• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name BloodRage
Processor R5 2600X PBO enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite
Cooling Arctic Esports Duo
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000
Video Card(s) MSI VENTUS OC 2060 Super
Storage 120GB PNY SATA + 1TB WD Blue M.2
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT cheap chassis
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy FX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III Gold 650w
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Red Dragon Kumara
Software Win 10
Playing through Shadow Warrior 2 on GOG.

Processor Core i7-13700
Motherboard MSI Z790 Gaming Plus WiFi
Cooling Cooler Master RGB something
Memory Corsair DDR5-6000 small OC to 6200
Video Card(s) XFX Speedster SWFT309 AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT CORE Gaming
Storage 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB,,WD850N 2TB
Display(s) Samsung 28” 4K monitor
Case Phantek Eclipse P400S
Audio Device(s) EVGA NU Audio
Power Supply EVGA 850 BQ
Mouse SteelSeries Rival 310
Keyboard Logitech G G413 Silver
Software Windows 11 Professional v23H2

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage 256+240+128+480+2x1TB SSDs + 3TB HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Now the assisted mode BS ends! :D

1589152866033.png

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Started playing Beyond Two Souls.
beyond2.jpg

Had a 10 Euro coupon on Epic and had to use it on something before it expired and this was my best idea in my given pricerange,so far I'm more than satisfied with my decision. 'tried the demo first ofc'

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I've finally pushed on with Metro Exodus, having found the first part a little tricky, which was probably me getting used to the system. I died a lot at first, until I realised how accurate the enemy weapons were.
I like that we can save whenever and the attention to detail is incredible. Probably one of the best, graphically speaking and at times, the RX580 is really pushing it at very high, but nothing I can't live with.
MetroExodus gun.jpg
MetroExodus.jpg

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
I've finally pushed on with Metro Exodus, having found the first part a little tricky, which was probably me getting used to the system. I died a lot at first, until I realised how accurate the enemy weapons were.
I like that we can save whenever and the attention to detail is incredible. Probably one of the best, graphically speaking and at times, the RX580 is really pushing it at very high, but nothing I can't live with.
View attachment 154826View attachment 154827
Muahaha, if you just did the part I think you did... well... I shouldn't say anything. Either way I am excited for you. So many places to go and things to see. Choices to make...;)

Don't get me started on the enemy AI. It's... interesting. I've been picked off by a shotgun spread that miraculously all found its way to my face from so far away it was tough to place with a scope. And there's 4 of em... just back there frantically squirreling around a handful of flagged cover points - for every 10 odd times the gopher head pops out, a shot will fire - and if you are looking when they do it, it will nail you for guaranteed critical damage either before you even see the head fully pop out or after a brief staring contest. Only if you're looking, I swear! They need for you to watch them do it. The humans are cheeky, dude! :laugh: My favorite is when they randomly scoot fully into the open and falafel on which way to go next. They act like actual, genuinely confused people, panicking and trying to out dance the bullets like bugs bunny, or like a cornered cat switching back and forth between two walls. They do it so often, you wonder how they survive, before coming to the confounding realization that you can't hit them either! You know they know it, too. If only they were animated with arms flopping back in the air, bellowing spongebob laughs into the sky. I think that would've been seamless in at least some of those firefights.

This probably sounds crazy to you right now. You'll get it soon. I don't know if it's actually that way... or maybe I should say, intentionally that way :confused:

I will say, they're not as uncanny as the older COD MP bots, which were like terminators. You'd see them pop-up like rabbits, head looking dead in a random cardinal direction. The moment your eyes meet the head they whip around like a needle on a gauge and wreck you, before standing straight up and strolling in a random direction. Walk into an open warehouse were one is running across... their legs freeze the moment you cross into the line of sight and their whole waist does the lazy susan at ya. Maybe it happens so fast it looks to you like they were standing in that spot waiting o_O You kinda know where they're gonna be after a while, but the whole exchange is so jarring and unnatural that it never seems to register in my brain until I am dead. Metro's AI is wayyyy smarter in many ways, but it's just as spastic :laugh:

Once you figure out their behavior, humans are the least threatening enemies. They never eat ammo they don't replenish through drops, they're way less erratic than the monsters, and also unlike those beasts, if you play defense, so will they, meaning near-death situations are usually more in your favor. Simple read the lines, race to choke points type of deal. Can't find it? Suppress and watch for 30 seconds. If anything is gonna kill me it's the little runner fucks... dunno if you've met the ankle-biters yet. My way of dealing with those is mostly still explosives and feet. I pray you find a better way. I think they're too costly to fight. Then, there are the oft unavoidable flying fucks - nothing quite like gawking at the sky because there's a tiger-sized pterodactyl monster lookin to scoop ya up, while all around you are any number of dangers. I guess the arnies can be a problem too. Their lumbering skills are distressingly good. The shrimp are just overly-sensitive assholes. They're soft inside. They'll give ya wicked troubles on the stupid boat though. How's a guy gonna save the metro from a stinking rowboat?! Lemme know how that is for you. I HATED the leisurely rowboating around at first. You're in a perpetual state of being screwed on that little boat. That's all I see when I look around the river "I could get screwed there. Oooo I could get screwed there, too. Or there. I got screwed there yesterday, bet it won't happen again." *happens again*

I think the game hears me talk smack about it, because it finally carried all of the attachments into my NG+ playthrough. Man... it was killing me. Got all of the guns, with every single attachment. I even plucked-up the endgame tihkar attachment... even though I took the crossbow to the end ;) The game probably hates me now. I had a girlfriend like that. When she was mad enough, she became passive-aggressively complicit with everything... even things she would never otherwise let slide! You just had to know that was it, man. That's how I feel about my relationship with Metro Exodus right now... like it's only letting all of these things go my way because it's so mad at me that it doesn't register anymore. I'm waiting for it to slap back. I figure I may as well double down on the sarcasm... maybe I can flip the polarity and deflate the situation. Something's gotta give with my luck :ohwell:

Last edited:
System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
I have a problem. I wasted 118 minutes 9 (per steam overlay) trying to do a perfect killing house.

20200510211144_1.jpg

This is a turret I hacked to kill enemies. There's an entrance to the right. Another to the left.
20200510211257_1.jpg

At first I wanted to kill them all. So I just sat back an watched. Then I thought repositioning the turret should be better.
20200510212345_1.jpg

I set it like this. But it has a problem. The AI is dumb af and has almost no vertical play.
20200510212431_1.jpg

20200510212551_1.jpg

The bullets just fly off their heads.
20200510213233_1.jpg

Then I set it like this. Some OCDers you will notice it's not sat straight. It's because it has limited degree range. Iguess 160° or so.
20200510211405_1.jpg

Later on I also didn't want to kill the guys coming from the left door. So I put a gas mine there. But they somehow always revive back as evidenced by previous pic two pics above.
20200510213827_1.jpg

Then I found out two of these cunts were always waking the three of the below up.
20200510213838_1.jpg

Two of them sleeping inside.

Suffice to say I had a lot of fun trying to engineer their demise.
Total kill count: 1
Total sleep count: 5

BTW later in the game I had an intellectual conversation with a punk:
20200511133749_1.jpg

20200511133753_1.jpg

This is only the tail end of the conversation but NPCs don't repeat their first line sadly.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Muahaha, if you just did the part I think you did... well... I shouldn't say anything. Either way I am excited for you. So many places to go and things to see. Choices to make...;)

Don't get me started on the enemy AI. It's... interesting. I've been picked off by a shotgun spread that miraculously all found its way to my face from so far away it was tough to place with a scope. And there's 4 of em... just back there frantically squirreling around a handful of flagged cover points - for every 10 odd times the gopher head pops out, a shot will fire - and if you are looking when they do it, it will nail you for guaranteed critical damage either before you even see the head fully pop out or after a brief staring contest. Only if you're looking, I swear! They need for you to watch them do it. The humans are cheeky, dude! :laugh: My favorite is when they randomly scoot fully into the open and falafel on which way to go next. They act like actual, genuinely confused people, panicking and trying to out dance the bullets like bugs bunny, or like a cornered cat switching back and forth between two walls. They do it so often, you wonder how they survive, before coming to the confounding realization that you can't hit them either! You know they know it, too. If only they were animated with arms flopping back in the air, bellowing spongebob laughs into the sky. I think that would've been seamless in at least some of those firefights.

