• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPU's Nostalgic Hardware Club

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer w/ 2x 240 rads
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF w/ EKWB FC
Storage ~4TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 + Lenovo 32" 4K60
Case Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse MX518 og
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
Quoting myself to maintain context for this last post about console stuff, then I'm moving on.
I do have the title as stated above and it's a rare one so I decided to digout the "Core" of my SNES collection of games to show off here.

All of these except for "Secret of Mana" was purchased brandnew by yours truly back in the day so yes, I'm the original owner of them and all shown are 100% genuine originals from back in the day, no modern remakes or whatnot here.
There are others here with collector appeal and value too but these are the best and rarest ones I've got that I'm aware of.

If one of the others I've got (Not shown or mentioned) is even more collectible/valueable, then I'm personally not aware of it.
Note that the majority are all Squaresoft games, the ones that helped to make Square the company we know today and there is no need to introduce these to you guys.

There are a couple by Koei, these being of lower production by the numbers (Volume) of games made but the game quality itself is rather high and that's what makes these titles sought after and valueable as well. Both are strategy games in that you try to outsmart the AI to beat the game within a setting/situation presented to you.

"PTO II" lets you play either as Japan or America's side of the Pacific conflict during WWII and you get to decide and control the strategies and tactics used for victory along with production of wartime materials, supplies, equipment and so on - Plus control over fleet movements, objectives and deployments too. It's a simple yet very deep game to play once you get into it all.

"Gemfire" isn't as realistic or extensive but it still lets you do all the basic things in a fantasy/medival setting.
Unlike "PTO II" it's a less serious/more fun side of things Koei made back in the day.

Enjoy.

View attachment 268846
Screw that naming with FF IV and VI :D

That could be due to the computer being slow to process the print job or the actual printer is really slow.

Is it running directly to the computer or is it running through a switch or router? If running through a switch, router, or wirelessly, it can take a bit for the print process to complete.This is my old modal
I must admit i prefered my old HP ENVY 5000.I am using it on a USB conection to PC in my case it is a MAC.It seems they want you to use Wireless with everything
That could be due to the computer being slow to process the print job or the actual printer is really slow.

Is it running directly to the computer or is it running through a switch or router? If running through a switch, router, or wirelessly, it can take a bit for the print process to complete.
It is running on a Mac desktop on USB ,i don,t use WIFI.My last printer was the same make a 5000 and had no problems with it.I do prefer the older modal I prefer the design and the way it worked ,to the new one ,the blue light in the new one is annoying ,apparently they say the blue is saying WIFI is set up i am not using WHFI.I can,t anyway because i don,t have or want a smart phone.https://youtu.be/NKtfBw5kJJE?t=6

it seems everything has to be WHFI these days ,i am old school hence being on this forum,i am Retro all the way. :)
Can i have WHFI without a smart phone?

Last edited:
Guess the card :p

Geforce FX5950?
6800 Ultra. Easy to distinguish from other 6800 series' cards as Ultra is the only with 2 molex connectors. 6800 GT uses the same PCB but it has only one power connector.
I was close..

Quoting myself to maintain context for this last post about console stuff, then I'm moving on.
I do have the title as stated above and it's a rare one so I decided to digout the "Core" of my SNES collection of games to show off here.

All of these except for "Secret of Mana" was purchased brandnew by yours truly back in the day so yes, I'm the original owner of them and all shown are 100% genuine originals from back in the day, no modern remakes or whatnot here.
There are others here with collector appeal and value too but these are the best and rarest ones I've got that I'm aware of.

If one of the others I've got (Not shown or mentioned) is even more collectible/valueable, then I'm personally not aware of it.
Note that the majority are all Squaresoft games, the ones that helped to make Square the company we know today and there is no need to introduce these to you guys.

There are a couple by Koei, these being of lower production by the numbers (Volume) of games made but the game quality itself is rather high and that's what makes these titles sought after and valueable as well. Both are strategy games in that you try to outsmart the AI to beat the game within a setting/situation presented to you.

"PTO II" lets you play either as Japan or America's side of the Pacific conflict during WWII and you get to decide and control the strategies and tactics used for victory along with production of wartime materials, supplies, equipment and so on - Plus control over fleet movements, objectives and deployments too. It's a simple yet very deep game to play once you get into it all.

"Gemfire" isn't as realistic or extensive but it still lets you do all the basic things in a fantasy/medival setting.
Unlike "PTO II" it's a less serious/more fun side of things Koei made back in the day.

Enjoy.

View attachment 268846
That is a most excellent collection!

Last edited:

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer w/ 2x 240 rads
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF w/ EKWB FC
Storage ~4TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 + Lenovo 32" 4K60
Case Define Mini C
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse MX518 og
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
System Name Donnager
Processor 13900KS, lapped and contact frame
Motherboard Asus Z790 Hero
Cooling Heatkiller IV CPU block, Heatkiller V GPU block, GTX 480mm radiator, D5 pump
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury 7200C38
Video Card(s) eVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3
Storage Optane 380GB M.2 OS drive, M.2 2TB game drive
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 120Hz 3440x1440
Case Fractal Meshify 2 XL
Audio Device(s) Outlaw RR2150 stereo receiver driving DIY kits, Schiit Asgard for Sennheiser HD6XX headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime 1000W
I have a blown up BFG 5700 Ultra that I volt modded the core and mem on. Can't remember the failure mode, but the card was a POS anyway.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Can i have WHFI without a smart phone?
Most likely yes, they just use smartphones as the default setup method as more people have them than PCs, they allow for easy app installation, etc. Check the user manual for the printer - there's almost definitely some other way of setting it up. If I were to guess, the printer most likely sets up a WiFi Direct network that you can connect to, then you can access its configuration interface through some web portal and have it connect to your home network - but as I said, I'm guessing. Check the manual.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
That is a most excellent collection!
Thanks!
That's just what I call the "Core" (Best) of it, I have more carts and a few others like these I was reminded about somewhere around here.
I'm guessing I've got at least 30 carts or more here I've either bought new like those (Except for "Secret of Mana" - Used) or I had bought used to have a copy of it.

Most likely yes, they just use smartphones as the default setup method as more people have them than PCs, they allow for easy app installation, etc. Check the user manual for the printer - there's almost definitely some other way of setting it up. If I were to guess, the printer most likely sets up a WiFi Direct network that you can connect to, then you can access its configuration interface through some web portal and have it connect to your home network - but as I said, I'm guessing. Check the manual.
I have three versions of Mac OS,s and got it working on the latest one.I don,t rally need WHFI anyway.I have been trying to download manuals for my PS1 games i got from my local brick brack Market.They were all stuck together i wasted a lot of time soaking them with no luck. o_O Then i tried downloding the manuals and wasted a lot of ink in the proces:(The black ink is down to a half, and this is from official HPXL ink ,but paid a lot less than i would for them as they were from a private seller .I only managed to do two manuals.It would have been cheaper to buy the manuals. You live and learn.:) just wish i could have got the same modal as my old one.But no one was selling a new one of them.:(

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have three versions of Mac OS,s and got it working on the latest one.I don,t rally need WHFI anyway.I have been trying to download manuals for my PS1 games i got from my local brick brack Market.They were all stuck together i wasted a lot of time soaking them with no luck. o_O Then i tried downloding the manuals and wasted a lot of ink in the proces:(The black ink is down to a half, and this is from official HPXL ink ,but paid a lot less than i would for them as they were from a private seller .I only managed to do two manuals.It would have been cheaper to buy the manuals. You live and learn.:) just wish i could have got the same modal as my old one.But no one was selling a new one of them.:(
Printing at home in any type of half-decent quality gets expensive fast, unless you get one of those Epson EcoTank printers where you can buy ink in bulk and refill it yourself. Ink cartridges are stupidly expensive (which is why printers are so cheap). Even then, good paper is also pretty expensive, and of course finding thin, glossy paper like what you'd have in a game manual that is inkjet printable is not trivial either.

As for WiFi on printers: IMO it's how printers should have always worked. Having a printer connected directly to a single PC is incredibly annoying if you have multiple users or even just multiple devices in use. Ethernet obviously also works, but isn't really worth it for a printer - unless you happen to have it next to your router or an Ethernet outlet. Printers generally don't need the stability or bandwidth offered by Ethernet, so WiFi does the job fantastically. (As long as it works - my old HP printer had the habit of refusing to reconnect to WiFi after being asleep/idle, forcing a hard power cycle to restore it, which sucked.)

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Printing at home in any type of half-decent quality gets expensive fast, unless you get one of those Epson EcoTank printers where you can buy ink in bulk and refill it yourself. Ink cartridges are stupidly expensive (which is why printers are so cheap). Even then, good paper is also pretty expensive, and of course finding thin, glossy paper like what you'd have in a game manual that is inkjet printable is not trivial either.

Or, go with a laser jet printer. The toner cartridges last a ton longer and are much cheaper than inkjet cartridges.

As for WiFi on printers: IMO it's how printers should have always worked. Having a printer connected directly to a single PC is incredibly annoying if you have multiple users or even just multiple devices in use. Ethernet obviously also works, but isn't really worth it for a printer - unless you happen to have it next to your router or an Ethernet outlet. Printers generally don't need the stability or bandwidth offered by Ethernet, so WiFi does the job fantastically. (As long as it works - my old HP printer had the habit of refusing to reconnect to WiFi after being asleep/idle, forcing a hard power cycle to restore it, which sucked.)
Yes i get your point there, and the ink like you say is very expensive.:(I would like to have shares in ink:).I always used Refurbished ink and never had any problem with them until the last lot i got for the old printer.;like everything else prices have gone sky high.This when came without ink it was an open box.I paid 30 pounds for the old one about six years ago of course it came with the started inks which don,t last long.I was not worried about using expansive paper.There is just me using the PC,s i have so no problem there.:)I can,t get sound on some of my of PI. os, it works on Apple PI OS. Ubuntu 22 lts and Raspion Mac-berry.but not on Raspberry buster 32bit.The number one PI man i have sound card adapter like his but it was a good make UGREEN works on the ones that have the sound on there.It did not work for me.:(I don,t know why PI Os,s don,t have sound out of the it is no good having a PI with no sound. :(A living room and bedroom combined.a long hall way but can,t live there. :(

Or, go with a laser jet printer. The toner cartridges last a ton longer and are much cheaper than inkjet cartridges.
I did get one but could not get on with it.Plus the fact it takes up to much room i live in a small ,well they call it a studio flat.:(No luck i just put Raspberry pi 32bit and trying lees fix with no luck :(I am trying Manjaro.
I got but it would not accept my password :( There is no imager on there.I don,t get it.o_O

Last edited:
System Name Main W10
Processor i7 2700K
Motherboard Gig Z77 HD4
Cooling Xigmatech Tower Cooler
Memory 16 GB G-Skill 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1080ti 11GB
Storage WD Gold 2 TB HD
Display(s) Acer 27" 1440P
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element DAC/AMP
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 650 watt
Mouse MX 518
Keyboard Cherry 3000 with Blues
I am with this guy sound should work out of the box on LINUX.
Sound working now got working on Manjaro KDE Plasm and Twister os thank god. :)

Last edited:
System Name Main W10
Processor i7 2700K
Motherboard Gig Z77 HD4
Cooling Xigmatech Tower Cooler
Memory 16 GB G-Skill 1600Mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1080ti 11GB
Storage WD Gold 2 TB HD
Display(s) Acer 27" 1440P
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Audio Device(s) JDS Labs Element DAC/AMP
Power Supply Rosewill Hive 650 watt
Mouse MX 518
Keyboard Cherry 3000 with Blues
After seeing Amiga video on YOUTUBE I decided to grab some quick dirty photos of my "very special unique A1200 Motherboard".

The first thing to grab most user that know this motherboard will be most of the chipset is socketed. This has an advantage if you blow-up a chip. Just remove & insert new chip. This makes this motherboard nearly impossible to destroy. You can batch test chipsets on this motherboard, but this is not what it was modded for. ...I do have sockets here to complete the final two large chip that's not in a socket.

OSCILLATOR: If you look carefully, I have removed oscillator which is also socketed. The crystal oscillator itself is also custom built "low PPM" ...PPM=parts per million.

FPU: The next thing you will notice is this A1200 has FPU also socketed. From factory FPU are not fitted to any A1200 Motherboards.

CPU: Next we come to the processor. The processor markings on this motherboard are different even thou internally it's the same as the normally Motorola processor. However. this motherboard has a 25MHz processor with the "Freescale" logo/markings.

CHIP MEMORY: This is what make this motherboard unique. It has 60ns memory compared to the normal 70 or 80ns memory fitted to all A1200 motherboards. AFAIK this is the only A1200 motherboard to have this.

The idea at that time was to hack the motherboard & the Rom Chips to take advantage of the faster processor & chip ram, but this never happened. but I do have better tools now, so I may return back to hacking this motherboard.

Attachments

• WIN_20221111_12_49_47_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221111_12_49_47_Pro.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 56
  • WIN_20221111_12_52_26_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221111_12_52_26_Pro.jpg
    308 KB · Views: 63
  • WIN_20221111_12_53_51_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221111_12_53_51_Pro.jpg
    513 KB · Views: 54
  • WIN_20221111_12_54_27_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221111_12_54_27_Pro.jpg
    314.7 KB · Views: 52
System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
After seeing Amiga video on YOUTUBE I decided to grab some quick dirty photos of my "very special unique A1200 Motherboard".

The first thing to grab most user that know this motherboard will be most of the chipset is socketed. This has an advantage if you blow-up a chip. Just remove & insert new chip. This makes this motherboard nearly impossible to destroy. You can batch test chipsets on this motherboard, but this is not what it was modded for. ...I do have sockets here to complete the final two large chip that's not in a socket.

OSCILLATOR: If you look carefully, I have removed oscillator which is also socketed. The crystal oscillator itself is also custom built "low PPM" ...PPM=parts per million.

FPU: The next thing you will notice is this A1200 has FPU also socketed. From factory FPU are not fitted to any A1200 Motherboards.

CPU: Next we come to the processor. The processor markings on this motherboard are different even thou internally it's the same as the normally Motorola processor. However. this motherboard has a 25MHz processor with the "Freescale" logo/markings.

CHIP MEMORY: This is what make this motherboard unique. It has 60ns memory compared to the normal 70 or 80ns memory fitted to all A1200 motherboards. AFAIK this is the only A1200 motherboard to have this.

The idea at that time was to hack the motherboard & the Rom Chips to take advantage of the faster processor & chip ram, but this never happened. but I do have better tools now, so I may return back to hacking this motherboard.
first and fourth pics are a blurry mess, i am not immune to that kind of shot but these are ultra blurry, to the point i took my optical glass thinking my eyesight gone bad again :laugh: (i have hypermetropia astigmatism, usually without glass i am fine ;) )

not for the Netbook ... (it only has one slot and it's already a 1gb in ... with Win 7 Started Ed. i could go for a 2gb, ot a 4gb but 32bit OS only, unless i switch to linux for it ... but i have a Lenovo G50-70 to fiddle with ... since it has a 4XXX series i7 it's more agreable than the Atom, and retro enough :p )
1667238800967.jpg

first and fourth pics are a blurry mess, i am not immune to that kind of shot but these are ultra blurry, to the point i took my optical glass thinking my eyesight gone bad again :laugh: (i have hypermetropia astigmatism, usually without glass i am fine ;) )

not for the Netbook ... (it only has one slot and it's already a 1gb in ... with Win 7 Started Ed. i could go for a 2gb, ot a 4gb but 32bit OS only, unless i switch to linux for it ... but i have a Lenovo G50-70 to fiddle with ... since it has a 4XXX series i7 it's more agreable than the Atom, and retro enough :p )
View attachment 269663
I just looked that up i had no idea what *hypermetropia astigmatism*ment.Thats the wonder of the internet you can find out about anything. :) How did we mange without it.o_O12 54 27 is a bit blurry but the the rest look fine :)

Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
I just looked that up i had no idea what *hypermetropia astigmatism*ment.Thats the wonder of the internet you can find out about anything. :) How did we mange without it.o_O12 54 27 is a bit blurry but the the rest look fine :)
12 49 47 is even blurrier than 12 54 27 :laugh:

here it's how it look for me
1668259146358.png

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah both the first and fourth shots are blurry AF, entirely unreadable, with the second being kinda blurry but okay (PCB is sharp, chips are not).

12 49 47 is even blurrier than 12 54 27 :laugh:

here it's how it look for me
View attachment 269665
Yeah both the first and fourth shots are blurry AF, entirely unreadable, with the second being kinda blurry but okay (PCB is sharp, chips are not).

I'm using a webcam held in one hand & my other hand on the mouse. It's not easy to get a perfect focus shot when I have to look at the laptop screen. I could go back & take better photos, but the main purpose of the photos is to show the sockets. Also, my mod retains the inner most plastic in every socket when compared to a number of user(s) that seem to remove the inner most plastic.

I will upload more photos to show what is retain when chip(s) is removed. The inner most plastic is there for structural integrity. If I remember correctly all my sockets retain this. I'm very disappointed to see this on Amiga website as a paid service.

VR HMD Medion Erazer
I'm using a webcam held in one hand & my other hand on the mouse. It's not easy to get a perfect focus shot when I have to look at the laptop screen. I could go back & take better photos, but the main purpose of the photos is to show the sockets. Also, my mod retains the inner most plastic in every socket when compared to a number of user(s) that seem to remove the inner most plastic.

I will upload more photos to show what is retain when chip(s) is removed. The inner most plastic is there for structural integrity. If I remember correctly all my sockets retain this.
i see the sockets, alright purpose achieved!

on the other hand i am a nitpicker that like clean shot (and curse at my own, slight out of focus, shots when i post one without noticing it :laugh: ) and love old hardware marking more than sockets! (tho i do love your sockets! )

i see the sockets, alright purpose achieved!

on the other hand i am a nitpicker that like clean shot (and curse at my own, slight out of focus, shots when i post one without noticing it :laugh: ) and love old hardware marking more than sockets! (tho i do love your sockets! )

I' was only able to remove one chip as I can't find my chip extractor. Anyway you can now see the inner plastic of the socket. "All sockets" should have this. I also circled another important role of the inner plastic holder. ...It serves as a marker for pin 1.

I forgot to add the rom socket has also changed to round pin double stacked. The reason for double stacked is you can trash the rom socket without damaging the socket that is soldered to the motherboard.

You can also see a small part of my massive collection of 128MB EDO memory, each 50ns or better. ...Bottom right world's fastest 28ns.

There also a clearer picture of the Freescale processor.

There's a clearer picture of the custom oscillator made to order by "Onspec". Factoy closed sometime in the late 90's.

Attachments

• WIN_20221112_15_58_14_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221112_15_58_14_Pro.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 39
  • WIN_20221112_16_00_22_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221112_16_00_22_Pro.jpg
    311.3 KB · Views: 43
  • WIN_20221112_16_02_31_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221112_16_02_31_Pro.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 41
  • WIN_20221112_16_03_07_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221112_16_03_07_Pro.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 45
  • WIN_20221112_16_21_33_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20221112_16_21_33_Pro.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 44
System Name HP EliteBook 725 G3
Processor AMD PRO A10-8700B (1.8 GHz CMT dual module with 3.2 GHz boost)
Motherboard HP proprietary
Cooling pretty good
Memory 8 GB SK Hynix DDR3 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon R6 (Carrizo/GCNv3)
Storage internal Kioxia XG6 1 TB NVMe SSD (aftermarket)
Display(s) HP P22h G4 21.5" 1080p (& 768p internal LCD)
Case HP proprietary metal case
Audio Device(s) built-in Conexant CX20724 HDA chipset -> Roland RH-200S
Power Supply HP-branded AC adapter
Mouse Steelseries Rival 310
Keyboard Cherry G84-5200
Software Alma Linux 9.1
Benchmark Scores Broadcom BCM94356 11ac M.2 WiFi card (aftermarket)
I am with this guy sound should work out of the box on LINUX.
Sound working now got working on Manjaro KDE Plasm and Twister os thank god. :)
I had issues with Pulseaudio (I had to replug my headphones or fiddle with pavucontrol to get the audio to come out of my headphones after a cold boot) on my ProBook 645 G1 (I guess with a 2012 CPU it may borderline qualify for this thread) running Devuan and so I just got rid of it (I have always hated it anyway and it often uses up an unnecessary amount of CPU, which matters especially with this humble APU) and now I am using (user space) ALSA with alsamixer without any issues (except the audio in Seamonkey and Firefox does not work with apulse since they apparently only output to the default device, which cannot be changed but what is most important to me is that VLC, mplayer and spotifyd work). I love the retro keyboard-controlled TUI of alsamixer too!

ksnip_20221112-124411.png

Last edited: