• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA Reportedly Stops Production of Certain "Maxwell" GPUs

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11
You are clearly Green Team, yet the difference you and I is a majority of my posts are not troll attempts to derail a thread like your recent ones today on the Fury thread or even on your profile.

I don't spend my time trying to troll or derail threads unlike you. Heck your posts in threads that you clearly have no interest in are only there to try to troll/derail/talk down to others. Case and point...

Point is, once in awhile would be funny. Constantly is annoying from anyone regardless of the side is going towards.

Its not funny when its a constant thing regardless of who it is. I am just tired of his constant trolling on every thread that pops up with AMD in the title. Heck there are a bunch of people that do it far to often as well, but Fluff just does it at an even more constant rate then others and its getting quite old since it can and has started thread derailment (No I am not blaming him exclusively either since this thread basically suffered the same problem from others). I tire of constant derailments as it makes it hard to talk about the products or if this issue is a big deal when half the thread is filled with "My card is better than your card" arguments.

You say you tire of constant derailments, then thank the very first derail post in this thread? Hmm.

You seem to think you can have it both ways, you thank posts that troll then get upset when I do it?

EarthDog summed up your solution nicely.

System Name SnowFire / The Reinforcer
Processor i7 10700K 5.1ghz (24/7) / 2x Xeon E52650v2
Motherboard Asus Strix Z490 / Dell Dual Socket (R720)
Cooling RX 360mm + 140mm Custom Loop / Dell Stock
Memory Corsair RGB 16gb DDR4 3000 CL 16 / DDR3 128gb 16 x 8gb
Video Card(s) GTX Titan XP (2025mhz) / Asus GTX 950 (No Power Connector)
Storage Samsung 970 1tb NVME and 2tb HDD x4 RAID 5 / 300gb x8 RAID 5
Display(s) Acer XG270HU, Samsung G7 Odyssey (1440p 240hz)
Case Thermaltake Cube / Dell Poweredge R720 Rack Mount Case
Audio Device(s) Realtec ALC1150 (On board)
Power Supply Rosewill Lightning 1300Watt / Dell Stock 750 / Brick
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Logitech G19S
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows Server 2016
Report the post, put the user on ignore. Problem solved for you. Once the staff gets enough reports, the problem will officially be gone from the forums...

... though, their patience here over some troublesome posters, is frustrating at times.
I did that awhile back, problem is when threads have the blank spots or spots with people talking to ignored persons causes for weird threads. Should not have to read through it constantly or read an entire thread that is stuck on an off the wall conversation because of it...

You say you tire of constant derailments, then thank the very first derail post in this thread? Hmm.

You seem to think you can have it both ways, you thank posts that troll then get upset when I do it?

EarthDog summed up your solution nicely.
If he was constantly doing it, it would be annoying as well and people would be calling him out on it (Like they are). Notice I'm not commenting on another person who does the same thing on your side as well? Probably because it's not constant... You on the other hand seem to have made it your life goal to post on nearly every thread regarding AMD or Nvidia graphics a troll comment... If it became his life's work too the same thing would be being said like now.

Last edited:
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-13700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory 32GB(2x16) DDR5@6600MHz G-Skill Trident Z5
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 AMP Holo
Storage 2TB SK Platinum P41 SSD + 4TB SanDisk Ultra SSD + 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 3440x1440@100Hz G-Sync
Case NZXT PHANTOM410-BK
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe
Power Supply Corsair 850W
Mouse Logitech Hero G502 SE
Software Windows 11 Pro - 64bit
Benchmark Scores 30FPS in NFS:Rivals
You guys are ALL trolling and that's a fact. Get over it :) 27 posts with maximum 5 on topic :) :) :)

Processor i5 4670K - @ 4.8GHZ core
Motherboard MSI Z87 G43
Cooling Thermalright Ultra-120 *(Modded to fit on this motherboard)
Memory 16GB 2400MHZ
Video Card(s) HD7970 GHZ edition Sapphire
Storage Samsung 120GB 850 EVO & 4X 2TB HDD (Seagate)
Display(s) 42" Panasonice LED TV @120Hz
Case Corsair 200R
Audio Device(s) Xfi Xtreme Music with Hyper X Core
Power Supply Cooler Master 700 Watts
Report the post, put the user on ignore. Problem solved for you. Once the staff gets enough reports, the problem will officially be gone from the forums...

... though, their patience here over some troublesome posters, is frustrating at times.

So debate is completely thrown out of the window when your favourite brand is questioned. I didn't know some users at Techpowerup were such uptight.

OH and No, noone is a fangirl at this end, I have links that says HD 7970 did come very close to the performance figures of GTX 970. There is a reason a lot of people at Nvidia forum are complaining about performance not being upto the mark.

Anyway the way things are going here it seems you guys have already made up your mind. So let me sing the same song like you do. Nvidia is the best mmkay ?

Last edited:

bogmali

In Orbe Terrum Non Visi
System Name Daily Driver/Part Time
Processor Core i7-13700K/Ryzen R5-7600
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX/Asrock B650 Pro RS Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT AIO/Deep Cool LS-520 White
Memory Patriot 2x16GB DDR5-7200/XPG Lancer Blade 2X16GB DDR-5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 3X OC RTX-4080 Super/Sapphire Radeon RX-7800XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro M.2 NVMe 2TB/KingSpec XG 7000 4TB M.2 NVMe/Crucial P5 Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe
Display(s) Alienware AW3423DW
Case Corsair 5000d AirFlow/Asus AP201 White
Audio Device(s) AudioEngine D1 DAC/Onboard
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra 1K Watt/Seagotep 750W
Mouse Corsair M65 RGB Elite
Keyboard Adata XPG Summoner
Software Win11 Pro 64
Benchmark Scores Xbox Live Gamertag=jondonken
Its a shame that some of you in here, who I consider as vets, continue to derail threads every chance you get. Some of you claim to be mods/admins elsewhere but yet you act like you just signed up yesterday:wtf: The culprits will be dealt with soon enough and as for the rest of you who "still" follow the rules-carry on:)