• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

DarkGF

My mic keep echo sound from my computer(My friend's voice, My games) to discord, It only happens when i install modded version but when i turn back to normal one. No more echo.
Can you do something?

Dolby .... and Sound Blaster work fine execpt Echo Cancellation from Sound Blaster, It make mic sound cracking.
In speaker format doesn't Dolby in first page picture. Is it normal?

Last edited:

dumbet

Hello...
So is there any mod that has the latest version with the Dolby atmos for headphones?

horze

HI there, im sorry to ask a few silly questions,, but i am so so confused..... i been reading through so many posts or so many different threads.. it keeps forwarding me to different threads and posts.....and am completed confused what drivers there are
it seems to me there are 3 set's of drivers?
one by alan finote
another by Dj urko
and another by alan fox

can anyone tell me if i am correct or they are all the same driver.. so utterly confused as there are posts of all on each others threads..

I have an older system that has the Realtek HD ALC889A .. am running win 10 64bit and currently use the digital out .. currently using the coaxial orange port toa dolby digital cambridge soundworks 5.1 which i play alot of music from, and the rare occasional game

Realtek driver of 2.81 works fine and i get HD audio manager but the driver has issues when returning from sleep.. i get alot of popping sounds when resumed... (funny enough its resolved by muting the pc, for a split second and then it goes away)..
R2.82 does not have this popping issue however.. i lose the hd manager with version r2.82

Lookin at these various unlocked drivers you's have posted... they look awesome.. great job!.. but im little confused which one i should be headed to install.

Sorry again for the stupid questions.. im just soo soo confused with the many posts.
Also great to see so many people continuing helping each other out with issues....

Any of them is fine. It comes down to the features you want - some of the drivers feature DTS instead of Dolby Digital Live, others feature added 3rd party stuff like SoundBlaster stuff, others will add DDP or DT4.

I can tell you pretty much all of them will sound better than what your motherboard, or Realtek gave you for drivers.

You're in a candy store and nobody's watching so try everything and make notes as to what features you want and which set of drivers sound better on your system.

horze

Thanks Grich,
i just installed the dj urko driver.. everything installed fine.. however none of the effects seem to do anything on any of the extra programs
I did notice while installed .. it was trying to install a certain program in cmd prompt and was highlighted red. something about the current version on windows is newer than the one trying to be installed
thanks

One of the soundblaster versions 360 something no longer works with recent versions of windows. One of the more recent versions of the drivers in the last month has another version of soundblaster (an older version) that will work.

Nahimic I would not bother with. It is badly flawed and will take up almost all your cpu cycles due to a bug. There is no fix for this that anyone's aware of.

That leaves you with soundblaster and, choosing between Dolby digtal theater 4 or Dolby Digital Plus, although 1-2 driver versions somehow had both working at the same time

horze

Thanks Grich,
i ended up uninstalling dj urko driver as none of the software had an effect
I now have installed Alan finote driver and is working great:D
Thankyou Alan
Thanks for your help aswell Grich

RyuzakiL0826

Still can't get to work Alan Finote's latest driver (no sound coming out on my Swanz M10 Speakers) on Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 using ALC 1220. The previous version of his own make (Realtek v6.0.1.8603) is working though, but hoping he could use that source and update it to the latest version. :(

Btw. I'm on Windows 10 build 1809 (updated to the latest available for that build)

Hi,

I have ALC1220 and installed the installer but it didn't work. Using SPDIF digital out. The first page said to use a different installer but theres no link?

On Winver 1809.

Also got a couple error messages in the command window during installation that newer package version already installed.

Thanks

I have the same setup. After many trials and tribulations, I've realized that the main issues are that (1) the driver model has shifted from HDA to UAD, listed as Realtek(R) Audio in Device Manager, and not the older and incompatible Realtek High Definition Audio, meaning I must search for those or use the version provided by my motherboard maker, and (2) the new App does not show any DTS or other advanced settings I am used to. As of this writing, I have supplemented the UAD version with the Microsoft Update Catalog; namely searching for "Realtek Media 1809" and downloading the Windows 10, version 1809 and later, Servicing Drivers,Windows 10, version 1809 and later, Upgrade & Servicing Drivers, version 6.0.1.8673, dated 04/02/2019, size 9.9 MB.

