• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Noctua Announces $150 Flagship NH-D15 G2 CPU Coolers and NF-A14x25r G2 140mm Fans

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Air competes against air, custom liquid competes against custom liquid, AIOs compete against other AIOs (for those willing to accept a ~3-6 year useful lifespan). Gradually you suffer increased noise, decreased thermal performance, and the pump eventually dying, since continual permeation of the liquid even within sealed systems is a simple fact of physics, and these systems are not designed to be refilled. Even if you did refill them, pumps are cooled by the actual coolant and typically underpowered, so those will go, eventually. Manufacturers see fit to give 1-6 year warranties, depending, because most users will not intensely use their system, an hour or two of gaming every day and your AIO should be fine for at least three years, maybe even five or longer, this is a calculated estimate.

Servers use air, immersion or custom liquid, with powerful pumps. Consoles use air cooling too, and even the PS5 which uses a liquid metal application that most would deem rather enthusiast, still sticks to air cooling.

There are also good reasons why enterprise, experienced or professional users use air or custom loops, not AIOs. You eventually get burned.

Something something there's no such thing as a free lunch. The compromise you're making with an AIO is lifespan (and noise from the pump working close to 100%).
My Nepton 280 is still going strong. AIOs were too new to get real numbers on longevity. I don't mean those Asetek units either.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Which is not good enough in this economy & if you want to flaunt the $$$$ like you did last time go ahead.
In this economy a lot of aio coolers cost 300+$ cause of rgb and oleds and a bunch of other garbage. Yes, there are also a couple of cheap good aios, at or below 100$. I mean i get 150 is a lot for a cooler, but the good thing with an air cooler (especially a noctua one) is that you get to keep it. Forever. It will probably be working even after you pass on to the next world. 10 years from now there will be people still rocking a 10 year old d15 g2 on their brand new 99900ks or 197800 x3d.

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
I went from an aio to an air cooler for non of the reasons you mentioned. There is another major issue with aios that nobody pays attention to. Goddamn airflow. A huge radiator that blocks either your intake our your outtake. It will work fine when you have a moderate card, but with the 3090 I was using at the time an aio was just not an option. I had to choose between my cpu cooking or my gpu cooking. Switched to a U12A and lo and behold, the whole system was running much, much, much cooler during gaming.

Unless you put both your cpu and gpu on water, aio is just meh
Always kinda one of the dumb and funny things about AIOs.
GPUs have always ran hotter than the CPU but GPU AIOs are very rare and CPU air cooling will still keep your CPU cooler than an air cooled GPU.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS PROART RTX 4070 Ti-Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White, MODDIY 12VHPWR Cable
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
2 more heatpipes than the NHD15 is nice but not for that price. I'd like to get the next gen 14cm fans though but they will probably want something insane for them.

Lest I be accused of Noctua fanboying due to my system specs, all the Noctua in my rig were bought off eBay, with the NFA12x25 being $7.50 each and the NFA12x15 being $18 each, after shipped, with the exception of the NHD15 chromax, I paid retail for that. I still have a box full of NFA12x25 that I have yet to use. I basically bought 20 of them in a bulk order from some seller ~$150 for the 20.

They are great fans but really not much different from a generic fan. I also hate the color.

Last edited:

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
Disappointing.

Well, there is always the new line that Thermalright will be rolling out shortly lol..

You seen anything going for the same price it did 5 years ago? I definitely wasn't expecting the SAME price. $150 is rather high
I would like to see a fanless or single fan version come out that you can put your own fans on and save a few bucks.

Also the old D15 runs like 9db quieter than the Thermalright.

You're not wrong but they're still selling the original D15 for much cheaper, they certainly ate a lot of the raw material price increases but while it remains on shelves the D15 g2 just looks like terrible value. Even when the original D15 is out, the g2 will remain terrible value because the competition is much cheaper, like someone else said they're going the Apple "lifestyle" way, good luck with that lol

Well, the d15 g2 costs what it does because noctua actually tried to bring the costs down. The original plan was for the whole fan to be made of lcp. To translate it to $, you'd probably be looking at 60$ per fan, 120 in total without the heatsink, lol.

Wow that's just insane, whatever advantage they were to gain could easily be accomplished by going up about 2 or 3 milimeter in thickness to 28mm for example, much simpler and most of all much cheaper to do.

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
Those are for going loud.

Only if you crank them up. Better have it and not need it than need it and not have it type of stuff. They also look sick, it's the best color scheme noctua sells in my opinion, it's on you to use only the 0-50% fan speed range where they're as silent as any other fan.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Only if you crank them up. Better have it and not need it than need it and not have it type of stuff. They also look sick, it's the best color scheme noctua sells in my opinion, it's on you to use only the 0-50% fan speed range where they're as silent as any other fan.
Those are pretty terrible, outdated, they don't really push much air compared to modern designs.

System Name Personal Gaming Rig
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon
Cooling MO-RA 3 420
Memory 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 ICHILL FROSTBITE ULTRA
Storage 4x 2TB Nvme
Display(s) Samsung G8 OLED
Case Silverstone FT04
it's on you to use only the 0-50% fan speed range where they're as silent as any other fan.
If you look closely there is a minimum fan speed of 800 rpm for the PPC-3000 (450rpm for PPC-2000)
They will shut off if you go lower than 20% .

The PPC fans aren't made for silent.

System Name Old friend
Processor 3550 Ivy Bridge x 39.0 Multiplier
Memory 2x8GB 2400 RipjawsX
Video Card(s) 1070 Gaming X
Storage BX100 500GB
Display(s) 27" QHD VA Curved @120Hz
Power Supply Platinum 650W
Mouse Light² 200
Keyboard G610 Red
Air competes against air, custom liquid competes against custom liquid, AIOs compete against other AIOs (for those willing to accept a ~3-6 year useful lifespan). Gradually you suffer increased noise, decreased thermal performance, and the pump eventually dying, since continual permeation of the liquid even within sealed systems is a simple fact of physics, and these systems are not designed to be refilled. Even if you did refill them, pumps are cooled by the actual coolant and typically underpowered, so those will go, eventually. Manufacturers see fit to give 1-6 year warranties, depending, because most users will not intensely use their system, an hour or two of gaming every day and your AIO should be fine for at least three years, maybe even five or longer, this is a calculated estimate.

Servers use air, immersion or custom liquid, with powerful pumps. Consoles use air cooling too, and even the PS5 which uses a liquid metal application that most would deem rather enthusiast, still sticks to air cooling.

There are also good reasons why enterprise, experienced or professional users use air or custom loops, not AIOs. You eventually get burned.

Something something there's no such thing as a free lunch. The compromise you're making with an AIO is lifespan (and noise from the pump working close to 100%).
Interesting!

When you're talking about compromises you do that everywhere ~ with a D14, D15 or D15s you risk cracking the mobo PCB with that kind of a weight. Even if it survives, with proper handling, you're still putting a massive amount of stress on the PCB. Space is also an issue, even with this mild monstrosity I can't use every big tower cooler out there! Then of course temps, with AIO your entire system would generally run cooler & probably last longer. Less Si degradation & what not. There's a reason people, like me, switched from massive bulky air coolers to AIO. I went from Deepcool air to XPG AIO.

I doubt in weight point, one used anytime people talk big dual towers, so since like end of 2000's and D14's arrival. On one hand there're online many examples of bent boards and users accusing their coolers, but we never know how much those users helped with moving pcs around carelessly. Plus even budget boards got thicker than typical four layers and widely equipped with additional stiffeners like built-in I/O covers or fancy radiators. I personally used 1200g cooler with four-layer board not having much of such help (ASRock Z390 Extreme 4) and it didn't bend even a little. And it was four years of once a week lifting this pc when cleaning floor. That's why I doubt in this point, not counting pairing 150$ cooler with costing similarly brown boards which are the only ones close to how boards used to be. Ice Giants' owners should enter the chat and enlight us all - those beasts are not like G2's 1,5kg, but 2kg :D

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Yeah but thats not how it works. These are optimized for a higher speed curve and/or pressure over volume and made to move air optimally at that higher speed. You simply get less air moved per decibel. There are no one size fits all fans. You get optimized fans for a specific purpose and they'll be meh at the rest. Or you get something generic that'll be suboptimal at everything, but not horrible.

When you're talking about compromises you do that everywhere ~ with a D14, D15 or D15s you risk cracking the mobo PCB with that kind of a weight. Even if it survives, with proper handling, you're still putting a massive amount of stress on the PCB. Space is also an issue, even with this mild monstrosity I can't use every big tower cooler out there! Then of course temps, with AIO your entire system would generally run cooler & probably last longer. Less Si degradation & what not. There's a reason people, like me, switched from massive bulky air coolers to AIO. I went from Deepcool air to XPG AIO.

Or save something for your wallet? Noctua's probably done a great job, as always, but not $50~100 worth of it IMO & like most users out there I would chase better VFM. Slightly disappointed they haven't tried to bring down the prices of their best products over the years. Sure you can expect higher prices at the start with having to recoup R&D, labour costs et al but they've only grown more & more expensive here!
Sorry but this is bullshit and I don't see these compromises you speak of. PCBs don't just rip because you put a few kg on them. It goes wrong when you start dancing with your case and forget there's one in there. Let's stay clear of the FUD category where the bottom of intellect decides what's good and what's not. Some people just shouldn't DIY the end.

In my view this falls under the category 'don't be an idiot with your hardware' much the same as people who change their GPU bios while they just had to update a driver, or change thermal paste on brand new GPUs and then void their warranty and fail on mounting pressure, ending up with a worse result.

There's a vast number of ways you can screw up a DIY PC. Even just placing a case on high carpet can result in tragic failure, or placing one on a glass desk ;) Overtightening your cooler, whatever it is, can be catastrophic too.

And then.. AIO's running a cooler system. You sure? Case airflow is substantially worse, affecting VRMs. CPU and GPU temp might be lower, or one of them might. AIO's really offer no tangible advantage, it just looks like they do. There is NO part for sale you can't run on air that you can run on an AIO. Not one. To each their own, but an AIO to me is the wannabe watercooling, with mostly if not exclusively an epeen advantage, for a heavily inflated price and reduced lifespan on cooling. Not a single system provides tangible, noticeable benefits in performance running on AIO versus air. Its also not more silent.

Less Si degradation... sorry man but you're seeing things. 85C doesn't degrade chips. High voltages degrade chips. Temp related degradation within chip spec is a complete and utter non issue. If anything, with a lower CPU/GPU temp you might be using higher voltages because you're not temp limited and actually have higher degradation instead of lower ;) And while you do that, VRM temps are also higher because you're probably just pulling air out of the case, instead of pushing it through like you would on air.

Last edited:
System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 4080 RTX SUPER FE 16G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO, 2TB SN850X, 2TB DC P4600, 1TB 860 EVO, 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-9
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
Noctua using contact frame :D

Sorry but this is bullshit. PCBs don't just rip because you put a few kg on them. It goes wrong when you start dancing with your case and forget there's one in there. Let's stay clear of the FUD category where the bottom of intellect decides what's good and what's not. Some people just shouldn't DIY the end.
I said you can damage the PCB with that weight, which is probably more likely when installing. As for trashing the PCB with 1.5kg of weight that's unlikely with a still case but nonetheless puts a lot of stress on it, could cause micro cracks & will definitely cause some warping over time. That's a legitimate concern nothing FUD in it. We're talking about "compromises" after all.
but the good thing with an air cooler (especially a noctua one) is that you get to keep it. Forever. It will probably be working even after you pass on to the next world.
And yeah I've conceded it's the best aspect of air coolers, but it's not like they don't have downsides.

Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I said you can damage the PCB with that weight, which is probably more likely when installing. As for trashing the PCB with 1.5kg of weight that's unlikely with a still case but nonetheless puts a lot of stress on it, could cause micro cracks & will definitely cause some warping over time. That's a legitimate concern nothing FUD in it. We're talking about "compromises" after all.
So that is why we can now hang 2,5kg worth of GPU off a PCI slot alongside the potential 2kg air cooler, and still the internet is not full of horror stories and split PCBs. What we do see? Broken pcie slots! The PCB's doing fine.

Just no. Its a non issue and it only occurs as an issue if you take a case for a walk keeping it all connected - simple fix? Turn the case 90 degrees while you move it around. If that's what you call compromise okay, I just call it common sense. Its similar to micro cracking your board by overtightening a cooler, isn't it? Handle with care.

And then.. AIO's running a cooler system. You sure?
Coming from the tropics I can say the AIO cools the CPU better, GPU is roughly the same but I do have a big case so there's that.

And of course no AC, so yeah take it for what it's worth. Close to 40c ambient temps at peak summer.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
Coming from the tropics I can say the AIO cools the CPU better, GPU is roughly the same but I do have a big case so there's that.

And of course no AC, so yeah take it for what it's worth. Close to 40c ambient temps at peak summer.
Yeah that's one advantage I'll agree on. Air depends entirely on ambient, AIO / water is impacted a bit less.

I've said this so many times I'm not sure why it's hard to understand, I have no issues with air cooling but not $150 worth of it. You could in theory get two Thermalright AIO (from GN review) & run them for 10 years with much better temps & still save some money at the end. The reason I brought up AIO is because I got a heck of a deal on it, $40 for a good cooler with 5 years warranty. For $50 less, than launch price, Noctua could be worthwhile if you want to stick with it for 10 years! You're making compromises everywhere whether it be air, AIO, custom loop or passive cooling not sure why is that a point of contention either?

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Storage 1TB 980 PRO, 2TB SN850X, 2TB DC P4600, 1TB 860 EVO, 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
I purchased my NH-D15S not too long ago, but I already want this one. Noctua quality is unmatched. I'm probably gonna order one when they come around my corner of the world.
Noctua stuff lasts as well, I brought mine when I got my 9900k, I then took advantage of their free upgrade kit, to use it with my platform upgrade.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
I've said this so many times I'm not sure why it's hard to understand, I have no issues with air cooling but not $150 worth of it. You could in theory get two Thermalright AIO (from GN review) & run them for 10 years with much better temps & still save some money at the end. The reason I brought up AIO is because I got a heck of a deal on it, $40 for a good cooler with 5 years warranty. For $50 less, than launch price, Noctua could be worthwhile if you want to stick with it for 10 years! You're making compromises everywhere whether it be air, AIO, custom loop or passive cooling not sure why is that a point of contention either?
I think the issue I have with the blank statement of 'compromises everywhere' is that air really isn't compromising much if anything at all. That only applies to a heavily overpriced cooler like these Noctua's (so we agree on that one :D), but that's not a property of 'air cooling'.

Air is cheap, effective, problem free, low maintenance and good enough in performance plus you can get it sized for any case/form factor. Water is just effective but compromises relative to air, on everything else. There is a small niche for AIO's that are small in a smaller enclosure with limited airflow options, but then you're losing the performance advantage for the most part.

Noctua stuff lasts as well, I brought mine when I got my 9900k, I then took advantage of their free upgrade kit, to use it with my platform upgrade.
All air coolers last. Its a hunk of metal and a fan you can replace for $10,-. There's just nothing that can really break. I haven't had a single aftermarket air tower that broke, just a fan going bad after 10 years or so. I'm baffled people keep attributing this great perk to Noctua :D

Last edited:
System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4

The usual over-long, excruciatingly detailed, and frankly somewhat self-indulgent GN review--but I appreciate the effort that went into it, even so. The gist is that the cooler is underwhelming. That's my judgment, not GN's. It performs well, but not so much better than near competitors, including its own predecessor, to justify the price premium. Also I find the whole pick-your-cold-plate's-convexity scheme needlessly fussy, but YMMV.
Watched most of it, I dont disagree as an owner of the older model, it makes me happy in a way knowing what I have is almost as good. Also yeah the standard cold plate seems way to go out of the 3 options.

I think the issue I have with the blank statement of 'compromises everywhere' is that air really isn't compromising much if anything at all. That only applies to a heavily overpriced cooler like these Noctua's (so we agree on that one :D), but that's not a property of 'air cooling'.

Air is cheap, effective, problem free, low maintenance and good enough in performance plus you can get it sized for any case/form factor. Water is just effective but compromises relative to air, on everything else. There is a small niche for AIO's that are small in a smaller enclosure with limited airflow options, but then you're losing the performance advantage for the most part.

All air coolers last. Its a hunk of metal and a fan you can replace for $10,-. There's just nothing that can really break. I haven't had a single aftermarket air tower that broke, just a fan going bad after 10 years or so. I'm baffled people keep attributing this great perk to Noctua :D
My old cooler didnt last, like most non noctua fans, the fan on it went to crap. Then I had the problem of not being able to replace the fan as the fan that came with the cooler was made for the heatsink, and fans brought separately were not. Didnt fit the clips right and had to frankenstein it until I brought the noctua.

When the day comes I replace the noctua I think I will go AIO though.

Mouse XTRFY M42
Software W10 x64
My old cooler didnt last, like most non noctua fans, the fan on it went to crap. Then I had the problem of not being able to replace the fan as the fan that came with the cooler was made for the heatsink, and fans brought separately were not. Didnt fit the clips right and had to frankenstein it until I brought the noctua.

When the day comes I replace the noctua I think I will go AIO though.
N=1... I have a Gelid Tranquillo Rev 2 ($25,-) since 2012 that's been running all the time and the $7,- fan on it still works like it did on day one. No noise or anything.
Similarly, Fractal case fans have all been stellar for a similar amount of time.
I also haven't had a single Bequiet fan fail on me yet.

I did have a fan fail in a LEPA PSU and that was pretty fast too, some 3-4 years of usage.

Honestly, most non overpriced air towers just have standard clips for standard 12cm/14cm fans. Sounds to me like you just bought a shit cooler. Air cooling is a KISS scenario imho. Like most computer parts and computers in general. I'm repeatedly baffled by the complexity people add to it.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS PROART RTX 4070 Ti-Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White, MODDIY 12VHPWR Cable
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Noctua will maintain socket support, some other brands don't, thats one argument that could be made in this direction.

In my opinion, real innovation in this space is selling a dual tower with quality fans for under $50. Thats where Noctua is failing to innovate, while Scythe and Thermalright have achieved this.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
Sounds to me like you just bought a shit cooler. Air cooling is a KISS scenario imho. Like most computer parts and computers in general. I'm repeatedly baffled by the complexity people add to it.
What, you don’t like whatever the hell BQ is pulling here?
1720092124526.jpeg

No, I never wanted to have full user serviceability on my hunk of aluminum fins, why do you ask?