• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

"The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load" but trying to fix it seemingly doesn't work

So my PC has been rebooting randomly since I built it in early feburary. Haven't figured out what caused it after half a year of trial and error (event viewer shows Machine Check Exception; Cache Hierarchy Error). Haven't tried this. I'm sorry if if I dont fully explain everything. Basically, the WudfRd driver fails to load for my headset (HyperX CLoud 2), I've seen others with the same issue, and its been causing reboots for them aswell. When trying to fix it I get stuck though. I was trying to follow this guide, but the issue is Windows Driver Foundation doesn't exist in my services, then I tried to fix that, which led me to this guide. The issue with that is
Screenshot 2024-07-19 225248.png
that this pops up when pasting the commands into command prompt. I don't know what to do about this. The only asnwer I've found online seems to be copied from the website I got the command and guide for, so nothing actually about fixing this specific error that pops up, only things about specific porgrams lacking the file, but the file in itself seemingly doesnt exist, and its no specific program that brings up the error, its trying when trying to actually add windows driver foundation
Specs;
GPU: AMD Radeon 6650XT
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 R2.0
Ram: 16GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4-3200
SSD: 1TB Lexar NM620 M.2
PSU: 700 Watt be quiet! System Power 9

Last edited:
System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Have you tried CCCleaner to remove left overs from programs and drivers??

System Name I don't name my rig
Processor 14700K
Motherboard Asus TUF Z790
Cooling Air/water/DryIce
Memory DDR5 G.Skill Z5 RGB 6000mhz C36
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Super
Storage 980 Pro
Display(s) Some LED 1080P TV
Case Open bench
Audio Device(s) Some Old Sherwood stereo and old cabinet speakers
Power Supply Corsair 1050w HX series
Mouse Razor Mamba Tournament Edition
Keyboard Logitech G910
VR HMD Quest 2
Software Windows
Benchmark Scores Max Freq 13700K 6.7ghz DryIce Max Freq 14700K 7.0ghz DryIce Max all time Freq FX-8300 7685mhz LN2
So my PC has been rebooting randomly since I built it in early feburary. Haven't figured out what caused it after half a year of trial and error (event viewer shows Machine Check Exception; Cache Hierarchy Error). Haven't tried this. I'm sorry if if I dont fully explain everything. Basically, the WudfRd driver fails to load for my headset (HyperX CLoud 2), I've seen others with the same issue, and its been causing reboots for them aswell. When trying to fix it I get stuck though. I was trying to follow this guide, but the issue is Windows Driver Foundation doesn't exist in my services, then I tried to fix that, which led me to this guide. The issue with that is View attachment 355737 that this pops up when pasting the commands into command prompt. I don't know what to do about this. The only asnwer I've found online seems to be copied from the website I got the command and guide for, so nothing actually about fixing this specific error that pops up, only things about specific porgrams lacking the file, but the file in itself seemingly doesnt exist, and its no specific program that brings up the error, its trying when trying to actually add windows driver foundation
Would be helpful to fill system specs in your profile or list them here. This was a common failure of AMD 3000 series AM4 processors.

GL

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
This talks about that dynamic link library missing

Another way to fix it

I used to download dlls if the os reported them not installed/missing

Have you tried CCCleaner to remove left overs from programs and drivers??
I haven't, no. I'm downloading it right now, thank you

Would be helpful to fill system specs in your profile or list them here. This was a common failure of AMD 3000 series AM4 processors.

GL
Sorry, yeah. I added my specs to the post. I'll add them to my profile aswell. I currently have a 5600, so still am4 but not a 3000 series

Another way to fix it

Ah, thank you. I'll have to read through those. The first one is what I followed, thats when I had the error pop up.
I avoided that last website cause I thought it was incredibly sketchy, so thank you for linking it, I'll probably have to downlaod the dlls from there then

Another way to fix it

Also, is there a specific version I should download from the site? I downloaded the first file, but it still says it cant find the dll when trying to register it