All this by following online suggestions. But the Realtek Console still does not list any special features, such as DTS. However, if you:
  • right click on the speaker icon in the Taskbar
  • left click on Sounds
  • click the Playback tab
  • select your speakers and click the Properties tab
  • click the Supported Formats tab
  • test for DTS or Dolby Digital

... you find out all is working as one might wish (Dolby is lower volume). For playback testing, I like to use Potplayer, in which I can force playback speaker options and so forth and test. All seems fine and dandy; no need for new drivers, just an updated App to directly see and test DTS, which I've seen in this thread is in the works for future MS release.

bat12344

I installed on Windows 8 the latest version. It didn't work, but when I changed my Windows and installed 10 it worked.

the newest drivers require newest version of Windows 10. I believe the release notes for this says as much. Should also say in the inf file. This is a Realtek thing and nothing to do with the modders.

dumbet

So I successfully installed the mod but for some reason everything is bass boosted like 200% any one have any idea on how to stop my computer from ear raping me?

Is there a way to only add the ASIO driver component to an existing non modded Realtek driver install?
Or alternatively, install only barebone modded driver with ASIO but without any additional services/enhancers?

System Name My Bitch
Processor Intel i7 3770K@4.6ghz
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Memory Sniper 16GB DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX Vega 56
Storage Samsung SSD & WD Sata 7200 RPM Drive
Display(s) LG OLED 65"
Case Corsair Crystal Series 570X RGB ATX Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 + Yahama 7.1 Receiver
Power Supply Seasonic 550 Watt 80+ Gold Certified
Mouse Logitech M705
Keyboard Logitech K520
Software Win 10
Hi ladies and gentlemen and enthusiasts of sound,

There is new updated Driver Mod to version 8627. In the package are included Dolby PCEE4, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Headphone X, Dolby Atmos for Gaming, Sound Blaster 720 UWP and also Nahimic who optimises Nvidia HDMI Audio Driver. Dolby Digital Output via SPDIF and HDMI.View attachment 116241View attachment 116155

I hope you’ll be satisfied.

DJUrko Link to Download is https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkGtxiGigudSzVLpSjYdvkAqrejLView attachment 118581
thanks for your help

Sound_n00bie

Hi OP, I am kinda new to this so please bear with me. I was following your instructions for installing the software, but after restarting the PC I get this error (pic attached).

I uninstalled all the drivers I had, prior to running the installation of the setup. I also restarted the PC again, but it did not work. I have Dell XPS 13 laptop if that helps.
Could you please help?

MINOTAVRS

I have Asus ROG III Motherboard and i have installed successfully ur pack ... but I can't hear the sound. When i try to open dolby home app i get this message:
"the installed driver is for dolby advanced audio but the software application is dolby home theatre Please install a vallid driver"
What i doing wrong

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    9 KB · Views: 345

gyq180

@Dj Urko My new laptop only supports UAD versions of Realtek drivers,I try your Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod, It's not working properly. I try Official HDA versions of Realtek drivers, It's not working properly too. So, can i ask one mod UAD versions drivers of Realtek drivers? Thank you very much for your hard work!

BobaBrett

I have ALC 1220 with a Maximus Code IX Z270 MoBo, 1st install many errors on the cmd prompt towards at the end of install I then used Revo uninstaller, uninstalled the driver and the other sound applications. Second install I still encountered errors at the end of the install. Once I used the Reg tweak included Dolby Home Theater worked fine, along with all other sound app's. Not sure what the errors are the text fly's by to fast to read.

Edit: Bass Is extremely heavy and I love bass but once I enable a sound enhancement the bass get out of control.. Back to HeSuVi till an update comes along.

Last edited:
System Name Snk3 PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT Gray 2x8GB 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Storage Crucial BX500 SSD 240GB + Western Digital HDD 3TB + XrayDisk NVME 256GB
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933 AS Snow + OneOdio A71 + Samsung HT-C550
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 PRO 21H1
This driver works only in windows insider builds?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Dear TechPowerUp members.

Thank you all for understanding and patience for me.

I came here to inform you that, in a few days, I will be posting here a Realtek driver in the UAD (Universal Audio Driver) mode.

Thank you all!!!

I greet you from here in Brazil !!!!!!

Last edited:

dareas

Hi guys,
Drivers are working great for me, but I have a problem. When I plug in my headphones in 3,5mm jack, the sound is coming out from both laptop speakers AND the headphones. How do I fix this? I want sound only from my heaphones, when I unplug them, I want to hear the speakers. I'm using windows 10x64 v1903, on an old ASUS G75VX. When I uninstall THIS driver, my sounds are working fine - speakers are not working when my headphones are plugged in.