• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive for Most Devices [USB Supported]

Apophis_

i have enabled "listen to this device" in windows audio settings on the virtual recording cable from vac
think you can also do this on stereo mix

I use 'Stereo Mix' to keep an active stream on SPDIF, https://ibb.co/477T74G | https://ibb.co/MVgzT5s
You can also use VAC, and VAC to force speaker detection (virtual speakers to SPDIF).

For 'Stereo Mix', you will need to 'show disabled' endpoints in the Windows panel.
In some cases the stream may need to be unmuted, I use muted.

Last edited:
Hopefully Realtek update their USB versions with the newer SPDIF [consumer] transmitters and receivers. Then we can move onto using more bitrate that is available.

Example Transmitter (SPDIF-Out): Infineon-Component_SPDIF_Transmitter_(SPDIF_Tx)_V1.20-Software Module Datasheets-v01_02-EN.pdf

The upgrade from BMC would be something similar to RTN (which is based on ADAT Lightpipe).

Note: Given the fact the newer consumer SPDIF transmitters are programmable, BMC and Other transmission could be a user option.

----

Attachments

• SPDIF.png
    SPDIF.png
    230.1 KB · Views: 31
  • DMAS.png
    DMAS.png
    23.5 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I use 'Stereo Mix' to keep an active stream on SPDIF, https://ibb.co/477T74G | https://ibb.co/MVgzT5s
You can also use VAC, and VAC to force speaker detection (virtual speakers to SPDIF).

For 'Stereo Mix', you will need to 'show disabled' endpoints in the Windows panel.
In some cases the stream may need to be unmuted, I use muted.

Stereo Mix is missing on my setup under the Recording section of the Sound Control Panel (I did check the option to display Disconnected and Disabled items).

Seems this is related to the driver. I'm using the Realtek USB Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3-DTS) drivers : 6.4.0.2395 WHQL [10/07/2024]

[DRIVERS] Realtek USB Audio (AMD 5xx/6xx/8xx & Int... - Republic of Gamers Forum - 845528 (asus.com)

That's very odd, yes its driver controlled. Even the base Microsoft USB driver has 'Stereo Mix' the last time I checked on my friends PC with USB Realtek.
The VAC version does allow you to bypass terrible game programming, as a bonus, they are seen as 'speakers' by all apps.

How can i remove these two components?
I uninstalled all the dts drivers and deleted realated services, but these still show up even after deleting.
1725814098790.png

Found it, there was a DTS controller in system devices

@Journeym, can I ask what reason you uninstalled? Did it not work, if not, what device are you using?

Correct anyway, I will make an uninstaller at some point.

No, i actually ended up with this driver on top of my original realtek driver from motherboard manufacturer. I just wanted to do a clean installation.
As i already stated here i chanded motherboard and my sound setup started glitching

itry2079

Bro, u r so amazing!!!

Is there any chance we can get "dts audio processing"? I have it on my laptop, wish have it on my PC too.

APO4 is the upgraded version, there are two types of license and way of working, DTS:X Ultra and DTS Audio Processing.
The one you mention is probably the older APO3. I found DTS:X Ultra is the better product.

DTS.png

The code is unlocked, so you can use a DTS AP preset.

----

Note, the current preset is tuned for True Sound, other presets you probably wont like the sound.

====

Forgot to mention I updated 'Win CAudio', a few days ago. Follow the guide, apply, reboot.

Last edited:

itry2079

Cool! Reverse engineering!

I checked, it's APO4.
DTS:X Ultra works well on my PC. But I can't even install DTS Audio Processing.
When I try to install I get this:
App installation fails with error message: Windows cannot install package DTSInc.DTSAudioProcessing_1.10.15.0_x64__t5j2fzbtdg37r because the device driver this package depends on cannot be found. One of the following device drivers must be installed: {[DTS-dtsaudioprocessinghsa.inf, 1.5.3.0, 2020-06-04]} (0x80073cfd)

Seems like we are missing "DTS-dtsaudioprocessinghsa.inf".

DTS Audio Processing feels better when I try it on my laptop, so I really want run it on my PC too!

You would need to create the software point so the [DTS-dtsaudioprocessinghsa.inf] attaches to it, then it will install the .inf and app.
I don't have the information at hand, else you would modify the installer to add DTS AP to the [DTS Controller].

The laptop likely has tuning for the laptop, normally presets are tuned to the device it runs on.

Software Components.png

[DTS Controller] = Virtual, software points only.

====

I am working on newer files, its fully unlocked (jump and zero), but they have changed the defaults system for analogue.
Still working on it, which is the service, hopefully I can post an update, but I have limited time overall.

JMP: EB XX (Short), E9 XX XX + (Long). Highlight block tails, and Zero (0) to remove code.

Attachments

• Unlock -1.png
    Unlock -1.png
    229.2 KB · Views: 31
  • Unlock -2.png
    Unlock -2.png
    224.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Unlock -3.png
    Unlock -3.png
    251.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Unlock -4.png
    Unlock -4.png
    215.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

itry2079

I can install DTS Audio Processing now. But looks like my USB device does not have permission.
I try to use [OEM] to replace files in [APO4x] and install, it won't work.

PC.jpg

Thanks for your guidance, but I barely know assembly and reverse engineering.
Could this be a registry problem?

Attachments

• Laptop.png
    Laptop.png
    125.7 KB · Views: 22
  • Laptop2.png
    Laptop2.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 20
  • PC2.jpg
    PC2.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 23
Did you change the .lic file? The one provided is for DTS:X Ultra, so it should only license DTS:X Ultra, you will also need to change the preset, as it is also set for DTS:X Ultra.
I will see if I can put some time aside over the weekend to provide additional assistance, I use RustDesk for remote support, no install.

You did well to get the app installed, well done there, some extra steps are needed though.

----

Attachments

• License.png
    License.png
    265.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Preset.png
    Preset.png
    264.7 KB · Views: 15

itry2079

Oh, I didn't notice the license. I can provide you with the license etc files from my laptop.

And I found that on my laptop, the GUI is only available when the device driver is a specific version of Realtek.
After using the FX Config tool for USB devices, the GUI of the DTS AP still shows that the current device is not supported.
But only in the GUI, when toggle the "Enable Audio Enhancement" button I can feel a noticeable change in the sound.

FX_config-Laptop.png

I appreciate your support. Do you need to access my 3389 port? I don’t have a public IP.

Attachments

• license_and_preset-Laptop.png
    license_and_preset-Laptop.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
I will message you a bit later. Looks like the AlanFox (not AAF, different people) version is just the UWP, not the main files.

System Name It's just a computer
Processor i9-14900K Direct Die
Motherboard MSI Z790 ACE MAX
Cooling 2X D5T Vario, XSPC BayRes, 2X Nemesis GTR560, NF-A14-iPPC3000PWM, NF-A14-iPPC2000PWM, IceMan DD
Memory TEAMGROUP FFXD548G8000HC38EDC01
Video Card(s) MSI 4070 Ti Super w/Alphacool Eisblock Aurora RTX 4070TI Ventus with Backplate :13724
Storage Samsung 990 PRO 1TB M.2
Display(s) LG 32GK650F
Case Thermaltake Xaser VI
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G/Z-5500
Power Supply Seasonic Prime PX-1300
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
Software Win11PRO
Revisiting this after a while.

When you say "Edit the .reg file(s), replacing {DEVICE-ID} on both lines with the copied ID, save, close, then apply the .reg file(s)." do you mean to replace all the GUIDs?

I have several, which to replace?

guid snip 9-22-24.jpg

@itry2079, let me know if you need any help at a later date. All working, and its the first time I've seen main running on a USB.
If you decide to use a different APO4 preset, let me know and I will check over the preset installer I made.

----

Note: If you have a Creative USB, there is a good chance the main APO will work (instead of OEM).

I decided to leave presets down to the consumer, I used to have a preset installer, but it becomes complicated for some people.
The preset I provide is essentially DTS True Sound, not adding flavour but focuses on processing quality.

Presets are tuned by the OEM for the audio device it runs on, the provided one is generic, and will license SPDIF.

====

Future technology: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dmas-design-spdif-optical.307991/post-5328827 (#91+)

Last edited:

itry2079

Total bits would look like [48: 1__1] [96: 1_1_1], as you can see we just went from 2 bits, to 3 bits in [20.833~ us] time. This is not enough to notice much in fidelity.
To get similar to 24 bits in [20.833~ us] time, 1152 sample rate is needed (per channel, per second) (868.055~ nano second interval).

24 x 48 =1152, at the same time, there should be a digital filter attenuating past 20-22k to 0, as we can not hear it.
In fact, using a high cut filter is because we can hear "it" (false signal caused by aliasing).

About aliasing:

=== === === === ===

Sample interval and sample rate is an interesting one, reducing the interval will increase total fidelity (if enough), but at the same time add frequency outside of hearing range.
And you might think I'm crazy.
But I think a sampling rate more than twice the target frequency can reproduce 100% of the waveform (Increasing the sample rate of audio output might not increase fidelity).
Higher sample rates are often used for audio recording and mixing. And high sampling rate during audio output is mainly used to reduce aliasing.

I'm a senior in college. Although I only have little talent and knowledge, I have some knowledge in embedded development.
The above conclusion is based on the video of a Chinese "Youtuber". I think he might be right.

Here's his video, I just generated english subtitles for it (.srt file).

Last edited:
Imagine a grid of squares, the smaller the height and width the smaller the pixel. I am aware of aliasing, which causes higher than sample rate to enter lower frequencies.
You wont get that problem at 1152k samples though, I really doubt any recording equipment can capture 576 kHz. Double win.

1152k will produce 24x the width resolution of 48k. 1152k 1 channel, RGB Optical = 1.152 Mbits/s.

Last edited: