• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FF] Phill's little giveaway!!

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Don't do that ,second class is fine, no rush Phill and much appreciated :).
I'll send everything at least recorded mail mate, so we have a bit of cover should anything go Pete Tong :D I'll get it tested now and let you know the minute I've got back from the Postie!! :D

we are looking at getting a whole new array on the ground this time shopping around for quotes and prob going to have to get a bank loan to do it but the last setup payed us back many times so im not too worried about the lay out of the cost.
I will definitely be getting another array when I move house, I need it to power all these damn PCs I have about the house!! :D :D Plus gotta do it, for science!! :D :D

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
Big thanks to Phill for his generosity!

Processor Threadripper 3955WX
Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 4U SP3
Memory G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3733 (2x8GB)
Video Card(s) 5700XT + 3x RX 590
Storage A lot
Display(s) ViewSonic G225fB
Case Corsair 760T
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Z SE
Power Supply be quiet! DPP12 1500W
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
That's a shame but at least it will help with the power :) Solar has become more expensive now as everyone wishes to have it but that only jacks up the prices for everyone trying to get it!! lol I've no idea what the inverter costs for me, but the system back in 2017 when I bought mine was about £4500 installed which I didn't think was bad and has helped massively with the rising power costs :)
The parts were relatively cheap for me but the installers are expensive asf and the best part is that they don't have any official qualification to justify such prices, because it doesn't exists. Their papers are made up by some private association that charges them for the training, -like with air conditioner installers, there are no HVAC technicians in my country- so it's exactly the same if I pay $2000 to some rando to install the solar or do it myself, we both have the same qualifications for the job.

I asked 6 different guys before doing it myself and they had the audacity to tell me that they "do install the wiring but don't fix the walls afterwards" so I'd also have to pay a contractor to fix and paint the walls LOL. What a joke.

This solar will come in handy to cope with the week-long outages we have during summer so that the generator isn't on for over 8 hours in a row.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Don't do that ,second class is fine, no rush Phill and much appreciated :).
Well sir, its on the way!! :D :D Sadly it was a little heavy to have it sent via Special Delivery/Recorded mail which is a bit of a pain but.... Its gone via Parcel Force for a 48 hour delivery which is kinda annoying as I must have been away with the fairies and missed the price for the 24 hour service... DOH! It weighed in just under 3.1 kgs so I hope it'll be with you Tuesday at the latest my good sir :)

Here's a few test pics I grabbed (as promised!) when I was just making sure it worked before sending it :) Sadly me being dumb, I never put it under a load to show that either :( Damn it... Still... :) Here's some pics !!

20221014_145305.jpg 20221014_145538.jpg 20221014_151007.jpg 20221014_151202.jpg 20221014_152140.jpg

I do hope its packaged alright :) I think the only thing the PSU is missing are the molex cables, I believe its got everything else... 2 of the PCIe cables - 8 and 6 pin, motherboard, 8 pin CPU and 7 SATA power connectors, 4 plug and 3 plug. :) I'll PM you the tracking number too :)

Big thanks to Phill for his generosity!
Its the least I can do for everyone considering all the help I'm not around here!! :laugh:
The parts were relatively cheap for me but the installers are expensive asf and the best part is that they don't have any official qualification to justify such prices, because it doesn't exists. Their papers are made up by some private association that charges them for the training, -like with air conditioner installers, there are no HVAC technicians in my country- so it's exactly the same if I pay $2000 to some rando to install the solar or do it myself, we both have the same qualifications for the job.

I asked 6 different guys before doing it myself and they had the audacity to tell me that they "do install the wiring but don't fix the walls afterwards" so I'd also have to pay a contractor to fix and paint the walls LOL. What a joke.

This solar will come in handy to cope with the week-long outages we have during summer so that the generator isn't on for over 8 hours in a row.
I'd hate to ask what the install price was, they just gave me the full price with everything installed.. It's all OK for me as its in my utility room, just tucked out the way as everything in there is surface mounted, so, I'm not overly worried about it and I'm not chasing out anything more than I've already done in this house lol

Still, there we go, hopefully there's a few more little things to package up soon too :)

What an awesome giveaway @phill !!!!!

You da man!!!!!!! :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

If things end up being shipped overseas, I'd for sure be interested in the Crosshair V Formula Z!!!

Would for sure have to check on cost of shipping first. :p
Do you need any RAM or a CPU to go with this one @stinger608 ??! I'll have a look for some RAM but I might need to grab a CPU unless you have something... I'll keep my eye out for you :)
Hiya Phil, great give-away hombre.
I sure would love a spare PSU but alas i am in Spain. I would of course paypal you the shipping costs if that works?
Lemme know :)
@Hugis apologies I might have missed it, but I have the G2 left at the moment, would that be OK with you?? :) I'll get the G2 and G3 tested today and pics posted, we'll sort out about postage :)

Are you part of our crunching team as well Hugis??

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
Absolute Star, many thanks Phil.
Even giving stuff away your going beyond and testing them, top guy.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Absolute Star, many thanks Phil.
Even giving stuff away your going beyond and testing them, top guy.
I like to try and be helpful and with all the damn hardware here that I don't put to use I think I'll have a big sort through and then see what I'm going to do with some of the stuff I'm not so fussed with when it comes to the collecting... Might end up giving that away too :)

Let me know when you receive it... I like surprises :D :D ;) :twitch:
Is that a RTX 4090 I spy... :fear:
No sadly no RTX 4090's here.. I've a few 3090's, 3080's, 3070's mind.. Never finished the range off with a 3060 or 3050 mind :laugh: No need for upgrading for me this time around :) Very happy with my system aside from the monitor I am using...

But on another note, I am considering to completely over haul my monitors for my PCs so, I'm toying with doing another give away with all the 1080P screens I have here. All still in perfectly good working order, but that might take a little time......

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Do you need any RAM or a CPU to go with this one @stinger608 ??! I'll have a look for some RAM but I might need to grab a CPU unless you have something... I'll keep my eye out for you :)

I have plenty of DDR3 on hand.
However, I guess I didn't realize it was an AM3/AM3+ board. I don't have any CPU's at all for AM3 boards. If you have one laying around, that would be great, however, if you don't, don't go out looking for one brother.
If someone else is wanting/needing that board and has the proper CPU, by all means, send it to them.

System Name "Icy Resurrection"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.4V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Galax Stealth STL-03
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
I just wanna say that this is awesome. I hope you find a great new home to most of those playthings.

:peace::lovetpu:

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
@phill See if anyone else may want the board first, ATM I had some medical stuff suddenly come up that's thrown it all into the spin cycle and I'm having to deal with all that first.
Later on if no one has layed claim I may still be interested but right now let's see if there are any other takers.

System Name Master
Processor Pair of Xeon X5675's @ 4.3
Motherboard SR-2 Classified
Memory 12 GB of Corsair Dominator GT's @ 2000 7-7-7-21
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX680
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750
However, I guess I didn't realize it was an AM3/AM3+ board. I don't have any CPU's at all for AM3 boards. If you have one laying around, that would be great, however, if you don't, don't go out looking for one brother.
If someone else is wanting/needing that board and has the proper CPU, by all means, send it to them.
I can help you with CPU. ;)
Message me.

Phill, you're awesome. :)

stinger608

Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I have plenty of DDR3 on hand.
I can help you with CPU. ;)
Message me.

Phill, you're awesome. :)
So I take it @stinger608 that's sorted now?? :D
@phill See if anyone else may want the board first, ATM I had some medical stuff suddenly come up that's thrown it all into the spin cycle and I'm having to deal with all that first.
Later on if no one has layed claim I may still be interested but right now let's see if there are any other takers.
It's no problem at all, quite honestly, I'd like to send it to someone who will make use of it, I know some of this hardware is a little unique and might not appeal to most so I'd just rather it goes into the right hands that will enjoy it :)
I just wanna say that this is awesome. I hope you find a great new home to most of those playthings.

:peace::lovetpu:
Thank you :D I try to help wherever I can but I love hardware and quite honestly have too much, so this is a good way to cut back a little :D :laugh:

stinger608

Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
So I take it @stinger608 that's sorted now??

Yes sir. I'm quite sure that @Mr.Scott and I can come to some kind of arrangement on a CPU. :respect:

Sometimes. :cool:

Oh come on bro, don't underestimate yourself! You have helped so many community members, including myself, many many times man!

It's more than sometimes. :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect::respect:

Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Storage A lot
Case Corsair 760T
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
I can only wonder, is this thread real or just an elaborate prank?
People giving things away for free? never seen that where I live, heck people wouldn't give me the time of day for free around here.

They'd rather smash them with a hammer than giving them to someone in need. They cut clothes in half and take the soles out of shoes on purpose so poor people don't pick them up from the trash, I don't do that but unfortunately that's how the vast majority behaves, nobody cares about others, at all. COVID was the ultimate proof for me, even those I considered my friends at one point showed their true colours in 2020, making parties and attending face mask burning rallies against the regime or some sh#t, they tried to make it political but deep inside it wasn't, they just hated the fact that someone else was telling them to care about others instead of being the usual selfish pricks.
Hardware communities are no different, local forums are toxic cesspools made up of males angry with everything and everyone that can't even glimpse 1% of the idea of women liking computers or talking about them, and that's why I'm here and not in those dumpsters.

It's nice to see people not being rancid for a change, gives me a bit of hope in this world. What you do here is nice, it goes beyond giving components for free, it's a gesture of kindness I suppose. Hope whoever gets the parts can see that too, and enjoy them. Perhaps something so rare for me is common in the outside world, as I like to call it, everywhere else.
I'm tired, boss. Tired of being on the road, lonely as a sparrow in the rain. Tired of not ever having me a buddy to be with, or tell me where we's coming from or going to, or why. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly to each other.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
People giving things away for free? never seen that where I live, heck people wouldn't give me the time of day for free around here.

They'd rather smash them with a hammer than giving them to someone in need. They cut clothes in half and take the soles out of shoes on purpose so poor people don't pick them up from the trash, I don't do that but unfortunately that's how the vast majority behaves, nobody cares about others, at all. COVID was the ultimate proof for me, even those I considered my friends at one point showed their true colours in 2020, making parties and attending face mask burning rallies against the regime or some sh#t, they tried to make it political but deep inside it wasn't, they just hated the fact that someone else was telling them to care about others instead of being the usual selfish pricks.
Hardware communities are no different, local forums are toxic cesspools made up of males angry with everything and everyone that can't even glimpse 1% of the idea of women liking computers or talking about them, and that's why I'm here and not in those dumpsters.

It's nice to see people not being rancid for a change, gives me a bit of hope in this world. What you do here is nice, it goes beyond giving components for free, it's a gesture of kindness I suppose. Hope whoever gets the parts can see that too, and enjoy them. Perhaps something so rare for me is common in the outside world, as I like to call it, everywhere else.
It's legit, I'll gladly vouch for phill on that.

System Name Master
Yes sir. I'm quite sure that @Mr.Scott and I can come to some kind of arrangement on a CPU. :respect:
Pretty much just tell me what you're looking for and you can have it. Just cover shipping. ;)

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet

Oh come on bro, don't underestimate yourself! You have helped so many community members, including myself, many many times man!

It's more than sometimes. :respect: :respect: :respect: :respect::respect:
Well that's awesome news mate and I'd have just grabbed one to make sure you had something to use with it if not, I don't think they are over priced as yet are they??

If there was something that you are after and I can help and have it, I'd willingly prove that this is no joke :) I've been extremely lucky with the hardware I have and the level of stupid and crazy that I have when it comes to buying and what I buy with PC kit. I feel whilst this hardware in the pictures might not really help massively to making any one a master cruncher or folder, I hope it might help someone if there is some use for anyone whether it be a spare motherboard or a PSU or even a rad.. I believe in trying to help people and whilst I wish I had more cash so I could do better and bigger giveaways, hopefully the time will come for that :) I guess its depends on whether or not people would respect what someone could do or possibly go the other way and just take it for granted or treat the person poorly. I'd just like to help people, so that's all I'm trying right now :)
It's legit, I'll gladly vouch for phill on that.
Thank you @Bones appreciate it!! I suppose we could go back to the other giveaway I did with the servers??....

EDIT - Found the link .... Phill's server giveaway!!
Pretty much just tell me what you're looking for and you can have it. Just cover shipping. ;)
I don't believe @Mr.Scott would have that much hardware surely?? ;) :D

Last edited:
System Name Master

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
LOL. You have no idea. :toast:
It sounds like your serious ;) :D

But I can only say that is just impressive and awesome !! I've a few bits and pieces here but I'm sure its dwarfed by some of the collections on this forum :)

System Name Master
It sounds like your serious ;) :D

But I can only say that is just impressive and awesome !! I've a few bits and pieces here but I'm sure its dwarfed by some of the collections on this forum :)
My wife calls me a hoarder.
Problem is, she only sees about half of it. :rolleyes:

Motherboard M12SWA-TF
Storage A lot
Case Corsair 760T
Keyboard IBM F122
Software 10 LTSC
If there was something that you are after and I can help and have it, I'd willingly prove that this is no joke :) I've been extremely lucky with the hardware I have and the level of stupid and crazy that I have when it comes to buying and what I buy with PC kit. I feel whilst this hardware in the pictures might not really help massively to making any one a master cruncher or folder, I hope it might help someone if there is some use for anyone whether it be a spare motherboard or a PSU or even a rad.. I believe in trying to help people and whilst I wish I had more cash so I could do better and bigger giveaways, hopefully the time will come for that :) I guess its depends on whether or not people would respect what someone could do or possibly go the other way and just take it for granted or treat the person poorly. I'd just like to help people, so that's all I'm trying right now :)
Could really use that G2 PSU but there's no way I could import anything, I'm simply not important enough to have such privilege where I live, it's not something anyone can do like idk in the UK.
Just wanted to say what you do is superb and that's it.

:lovetpu:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
My wife calls me a hoarder.
Problem is, she only sees about half of it. :rolleyes:
Well sounds an impressive collection :D :D Would love to see some of it sometime!!
Could really use that G2 PSU but there's no way I could import anything, I'm simply not important enough to have such privilege where I live, it's not something anyone can do like idk in the UK.
Just wanted to say what you do is superb and that's it.

:lovetpu:
Well there's an issue with that one, which I'll post up later, but question for you - If you where to buy hardware, where would you buy from??