This probably sounds crazy to you right now. You'll get it soon. I don't know if it's actually that way... or maybe I should say, intentionally that way :confused:

I will say, they're not as uncanny as the older COD MP bots, which were like terminators. You'd see them pop-up like rabbits, head looking dead in a random cardinal direction. The moment your eyes meet the head they whip around like a needle on a gauge and wreck you, before standing straight up and strolling in a random direction. Walk into an open warehouse were one is running across... their legs freeze the moment you cross into the line of sight and their whole waist does the lazy susan at ya. Maybe it happens so fast it looks to you like they were standing in that spot waiting o_O You kinda know where they're gonna be after a while, but the whole exchange is so jarring and unnatural that it never seems to register in my brain until I am dead. Metro's AI is wayyyy smarter in many ways, but it's just as spastic :laugh:

Once you figure out their behavior, humans are the least threatening enemies. They never eat ammo they don't replenish through drops, they're way less erratic than the monsters, and also unlike those beasts, if you play defense, so will they, meaning near-death situations are usually more in your favor. Simple read the lines, race to choke points type of deal. Can't find it? Suppress and watch for 30 seconds. If anything is gonna kill me it's the little runner fucks... dunno if you've met the ankle-biters yet. My way of dealing with those is mostly still explosives and feet. I pray you find a better way. I think they're too costly to fight. Then, there are the oft unavoidable flying fucks - nothing quite like gawking at the sky because there's a tiger-sized pterodactyl monster lookin to scoop ya up, while all around you are any number of dangers. I guess the arnies can be a problem too. Their lumbering skills are distressingly good. The shrimp are just overly-sensitive assholes. They're soft inside. They'll give ya wicked troubles on the stupid boat though. How's a guy gonna save the metro from a stinking rowboat?! Lemme know how that is for you. I HATED the leisurely rowboating around at first. You're in a perpetual state of being screwed on that little boat. That's all I see when I look around the river "I could get screwed there. Oooo I could get screwed there, too. Or there. I got screwed there yesterday, bet it won't happen again." *happens again*

I think the game hears me talk smack about it, because it finally carried all of the attachments into my NG+ playthrough. Man... it was killing me. Got all of the guns, with every single attachment. I even plucked-up the endgame tihkar attachment... even though I took the crossbow to the end ;) The game probably hates me now. I had a girlfriend like that. When she was mad enough, she became passive-aggressively complicit with everything... even things she would never otherwise let slide! You just had to know that was it, man. That's how I feel about my relationship with Metro Exodus right now... like it's only letting all of these things go my way because it's so mad at me that it doesn't register anymore. I'm waiting for it to slap back. I figure I may as well double down on the sarcasm... maybe I can flip the polarity and deflate the situation. Something's gotta give with my luck :ohwell:
Wow, you really know this game!
As you can tell, I'm really just at the beginning, having got passed all the overly-long cutscenes and what could be described as the training section. I'm also taking an inordinate amount of time just ogling the scenery and then paying for it with my life.
I'm also glad that this section is above ground as I get tired of underground tunnels.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 Ti Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x 1TB MX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Black; 2x 4TB WD Black; 1x 1TB BX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) Infievo 27" 165Hz @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-1000 Gold
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Wow, you really know this game!
As you can tell, I'm really just at the beginning, having got passed all the overly-long cutscenes and what could be described as the training section. I'm also taking an inordinate amount of time just ogling the scenery and then paying for it with my life.
I'm also glad that this section is above ground as I get tired of underground tunnels.
I’m glad you’re giving it a go! Brilliant game IMHO. You mentioned the attention to detail. It’s not just the visuals. Take note of NPC behaviors and conversations, the subtleties of objects in scenes that one might call “clutter” in a game like Skyrim, but which breathe life into a scene if done well like here. It’s all very good attention to detail. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Streets of Rage 4 continues to enrage:
1589296050886.png

30 sec of this and app closes. Jesus, MS really needs to sort this sh*t out.

