect:

Max 1

l33tlinuxh4x0r

Thx, that works well.

Cool. Let me know when ur done, send me a pm to be the first beta tester hehe :D

Go Go u can do it :respect:

Max 1

The method that I was trying to use to fix the Official Patch did not work so for now we just have to follow my tutorial until someone else comes up with a better way of doing things. :(

About Avast.
If you take ntoskrnp.exe, halsli.dll, osloadw7.exe(osloadwv.exe for windows vista) and copy it to ntosrnl.exe, hal.dll and winload.exe you'll get boot ok under non-sli option. So Avast fails because of not patched files for sure. But if you change startup kernel(no matter patched it or not) when we got a problem. I'll test something. But it's not patch problem for sure. It seems to be Avast has something to slipatch. We'll see.

Last edited:

l33tlinuxh4x0r

About Avast.
If you take ntoskrnp.exe, halsli.dll, osloadw7.exe(osloadwv.exe for windows vista) and copy it to ntosrnl.exe, hal.dll and winload.exe you'll get boot ok under non-sli option. So Avast fails because of not patched files for sure. But if you change startup kernel(no matter patched it or not) when we got a problem. I'll test something. But it's not patch problem for sure. It seems to be Avast has something to slipatch. We'll see.

I tried replacing winload.exe with osloadw7.exe renamed to winload.exe and the hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe all together and the issue on my system at least is in fact osloadw7.exe

I tried replacing winload.exe with osloadw7.exe renamed to winload.exe and the hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe all together and the issue on my system at least is in fact osloadw7.exe

i tried myself yesterday it. no matter on what system you do it. try original kernel and hal. but use osloadw7.exe renamed to winload.exe. and try to boot under non-sli option. it'll boot ok.

It's not patches. They contain code wrote on assembler and fixups which applies when this code injects into some PE file. I wrote installer which applies it to give any user simplicity installation and prevent the patch from depending on some windows version. Before installer i make builds manually based on some kernel version and hal(on latest at making time). Now there is no this depending and you can install patch on any version of windows. Doing it manually takes a long time.

Hello, i am working with anatolymik on getting 3 way working on latest patch and drivers.

Can anyone who reads this thread and has a 3 way SLI setup and uses this SLI PATCH
please post.

I currently can run 3 way SLI with .09b and nvidia 260.99 driver.

Maybe it is something i am doing wrong, i can only get 2 way SLI to work with latest patch and driver.

Any suggestions are welcome!

asarimoped

System Name Lenovo D20
Processor Intel XEON X5570 Quad-Core 2,9Ghz
Motherboard Lenovo Intel 5520
Memory 12GB Kingston DDR3 Triple-Channel
Video Card(s) 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 SLI
Storage 2x WD Velociraptor 280GB RAID0
Display(s) 2x 24" DELL LCD
Power Supply Lenovo D20 1000W
Software Windows 7 x64 SP1
hi there...

I tried the new SLIpatch Build 216 - and I also copied the patched hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe - all is working fine in Windows x64 Test mode (the SLIpatch now reports "Original kerne is patched!").

I also installed a new SLI bridge, brand new out of the box from a MSI mainboard.

So that's seem done.

BUT: no success with my two GTX580 cards. Still no SLI option available. What can I try else?!

HELP :banghead: