• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EKWB Indigo Xtreme ETI and Supremacy EVO Elite Now for LGA-2011-3

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
EK Water Blocks, Ljubljana based premium computer liquid cooling gear manufacturer, is proud to introduce new Indigo Xtreme Engineered Thermal Interface for the latest 5th generation Intel Socket LGA-2011-3 series CPU as well as Supremacy EVO Elite CPU water block + Indigo Xtreme ETI bundle.

EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme represents the latest generation Engineered Thermal Interface (ETI) and fits neatly between a CPU lid and water block (or heat sink) to keep CPUs cooler. Unlike greases, metallic thermal interface pads or liquid metal alloys, Indigo XS is a self-contained and sealed structure, deploying a Phase Change Metallic Alloy (PCMA) which reflows and fills surface asperities on the CPU lid and heat sink.

Indigo Xtreme achieves high thermal performance through the optimized deployment of molten, oxide-free PCMA, thereby yielding low contact resistance and low bulk resistance. The resultant interfacial layer is void-free and robust, with low thermal contact and bulk resistance.

EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme - Intel 2011-3 is a platform dependant applicator and thus only compatible with Intel Socket LGA-2011-3 series CPU.

This product offers the following characteristics:
  • Bulk thermal conductivity >20 W/mK
  • Fully sealed structure - no mess or migration
  • Most consistent performance - applies the correct amount of alloy every time
  • Gallium-free
  • Laser-cut precision
  • Fully compatible with copper and aluminum surfaces
  • Peel-and-stick application
  • Easy clean up - just peel to remove
EK-Supremacy Elite is the premium bundle containing the award winning CPU water block on the market - the EK-Supremacy EVO - Full Nickel - and the best thermal interface on the market - the EK-TIM Indigo Xtreme.

EK-Supremacy EVO is an evolution of a EK-Supremacy flagship performance water block, introduced in 2012. More than one year worth of round-clock development, CFD analysis and rigorous testing is now resulting in ultimate performance, unmatched by any other product on the market.

EK-Supremacy EVO is a universal CPU water block that fits all modern CPU sockets with a universal mounting mechanism that offers error-preventing, tool-less installation. The result is a perfect installation which results in optimal performance every time. EK-Supremacy EVO is truly the only product for performance seeking enthusiasts.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Desktop / "Console"
Processor Ryzen 5950X / Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus X570 Hero / Asus X570-i
Cooling EK AIO Elite 280 / Cryorig C1
Memory 32GB Gskill Trident DDR4-3600 CL16 / 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 FE / RTX 2080ti FE
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus NVME / 1TB Sabrent Rocket 4 NVME, 1TB Intel 660P
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW / LG 65CX Oled
Case Lian Li O11 Mini / Sliger CL530 Conswole
Audio Device(s) Sony AVR, SVS speakers & subs / Marantz AVR, SVS speakers & subs
Power Supply ROG Loki 1000 / Silverstone SX800
VR HMD Quest 3
Interesting, this is something I am not familiar with. So this is something similar to a thermal pad, but metallic, that is used instead of a liquid TIM? Other than maybe price, are there any drawbacks or reasons as to why you wouldn't want to use these? If I'm understanding it correctly it seems like a much better solution than liquid TIM. The thermal conductivity rating is more than twice as much as say MX-4 (20W/mk compared to 8.5W/mk) and no mess or bad application.

Also, Is this something that works exclusively with EK blocks or will it fit all the same with a Swiftech CPU block? I'm really thinking about trying these out now.

System Name anime_server//home_pc//rufy_pc//htpc//film_server
Processor EQ8300@3.03/E7200@3.16/E8400@3.06/E5300@2.93/J1900
Motherboard Asus P5Q-DLX/MSI G31M3-L V2/GA-G41M-ES2L/AsRock Conroe1333-D667/AsRock Q1900-ITX
Cooling CM Hyper48+Vantec Tornado/stock/Asus Triton/stock/stock
Memory 2*2G PI8000+2*1G Extreme800+/2*2G PC2-6400/1*2G+1*512M PC2-6400/2*1G Kingston PC2-6400/2*4G so-DDR3
Video Card(s) Palit GTX460 1GB w EK Supreme/GTS240 1GB/Asus HD4550 512MB/Asus 7200GS 128MB/iHD
Storage too many in too many config
Display(s) Asus VS239--BenQ G922HDL--Philips 191V--Panasonic TX-40CS620--BenQ 2220HDL
Case Chieftec super towa--Nokia Style--TechSolo TC-020--Lenovo Case--NXT one
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy!--onboard--onboard--onboard--onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX850 w Aerocool fan--Antec EA380--FSP-300-60GHS--crappy one--LC-Power LC7300
Software W7Pro x64--W8.1Pro--W7Pro x64--W7Pro--Win server 2012r2
Benchmark Scores need more GB, more GPU and more CPU.. at least can share all with my rig
Interesting, this is something I am not familiar with. So this is something similar to a thermal pad, but metallic, that is used instead of a liquid TIM? Other than maybe price, are there any drawbacks or reasons as to why you wouldn't want to use these? If I'm understanding it correctly it seems like a much better solution than liquid TIM. The thermal conductivity rating is more than twice as much as say MX-4 (20W/mk compared to 8.5W/mk) and no mess or bad application.

Also, Is this something that works exclusively with EK blocks or will it fit all the same with a Swiftech CPU block? I'm really thinking about trying these out now.

The key words are "phase change" this is the same as TIM does in that it fills the minute imperfections in the metal surfaces to improve thermal conduction of the heat from the CPU heat spreader. In practice you might see a couple degrees difference between this and a plain Jane TIM so don't expect big performance gains because it just don't happen.

Technically the best heat conduction is with no TIM at all and with perfectly smooth metal-to-metal contact. Since this is impossible even with extremely smooth (not polished) surfaces, a small amount of TIM only to fill the minute pores or unevenness in the two surfaces is the best choice for heat transfer. If you can't see through the TIM after the heatsink has been installed and removed and less than 50-75% of the two metal surfaces are not completely bare of TIM, then you have too much TIM or warped surfaces that need some flattening.

System Name Games/internet/usage
Processor I7 5820k 4.2 Ghz
Motherboard ASUS X99-A2
Cooling custom water loop for cpu and gpu
Memory 16GiB Crucial Ballistix Sport 2666 MHz
Video Card(s) Radeon Rx 6800 XT
Storage Samsung XP941 500 GB + 1 TB SSD
Display(s) Dell 3008WFP
Case Caselabs Magnum M8
Audio Device(s) Shiit Modi 2 Uber -> Matrix m-stage -> HD650
Power Supply beQuiet dark power pro 1200W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software Win 10 Pro

Used it with a XSPC raystrom block and an I7 920, was working good.

BUT the process of applying it is long and fiddly, if I remember correctly it has about 40 steps. To get the best reflow you are supposed to putt the tower on its side so the motherboard is laying completely flat, using a spirit meter to achieve this.

Also, the price is HIGH, ass you only get two applications in one box, and you are going to use both the first time you do it.

Also, it’s a bich to get off the block, and you cannot keep the application if you remove the block, then you have to redo the whole 40 step process with a new one.

So in short, its really good when you put it on, but getting it on takes time.