This is the Game Pass version, people that bought it on GOG or Steam don't have to deal with this, since the GP version is tied to the Xbox version.

Edit.
Launched on 8th (?) attempt.

Last edited:
Streets of Rage 4 continues to enrage:
View attachment 154916
30 sec of this and app closes. Jesus, MS really needs to sort this sh*t out.

This is the Game Pass version, people that bought it on GOG or Steam don't have to deal with this, since the GP version is tied to the Xbox version.

Edit.
Launched on 8th (?) attempt.
This is exactly why GOG is the first place I go for games. They run right the first time, every time. I do make exceptions, but very few and they have been decreasing lately.

System Name Batman's CaseLabs Mercury S8 Work Computer
Processor 8086K 5.3Ghz binned delidded by Siliconlottery.com 5.5Ghz 6c12t 5.6Ghz 6c6t on ambient air
Motherboard EVGA Z390 DARK
Cooling Noctua C14S for all overclocking so far Noctua Industrial PWM fan 2000rpm rated (700rpm inaudible)
Memory Gskill Trident Z Royal Silver F4-4600C18D-16GTRS running at 4500Mhz 17-17-17-37 (new mem OC) : )
Video Card(s) AMD WX 4100 Workstation Card (AMD W5400 7nm workstation card coming soon)
Storage Intel Optane 900P 280GB PCIe card as Primary OS drive / (4) Samsung 860Pro 256GB SATA internal
Display(s) Planar 27in 2560x1440 Glossy LG panel with glass bonded to panel for increased clarity
Case CaseLabs Mercury S8 open bench chassis two-tone black front cover with gunmetal frame
Audio Device(s) Creative $25 2.1 speakers lol
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 700watt fanless
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3 graphite / Glorious Model D matte black / Razer Invicta mousing mat gunmetal
Keyboard HHKB Hybrid Type-S black printed keycaps
Software Work Apps text and statistical
Benchmark Scores Single Thread scores at 5.6Ghz: Cinebench R15 ST - 249 CPU-Z ST - 676 PassMark CPU ST - 3389
Finally made it to Lambda Complex. :clap:

Been working on it since Christmas. lol First time play-through, I'm a slow gamer...

Do I get to drive that truck? vroom vroom Look at that health, I gonna die, I'm gonna die. :cry:

20200512141740_1.jpg

20200512141824_1.jpg

Down we go, oh this is scary... :eek:

20200512142154_1.jpg

Processor i7 9700K @ 5.0ghz
Motherboard ASROCK Phantom Gaming Mini ITX
Cooling NZXT Kraken X62
Memory Crucial 16GB RAM @ 3200mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Super
Storage 2TB Silicon Power NVME M2
Display(s) Dell 27" 1440p 144hz
Case NZXT H200i
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void RGB Wireless Headset
Power Supply Seasonic 650
Mouse Steel Series Rival 650 Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K65 RGB Mechnical Wireless
Software WIN 10
These days when i have time, mainly just the Warzone mode on the new Modern Warfare. Battle Royale genre is the shitttttttttttttttt

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
What is best in life?

View attachment 155007
View attachment 155008

When your so good at something that people accuse you of cheating.
I feel you man. Back in the Quake days people whined about me the same way. They had no idea that there was method to my rocket-jumping-off-someones-head-to-kill-them madness. You run around the level picking up all the health, armor and ammo, pogo off someones head and go waste the wankers, repeat. I'm sure you're doing something similar.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Man! Deus Ex Human Revolution. Holy shit!

I quick saved and loaded all four choices but I still can't choose. Choose I mean that satisfies my brain.

I empathize with human ambition to overcome natural obstacles but Sarif's choice will give too much power to corporations.

I know absolute freedom is absolute chaos but what gives limited number of people the authority what and how humankind should progress? It just gives government too much power.

I agree with Hugh that in an ideal world the truth will set us free. But we're not living in one. One man's shoddy research paper destroyed decades of vaccination effeorts and brought back diseases we forgot the names of. Imagine that Hugh's message that every achievement, every betterment humanity has done is just for the sake of illuminati or chosen few because they let them...

I think that sacrificing the Panchaea and burying the truth seems like a noble cause. Let humanity sort what to do on their own, without interference by people like Darrow, Sarif or Taggart. But others will take on their mantle. New corporations, new administrations will try to change the outcome while illuminati or the council or whatever will still play the fate of humanity like chess pieces.

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Few percents more for my FF X-2 100% playthrough.

Next game probably RE3 again, just fifth playthrough yet. :laugh:

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX 4070 Ti Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x 1TB MX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Black; 2x 4TB WD Black; 1x 1TB BX500 SSD; 1x 6TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) Infievo 27" 165Hz @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-1000 Gold
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
On my 4th playthrough of State of Decay 2, trying to have a 100 day survival community. I'm not rushing through anything. I want to clear every resource from the map this time before continuing with the final story arc.

Lately the active amount of RAM being used by the game has been about 9.7GB. Coupled with system use, RAM usage has nearly maxed out on a 16GB system. It's actually cause some game crashes (on an admittedly somewhat buggy game anyway) on certain collision of object boxes when it would climb above 9.8. I had 32 GB set of RAM ready in waiting to upgrade, but was too lazy to install it for several weeks now. Yes, the easiest upgrade possible, LOL. Put the new set in the other day.

My suspicions appear to be correct about running out of RAM. Now with 32, the game has found where it wants to be at about 10.4GB of RAM. No crashes at all on the last two sessions. I figure this will be the trend for games anyway, especially for every gameplay and visual category maxed out and a complete lack of loading screens that the open world of SoD2 is.

Last edited:
System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .E-52699, Xeon play thing
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero,4 MR9A PRO ATX X99
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu 4 360 AIO
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400 4 64GB 2133 in quad channel
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. 4 Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd 4. 2gb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , 2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. 3.17" 120 hz display 4. Acer Preditor 144hz 32inch.z
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3 4. some cheapo case that should not be named.
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard 4. onboard.
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w. 4 RM850w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win11 pro 2. win11 pro 3, win11 home 4 win11 pro
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
ive been trying to play Alien Isolation in VR but im darned if but im scared shitless , no otheir game has ever freaked me out + its hard as hell not to get ALienized its brutal , ill have to see if there is a chicken setting :)

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
I feel you man. Back in the Quake days people whined about me the same way. They had no idea that there was method to my rocket-jumping-off-someones-head-to-kill-them madness. You run around the level picking up all the health, armor and ammo, pogo off someones head and go waste the wankers, repeat. I'm sure you're doing something similar.

There is no other way to play Quake. You suppose to spam rockets, kill everyone, jump off their heads, and sometimes, kill yourself in the process.

Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
ive been trying to play Alien Isolation in VR but im darned if but im scared shitless , no otheir game has ever freaked me out + its hard as hell not to get ALienized its brutal , ill have to see if there is a chicken setting :)
Even without VR, I spent most of my time hiding under a desk or in a cupboard, refusing to come out. Scariest game I've ever played, no question.

System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .E-52699, Xeon play thing
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero,4 MR9A PRO ATX X99
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu 4 360 AIO
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400 4 64GB 2133 in quad channel
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. 4 Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd 4. 2gb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , 2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. 3.17" 120 hz display 4. Acer Preditor 144hz 32inch.z
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3 4. some cheapo case that should not be named.
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard 4. onboard.
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w. 4 RM850w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win11 pro 2. win11 pro 3, win11 home 4 win11 pro
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
yes mate the flat game is not for the faint hearted, hearing the alien creeping about is scariey enough but in VR its beyond, im enjoying it in short doses, the AI seams to work well if not a bit keen in VR or VR might just seam that way.

Last edited: