• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA TITAN X Pascal Available from Today

System Name Addison Clark
Processor Ryzen 9 7950x3D delid
Motherboard Asus X670E Hero
Cooling Custom Bykski loop CPU, GPU, 2x 360 rads, and 1x 280 rad with Arctic P12 and P14 ARGB fans
Memory G.Skill DDR5-6000 64GB CL30
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4090 Aorus Master
Storage Kingston Fury 2TB and 4TB NVME
Display(s) Samsung 57"
Case Lian Li O11 mini
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000w SFX-L
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB SE
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platnium
Software Win 11 Pro
Kinda pissed these wont be on Newegg anytime soon if ever. GPU update was the last thing on my new system and this is what I was waiting for since this will be a system to last me 4-5 years.

System Name Royal Fortune (Main)/Adventure Galley (NAS)/Little Ranger (HTPC)
Processor Intel i5 4460/AMD C-70/Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Ed.
Motherboard Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5/Asrock C-70M1/Asrock Z97 Anniversary
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX/Stock/Raijintek Triton Core
Memory 8GB Team Group Dark 1600 CL9/8GB Team Group Elite 1600 CL9/8GB Avexir Core 1600
Video Card(s) VTX3D R9 280X 3GB/APU/Palit GTX 750 TI StormX Duo
Storage 120GB Team Group Ultra L5 SSD + 1TB WD Black/4 X 2TB WD Blue/120 GB Kingston V300
Display(s) Dell 2310/AOC e2070Swn 19.5"/TV
Case In Win 707/Bitfenix Prodigy M/Dimastech Easy V3
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply EVGA Supernova GS 650W/be quiet! System Power 7 350W/Xigmatek Maverick 400W
Mouse Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex/Razer Abyssus/-
Keyboard Corsair K70 Red/Steelseries Apex Raw/Logitech K400
Software Win10/FreeNAS 9.3/KodiBuntu
Since the Titan X has three times the HWBot benchmark submissions of all the Fiji-based cards combined, you could then conclude by your data that people buying AMD's top end cards are three times as likely to spend their computer time playing simple run-and-gun games and indulging in run-and-cum desktop gymnastics :eek:

On a more serious note, the first benchmarks for the card that began circulating last week had little to do with gaming....although since this is far from sexy for a mainstream tech forum focused almost wholly on gaming numbers and f.p.s., here's PC World's Titan X SLI review.
I run an AMD card, but not because I'm a fanboy...the 280X offered the most bang for the buck when I did my build, and I know air-cooling pretty well so the TDP didn't scare me.
My point was that it's all about the prestige, not really about the day-to-day performance...just like the guy who buys a BMW M5 to drive 20 minutes to and from work.

System Name MoneySink
Processor 2600K @ 4.8
Motherboard P8Z77-V
Cooling AC NexXxos XT45 360, RayStorm, D5T+XSPC tank, Tygon R-3603, Bitspower
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600C8
Video Card(s) GTX 780 SLI (EVGA SC ACX + Giga GHz Ed.)
Storage Kingston HyperX SSD (128) OS, WD RE4 (1TB), RE2 (1TB), Cav. Black (2 x 500GB), Red (4TB)
Display(s) Achieva Shimian QH270-IPSMS (2560x1440) S-IPS
Case NZXT Switch 810
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek yawn edition
Power Supply Seasonic X-1050
Software Win8.1 Pro
Benchmark Scores 3.5 litres of Pale Ale in 18 minutes.
I run an AMD card, but not because I'm a fanboy...the 280X offered the most bang for the buck when I did my build, and I know air-cooling pretty well so the TDP didn't scare me.
My point was that it's all about the prestige, not really about the day-to-day performance...just like the guy who buys a BMW M5 to drive 20 minutes to and from work.
My point was that you cant make gross assumptions based on bias and a very limited number of data points. For example I've run watercooled systems for over fifteen years.I do so not because they are cost effective (they aren't), or because of prestige, or because they require less maintenance than air cooled systems (which isn't the case)....I build them because I love tinkering with hardware. It is also the reason that often indulge in SLI/CrossfireX setups....and you might be shocked to realize that many in of acquiantance do likewise, or in some cases buy large framebuffer cards like Titans and second hand Quadro's to indulge their 3D rendering hobbies.

Just as an aside, I actually own a BMW M5 - albeit an elderly E34 version....and yes I do commute to and from work in it. I also travel a country that has a very high percentage of challenging single/double lane gravelled roads, and a lot of bad roads (and bad road conditions) in general. Not everyone buys with the same requirements in mind.

System Name Royal Fortune (Main)/Adventure Galley (NAS)/Little Ranger (HTPC)
Processor Intel i5 4460/AMD C-70/Intel Pentium G3258 Anniversary Ed.
Motherboard Gigabyte ga-z97x-gaming 5/Asrock C-70M1/Asrock Z97 Anniversary
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX/Stock/Raijintek Triton Core
Memory 8GB Team Group Dark 1600 CL9/8GB Team Group Elite 1600 CL9/8GB Avexir Core 1600
Video Card(s) VTX3D R9 280X 3GB/APU/Palit GTX 750 TI StormX Duo
Storage 120GB Team Group Ultra L5 SSD + 1TB WD Black/4 X 2TB WD Blue/120 GB Kingston V300
Display(s) Dell 2310/AOC e2070Swn 19.5"/TV
Case In Win 707/Bitfenix Prodigy M/Dimastech Easy V3
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply EVGA Supernova GS 650W/be quiet! System Power 7 350W/Xigmatek Maverick 400W
Mouse Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex/Razer Abyssus/-
Keyboard Corsair K70 Red/Steelseries Apex Raw/Logitech K400
Software Win10/FreeNAS 9.3/KodiBuntu
My point was that you cant make gross assumptions based on bias and a very limited number of data points. For example I've run watercooled systems for over fifteen years.I do so not because they are cost effective (they aren't), or because of prestige, or because they require less maintenance than air cooled systems (which isn't the case)....I build them because I love tinkering with hardware. It is also the reason that often indulge in SLI/CrossfireX setups....and you might be shocked to realize that many in of acquiantance do likewise, or in some cases buy large framebuffer cards like Titans and second hand Quadro's to indulge their 3D rendering hobbies.

Just as an aside, I actually own a BMW M5 - albeit an elderly E34 version....and yes I do commute to and from work in it. I also travel a country that has a very high percentage of challenging single/double lane gravelled roads, and a lot of bad roads (and bad road conditions) in general. Not everyone buys with the same requirements in mind.
Well, a brand new Titan is not really a clever thing to buy if you want bang for your buck...used Quadros or similar are a lot better for work, a top-tier gaming card is better for gaming.
Tinkering with Water Cooling, building your own cabinet or generally messing around with hardware is part of the hobby....buying the most expensive GPU, regardless of your need, is not (it's just bling)

As for your M5, wouldn't you be better served with something 4x4 considering all the bad roads? ;-)