• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I also dont use Finotes driver set but the one I patch my self . If you are satisfied ..good for you .

Which is the driver set that you patched?
You are refering to this this one? Will X-Fi MB still work with these?

I had msi GT72 2QE and it worked , now get rid of all that crap before uninstall everyting related Realtek be sure you make complete uninstall , go out of TEST mode if you are in and try this :

here latest drivers so If you want check them out go ahead ,

http://sharemods.com/kd1h9ft1565o/realtek_hda_8166dts_ddlRDY.rar.html

I am aware that X-Fi MB is only going to work on the analogue outputs but for that I consider it superior to other software solutions. If you set the speaker configuration to 5.1 in Windows sound properties and to Headphones in X-Fi MB you get Creative's own HRFT-based headset surround simulation which while still inferior to Sennheiser's solution is working a lot better than Dolby Headphone or Razer Surround and thus a great option when I am on the go and don't want to bring another external soundcard along.

If you are just playing to a speaker system all these software solutions are crap and not needed. However, they have their use for

- somewhat enhancing the terrible sound of small, weak speakers like the laptops's internal ones. (imho Nahmic does that very well on a GT72).
- simulatinh surround sound on a stereo headset via HRFT-based algorithms which works suprisingly well if you are using decent open back headphones.

System Name hp OMEN X 900-000NX
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K
Motherboard hp Munich-S Z170
Cooling Asetek liquid cooling
Memory 32 GB DDR4-2133 Hynix
Video Card(s) hp GTX1080 Founders
Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Display(s) LG TV 43 UJ670V active HDR
Case hp OMEN desktop X 900
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Keyboard SteelSeries hp OMEN
Software Windows10 64bit hp OMEN edition
Why so toxic? I asked you wether the driver hosted at sharemods is the one you were referring to. I simple "Yes" would have sufficed. Thank you, I am going to try them out tonight after work.

Storage 256GB M2 Samsung (system)+ 1GB SSD WD BLUE edition GAMING(2x500 RAID 0 config)+2TB SATA (storage)
Audio Device(s) ASUS XONAR DSX (Active) ,SBZ (inactive), onboard Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
if you are opting for MB5 or any other software solution it wont help you much as this are follow up form original post on page 1 , with change of registry entry of DWORD32 ..that is all no mambo-jumbo rubbish around , plain and simple .

MAGZ

Hey Dvojinov, just wanted to thank you for your modded driver package! Worked Flawlessly in my Maximus IX Formula (think it is an ALC1220, maybe?... dont really know lol) Anyway, DDL is unlocked and every sound is being encoded and managed brilliantly with my Creative Soundblaster X7, thanks so much mate!

It´s easy guys,little steps i took:

1. Install the windows update, version must read 1703 build 15063.332 or above
2Uninstall any Realtek drivers & Reboot
3. CCleaner, clean registry and reboot: disable driver signature enforcement.
4.Install. Accept prompt asking you about installing unsigned drivers. DO NOT AUTO REBOOT
5. registry: add dword32 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD32 set to 1
6. Reboot
7. Let the DDL Boom your head!

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Do not post unsafe links, some have been reported to contain viruses and malware. If you keep doing it, I will be forced to close this thread and send you on a little vacation. Also this is a strictly English only forums according to the TOS so anything written that is other than English will be deleted:)

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Well it would be advisable to know to whom is this threat pointed out about vacation and stuff ? Or closing a thread for that matter of fact. Im mod on several places and I would never approach this way despite the :)

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Well it would be advisable to know to whom is this threat pointed out about vacation and stuff ? Or closing a thread for that matter of fact. Im mod on several places and I would never approach this way despite the :)

That was a general statement from me......no one particularly in mind (but they know who they are). I respect your duties as a mod elsewhere and please afford me the same ;). If any of the threads that I moderate (or any for that matter) gets members infected with something that was linked, it is my duty to mitigate it, it is not a threat, it is just standard procedure.

Last edited:

TomONeill

I've installed the latest W10 update and managed to get DTS and DDL in the selection menu. However, after selecting it and pressing test tone, it sounds left, then nothing for a longer period of time than with stereo, then right. That's it.

Driver version: 6.0.1.8158
I performed the register trick (DisableProtectedAudioDG: 1)
and lastly, I replaced the Windows\System32\RltkAPO64.dll file with RLTKAPO64.dll - R275 - Dolby Digital Live + DTS Interactive + Dolby Home Theater + DTS Neo
(I know, the dll has the wrong version, but it does enable the DTS and DDL options... I don't know what to do)

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I've installed the latest W10 update and managed to get DTS and DDL in the selection menu. However, after selecting it and pressing test tone, it sounds left, then nothing for a longer period of time than with stereo, then right. That's it.

Driver version: 6.0.1.8158
I performed the register trick (DisableProtectedAudioDG: 1)
and lastly, I replaced the Windows\System32\RltkAPO64.dll file with RLTKAPO64.dll - R275 - Dolby Digital Live + DTS Interactive + Dolby Home Theater + DTS Neo
(I know, the dll has the wrong version, but it does enable the DTS and DDL options... I don't know what to do)

here latest drivers so If you want check them out go ahead , YOU DONT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ,DO NOT COPY/PASTE any old dll's just go through regular installation and flow the registry DWORD32 instructions

This are patched drivers already by me so nothing to do else then download and after that you have to go through regular installation once finished you have to add one DWORD32 bit type in registry of Windows using regedit :

1. After installation, DONT RESTART when asked open Run, type in "regedit" without quotes. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1.
2. Restart normally.

NO TEST MODE NEEDED but you have update to latest Cumulative patch before IF you didn't already. Be sure to ALLOW driver installation when asked dont worry it is not a virus or something it is unsigned driver forced to install and WITHOUT TEST MODE .

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
So Where is Phyto I need him so much or 2bad
gone , 2bad years ago and phito or pyhto left I believe or keep silent not participating any more , somehow I think I'm going to pull the plug also soon , few more BS and Im out of this mess .

Last edited:
here latest drivers so If you want check them out go ahead , YOU DONT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING ,DO NOT COPY/PASTE any old dll's just go through regular installation and flow the registry DWORD32 instructions

This are patched drivers already by me so nothing to do else then download and after that you have to go through regular installation once finished you have to add one DWORD32 bit type in registry of Windows using regedit :

1. After installation, DONT RESTART when asked open Run, type in "regedit" without quotes. Navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio". Add "DisableProtectedAudioDG" of DWORD (32bit value) type and set it to 1.
2. Restart normally.

NO TEST MODE NEEDED but you have update to latest Cumulative patch before IF you didn't already. Be sure to ALLOW driver installation when asked dont worry it is not a virus or something it is unsigned driver forced to install and WITHOUT TEST MODE .

So i've just tried this but they don't work for me I choose as Default Format Dolby Digital Live 5.1 ive tried games Fallout 4,Rainbow Six Siege my Logitech Z906 says it's decoding but rear speakers are not working only the front ones any idea why ?
I'm using optical conection since it sounds alot better than the other,i can't watch movies fine but just wondering if it was possible to play games with optical to get 5.1 in them I have a Asus X99 sabertooth motherboard if that matters

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
So i've just tried this but they don't work for me I choose as Default Format Dolby Digital Live 5.1 ive tried games Fallout 4,Rainbow Six Siege my Logitech Z906 says it's decoding but rear speakers are not working only the front ones any idea why ?
I'm using optical conection since it sounds alot better than the other,i can't watch movies fine but just wondering if it was possible to play games with optical to get 5.1 in them I have a Asus X99 sabertooth motherboard if that matters

You are doing something wrong no reason it doesn't work I have the same audio chip Realtek® ALC1150 as you and it works , and it usually fails to bad written DWORD , sometimes people forget to set it to 1 , sometimes they dont create DWORD of 32 bit , everything else should be uninstalled without any ASUS provided audio enhancement tools .
I have Logitech Z906 and Z5500 and it works on both

did it ask for special permission during installation ..red window popping up warning this driver is not digital signed , did you give permission to install > If that didn't happen then the whole installation failed , if you didn't give permission to install again it wont work .

Yes you can play games I play GR Wildlands ,SW Battlefront , Eurotruck2 and on all games it works without any problems , it also works with KODI and AIMP3 player , there is a way to make it work with Chrome so all streaming goes 5.1 like you tube and other so ..yes it definitely works .

Are your Windows 10 Creators updated to te latest Cumulative update that enables DTS Interactive and Dolby Digital Live ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I allowed imma try again later now I have a problem i've reinstalled drivers to the latest one (normal ones ) and my Realtek HD Audio manager is not showing in control panel no idea why any idea to fix this now ?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
Yeah I allowed imma try again later now I have a problem i've reinstalled drivers to the latest one (normal ones ) and my Realtek HD Audio manager is not showing in control panel no idea why any idea to fix this now ?

No there is no fix for that , there is a workaround that is very complicated and question is would it even work , Realtek dropped the native manager in favor of manufacturer customized control manager , however when going this way the custom in this case ASUS manager may not appear at all , however most enhancements like EQ ,Effects you will have to adjust through ENHANCEMENT TAB within the Audio Driver TAB.

bare in mind some older RTL drivers may show the RTL Audi Manager but will also suffer W10 /Games incompatibilities :S

Also be careful wit SPATIAL TAB if you open it and select any given methods there ti will set your ADVANCED option too 2 CH , in other hand you cant use SPATIAL together with DTS-I or DDL and this is normal as SPATIAL is pseudo surround and corresponds only with 2 Ch source

Any time you accidentally open SPATIAL TAB or for any other reason check if your default format is stil set to DTS -I or DDL

No there is no fix for that , there is a workaround that is very complicated and question is would it even work , Realtek dropped the native manager in favor of manufacturer customized control manager , however when going this way the custom in this case ASUS manager may not appear at all , however most enhancements like EQ ,Effects you will have to adjust through ENHANCEMENT TAB within the Audio Driver TAB.

Damn ive used that manager because when i play with analog audio input i have to switch side speakers to rear to work in 5.1 how do I do that now ?

I've tried again with your drivers here a picture but it still doesn't work for me (and Realtek HD Audio manager is back now but it won't get back with older drivers idk why)

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
well OK it works you just make small mistakes keep it there for a moment Ill explain

so if you have your ASUS AUDIO MANAGER as I can see dont set DEFAULT FORMAT FROM HERE but use
> CONTROL PANEL > AUDIO > ADVANCED > you find the same LIST but with added DTS I and DDL , select it form there.. try ping tone , works only TWO CHANEL thats normal
Then you can USE all enhancements like DTS CONNECT > MOVIE/MUSIC and Sound EFECTS from your ASUS audio manger EXEPT DEFAULT FORMAT TAB ...if you open that it may automatically select 2 CH audio ..so you have to go back to DRIVER TAB in Control panel to select DTS I or DDL again.
Nothing is perfect ..but once youget use to it it is not a big deal

while dealing with control panel settings be sure your ASUS AUDIO MANAGER is closed it may still be in sys tray but closed

I also advise to open the DOLBY TAB and tick the Dolby option there

so if you have your ASUS AUDIO MANAGER as I can see dont set DEFAULT FORMAT FROM HERE but use
> CONTROL PANEL > AUDIO > ADVANCED > you find the same LIST but with added DTS I and DDL , select it form there.. try ping tone , works only TWO CHANEL thats normal
Then you can USE all enhancements like DTS CONNECT > MOVIE/MUSIC and Sound EFECTS from your ASUS audio manger EXEPT DEFAULT FORMAT TAB ...if you open that it may automatically select 2 CH audio ..so you have to go back to DRIVER TAB in Control panel to select DTS I or DDL again.
Nothing is perfect ..but once youget use to it it is not a big deal

Like this ? I've tried again with the manager closed just getting 2.1 in Fallout 4 but my Logitech Z906 says it's decoding

About dolby tab doesn't that just makes 2.1 sound like 5.1 not true 5.1?

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
I have the same behavior on my system between the RTL Audio Manager and DRIVER TAB Settings they seems to lost connection so not showing the same it happens few years back then it was fixed and now reappear after that mess with Windows10 Creator Update , unfortunately .
It may get fixed in future again

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
exactly like this ...but you should get all chanels is this efecting only fallout 4 ? is there any option in fallout 4 to select SURROUND , DOLBY , 5.1 or somthing ?

It works for games for me as well I cant tell for FO4 as I dont play it but the one I do all are 5.1 although in game audio settings are also set to SURROUND 5.1 , Dolby where ever it is available

did you thick , checked the option in DOLBY TAB ?

strange though do you have DTS Interactive available below Dolby Digital Live ? or only Dolby digital live and nothing more ?

"About dolby tab doesn't that just makes 2.1 sound like 5.1 not true 5.1?" yes it does but wont effect any true DOLBY or DTS signal if that is detected it wont do anything , however you will have played Music throughout all channels , If you prefer STEREO then leave it OFF .
I personally use DTS / DTS Interactive and NEO PC and Im very happy with it , lucky for me my system comes with licensed DTS Studio Sound and DTS Headphone X for 2ch audio Enhancements which I basically dont use, however for OPTICAL I use only DTS Interactive .
My MEDIA PC that I build is based on ASUS Z170A mobo and there I have also fully licensed DTS so I dont need to bother with all this workarounds but I dont have Dolby Digital Live nor do I care about it .

No I just have Dolby Digital Live under options no DTSI
every game ive tried its only 2.1 ingame settings are set to surround where available

Power Supply hp 600W
Mouse Logitech G620
thats strange I have to admit and when you check the driver version it ends with 8166 ?